Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Billu Barber is now titled 'Billu' (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 5

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 5
Page 4 Page 5

Zareena

IF-Stunnerz

Zareena

Posted: 08 February 2009 at 4:59pm | IP Logged

So disappointed!

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Billu Barber is now titled 'Billu' (Page 3)" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

crazy fanatic

IF-Dazzler

crazy fanatic

Posted: 08 February 2009 at 6:43pm | IP Logged
lol, people are just always after SRK no matter what the poor guy does.  Billu Barber was a nice name...and i'll keep calling it that! :p

Zareena

IF-Stunnerz

Zareena

Posted: 08 February 2009 at 7:06pm | IP Logged

anna143

IF-Dazzler

anna143

Posted: 08 February 2009 at 7:25pm | IP Logged
Uff what was the need? Now they better watch this movie.. for me I'm still going to call it billu barber.

LeadOxide

IF-Rockerz

LeadOxide

Posted: 08 February 2009 at 8:36pm | IP Logged
what was the need to change the name?

Zareena

IF-Stunnerz

Zareena

Posted: 08 February 2009 at 9:26pm | IP Logged
Sirf Billu!

SRK removes the word 'barber' from the title of his next release

Upala KBR

Shah Rukh Khan has dropped the word 'Barber' from the title of his next release, Billu Barber. Now his film is simply called Billu.

As reported in HiTLIST ('Hairdresser, Billu Hairdress-er'; Feb 7) the President of the Salon and Beauty Parlors Association, Uday Takke, said they found the word 'barber' objectionable and they wanted it to be changed to hairdesser. After that, SRK decided that he didn't want to waste his time cajoling a group of people and decided to simply drop the word 'barber' from his film's title. Says a source from the industry, "This is a smart move because everyone already knows the name of the film and now that group of people don't have any agenda anymore."

'He understood us'

On Saturday evening, Takke met Shah Rukh at Mannat. He says, "We explained to him that barber refers to a caste like 'nai' or 'hajaam'. We are not barbers by caste. Shah Rukh understood our problem."

Shah Rukh says, "When they met me they were very emotional. I didn't know that the word is a caste. I didn't want to hurt their feelings so I removed the word. In the song Billu bhai hajaam hai we will try and beep out the word in the film while showing the film."

mid-day epaper

Zareena

IF-Stunnerz

Zareena

Posted: 08 February 2009 at 9:33pm | IP Logged
The movie Billu Barber is now plain 'Billu'. The change came about following objections to the term 'barber' by The Saloon and Beauty Parlours Association. The movie thus joins a long list of creative works that have come under fire for 'objectionable' words or content. MiD DAY brings you yet another episode of the eternal debate over freedom of expression.

Uday Takke, president of The Salon and Beauty Parlours Association, who represents the 27,000 strong Mumbai-wing of the body was glad Shah Rukh has agreed to remove the offending word from the title. "Barber is a casteist term. Those who think this is an insignificant issue have stunted minds. Only those associated with the profession understand how important the issue is for us," said Takke.

According to Dr Kersi Chavda, vice president, Bombay Psychiatry Society, such protests often reflect the growing intolerance in society. "Increasing stress is making us lose our capacity to look at situations in humorous light. Such indignation can sometimes work positively, but for most, it seems largely connected with achieving five minutes of fame."

apux

IF-Rockerz

apux

Posted: 08 February 2009 at 10:01pm | IP Logged
wow, people crack me up....the protest for all the wrong issues!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top