Ali to enter Ye Rishta Kya Kehlaata Hai

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

Anamika.shah

IF-Dazzler

Anamika.shah

Posted: 09 February 2009 at 7:56am | IP Logged
Ali to enter Ye Rishta Kya Kehlaata Hai tonight

Ali Merchant is all set to enter Ye Rishta Kya Kehlaata Hai (Star Plus) tonight as Akshara's dream guy.

Describing his role, Merchant says, "I play Rituraj, a businessman who is very honest and understated in his nature. He is helpful and holds immense respect for elders. He is the perfect match for Akshara."

Merchant's really wanted to work with this particular production house- Director's Kut. That was the main reason he took up this offer. He says, "I don't usually take up cameos because I am not comfortable with the production. But here, I know the entire unit and they are like family. Rajanji has always been very sweet. He called me for the role in mid-Jan and I simply couldn't refuse. I am the only person for whom they had a separate room."

The actor says his look in Ye Rishta… will be poles apart from his personal style. "My look is very different from what I actually am! I'll be a clean-shaven, formally-clothed guy with a generic hairstyle. In real life, I am very funky when it comes to dressing."

Talk of how he resembles his character, Merchant says, "In all ways perhaps except the look. I have all the qualities of Rituraj but it is our style of dressing that sets us apart."

According to Merchant, the role will be a cameo of five episodes and there will be a major twist that emerges with his exit. He says, "It will be love at first sight for Akshara and Rituraj but their marriage won't take place because of some obstacles. Therein lies the major twist." So, is there a chance Rituraj comes back to Akshara's life after she marries another suitor? To this, Ali replies, "I have no clue about that. As of now, I've wrapped up with my shooting."

Watch Ali make his entrance tonight at 9:30pm on Star Plus.
http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/February/News_20090209_49

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Ali to enter Ye Rishta Kya Kehlaata Hai" in Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top