Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Billu Barber is now titled 'Billu' (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 5

Page 1 Page 3
Page   of 5
Page 5 Page 5

pichchi

Groupbie

pichchi

Posted: 09 February 2009 at 4:06am | IP Logged
What is the next public demand? Change My Name is Khan to My Name is Ram

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Billu Barber is now titled 'Billu' (Page 4)" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Zareena

IF-Stunnerz

Zareena

Posted: 09 February 2009 at 12:55pm | IP Logged
Barber isn't removed from the Title in Delhi(only in Maharashtra and Mumbai)

--

AmritaRao-Nina

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 09 February 2009 at 12:58pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Salmanayesha

IF-Sizzlerz

Salmanayesha

Posted: 09 February 2009 at 10:51pm | IP Logged
Barber's cut

What's in a name?

Apparently, a lot. After barbers raised an objection to the title of Shah Rukh Khan's forthcoming film, Billu Barber, latest is that the film will now be called Billu. Strangely, barbers were okay with the film being called Billu Hairdresser.

However, SRK seemed in no mood to court any more controversy and so he decided to stick to a safe title this time

Salmanayesha

IF-Sizzlerz

Salmanayesha

Posted: 09 February 2009 at 10:53pm | IP Logged
Billu Barber becomes Billu

Shah Rukh Khan's production Billu Barber, directed by Priyadarshan, has been rechristened Billu following the controversy with beauty parlour and barbers associations. The word 'barber' has also been deleted from the dialogues in the film.

A source tells us, "Half the film has the word 'barber' in it. Now, the words 'barber' and 'hajaam' have been muted in the dialogues and even in the song, Billu Bhayankar.

Nothing can be done about the audio CDs and cassettes that are already out but they have started changing the posters across the city. The word 'barber' has been covered and only Billu can be seen. The ads in the paper read 'Billu' too but there is no change on the official movie website as yet."

He further adds, "The problem started when SRK invited 400 barbers with their families to watch the film as it was about them. That is when they took offence to the title. Priyadrashan was flabbergasted while SRK was obviously upset with the controversy the title created. Barring the metros, people will not connect to 'Billu Hairdresser' or 'Billu Hairstylist' so they decided on the simple 'Billu'."

In one scene however, the word barber has been retained. "There is a scene where Irrfan's character contacts SRK's character and speaks to his secretary. So, when the secretary is taking down his name, he says, 'Mein Billu, Billu, Billu Barber'. This is crucial to the movie and Irrfan's identity in the film so the makers were adamant on retaining it," says our source.

In a statement to the press yesterday, SRK said, "The title 'Billu Barber' is not offensive but we don't want to hurt anyone's sensibilities and that is why we have changed it."

Billu hits theatres on February 13,2009.

Zareena

IF-Stunnerz

Zareena

Posted: 11 February 2009 at 3:33pm | IP Logged
Here, they aren't splitting hairs

12 Feb 2009, 0011 hrs IST, Rumu Banerjee, TNN

NEW DELHI: Confidant, critic, fashion consultant, reality check — being a barber is more than just about cutting hair. It's about holding up the best possible image of the customer to himself. It's a job that requires finesse as well as the skills of a diplomat. Not surprisingly, therefore, Delhi barbers — or hairdressers if you please — have chosen to ignore the entire hullabaloo over Shahrukh Khan starrer 'Billu Barber' which is now just plain 'Billu'.

Ask Mohammed Arif, senior hairdresser at Prince & Princess, a salon in south Delhi. ''The fact is that we cut hair, so we are barbers. And we certainly don't need a movie to justify our importance in society,'' he says. ''But it's more than just that. It's a profession that requires split-second decision-making as well as the ability to visualise. After all, there are no re-takes in cutting hair,'' adds Arif wryly. You have to cater to a range of cutomers — from dandies with a rich crop of hair to vain baldies holding on to stray strands.

Celebrated hair stylist Javed Habib in fact dismisses the entire controversy. ''The fact is that the profession is doing very well with more and more people eager to join the industry,'' he observes.

Rest of article: -

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Delhi/Here_they_arent_splitting_hairs/articleshow/4114847.cms

Zareena

IF-Stunnerz

Zareena

Posted: 11 February 2009 at 3:49pm | IP Logged
Mumbai: Using his star power to the fullest king khan went on a promotional spree for his forthcoming release Billu… as he hopped from one promotional event to another all in a days work.

So after interacting with the media at his Bandra residence Shahrukh kept the shutterbugs on the move as they tried to catch up with his pace.

"Why do all these fancy things. You just have to call me. I will do anything to promote my film. The media though must be sick of me. I will be in their nightmares also. I will not leave them till they declare my film a hit," Shahrukh Khan.

And though the controversy surrounding the title of the film seems to have ended but the King Khan is still apprehensive.

When asked if any of the Khans would get upset with the title of his next film my name is Khan SRK replied.

"I don't know about Khan, but I just hope no Billu… gets upset for the next few days that I have used his name as the title of the film, otherwise my film will be nameless. Just my photograph, and directed by Priyadarshan," adds Shahrukh.

Amidst all the media frenzy King Khan ensured his fans weren't disappointed.

"Lots of love to you dadi, please pray for me and I want to dedicate a song for you mar jaani mar jaani," added Shahrukh.

Come Friday and we hope Billu barber proves to be a gift of love by king Khan to his fans on the valentines weekend.

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/king-khan-on-a-promotion-spree-for-billu/85098-8.html

ana1

IF-Rockerz

ana1

Posted: 11 February 2009 at 6:18pm | IP Logged
attention seekers dum  reson its just a movie

Post Reply New Post

Go to top