Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Cheetara thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Aamir Khan and Salman Khan were perfectly cast, and in retrospect, it's difficult to imagine anyone else in their shoes

Andaz Apna Apna is a genuinely well-crafted comedy that hammered away at its mission. When a father yelled at his son, it was to make us laugh. When a villain aimed at a target, it was to make us laugh. When someone was kidnapped, it was to make us laugh. And these efforts resulted in a film that was by every definition a laugh riot, induced by all the silliness that accompanies a nonsensical comedy which is amazingly self-aware and free of tasteless humor.

It is the kind of film that works well in most settings, and has retained its appeal for 15 years now. The jokes get funnier with repeat viewings. Surprisingly, there is more to appreciate each time. I highly recommend you see it. For all the nonsensical comedy it contains (which more often than not requires the taking off of thinking caps), it is delightfully intelligent!

And finally
If you've visited the Aamir and Salman blogs, you'll know this film truly brought the fan bases of the two together. We cannot get enough of it. That was then...

...and this is now (well, almost; see below):

A sequel?
There were rumors recently (big enough to be picked up by the British Broadcasting Company here) of there being a sequel to this starring the two. The actors have since denied this happening any time soon, but acknowledged at Salman's 10 Ka Dum that fans' continuous insistence might just pay dividends. Continuous it'll always be, gentlemen! If you haven't yet seen the game show episode featuring Aamir. They enter to a song from the film, their dialogue is from here too. Fun! None of Aamir, Salman, or Raveena have denied interest in a sequel, and all I've heard from Aamir is that it might take a year for Rajkumar Santoshi to even come up with a script for them to review.
Edited by chitara - 15 years ago
Cheetara thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

ISano thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
such adorable pics of salman khan
Chahat17 thumbnail
love this movie.......it always brings a smile on my face........
Vanzi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This is simply a CLASSICAL comedy movie, tht u can watch over and over again, and evn though u watch the same scene a hundred time you will laugh over it 200 times, I mean directors who wanna make brilliant comedy and not cheap ones shud definately watch this movie and get inspired, perfect cast wid perfect comedy timing. My one and only fav comedy flick. a must watch for thm who havent seen it.
Highly recommended ppl
ISano thumbnail
so true..
i can give u one example.. well each and every scene makes me laug
but the ..  scene where amar prem mets each other to hawalaat scene where amar prem has been brought to cut the ribben.. its so funny
and al the funny stuff the do
and where prem recieves the phone says .. saab buzzzy hain.. comissioner hogha aapne ghar mein ho gha
and then the put ti down and .. takes it up  and .. makes funny face omg.. i can go on and on...

😆😆😆

Originally posted by: Vanzi

This is simply a CLASSICAL comedy movie, tht u can watch over and over again, and evn though u watch the same scene a hundred time you will laugh over it 200 times, I mean directors who wanna make brilliant comedy and not cheap ones shud definately watch this movie and get inspired, perfect cast wid perfect comedy timing. My one and only fav comedy flick. a must watch for thm who havent seen it.

Highly recommended ppl

Have ordered the dvd you guys sold it to me 👍🏼 ..i remebering seeing the start and liking it..and it seems genuinly funny not stupid funny.
mandy0310 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8
Originally posted by: Ektas_Angel

Have ordered the dvd you guys sold it to me 👍🏼 ..i remebering seeing the start and liking it..and it seems genuinly funny not stupid funny.

It is an awesome movie!! One you can watch over and over again. It is one of my favorites. 👍🏼
sindhunair thumbnail
I just love this movie ...
Its a great stress-buster ! Must 've seen it atleast 10 times :)
uimaaaaa
ISano thumbnail
yeah .. even though u watch it over 20 times u wont get bored.. and its not a cheap comedy .. but a good and decent ones.. love it