Article-Ekta and her stolen Idea-Bandini

laali4shekhar thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

Commode plays cupid

Decrease text sizeIncrease text size
February 8th, 2009
  • Email this supplementary
  • Printer friendly version

Ektaji is back on telly, but without any band ya baja. Just as well I think, because not only has she come back with the same bakwaas, this time she has actually arrived with some stolen story ideas. For her Bandini, Ektaji has simply copy-pasted the old-dulha-baby-bahu idea from Balika Badhu and added Mihir to it β€” with a new name, a dhoti and a pointy-pointy moonch. So Bandini is all about a poor, young girl Santok marrying grumpy old diamond merchant Dharampratap Mahiyavanshi (DM), followed by lots of tension, tears and punar-janam. In the episode I watched, many people in fancy dresses had come for Santok and DM's shaadi. While girls in ghagra-cholis and men in dhoti-kurtas were eagerly waiting to eat and dance, at DM's house there was loud-loud talk of bad sitare and good sitare. Suddenly, DM muttered something about age and ego and nakshatra and the wedding was called off.I toh got fully bored and moved to Ektaji's next Kitani Mohabbat Hai β€” this is a story of love, paisa and ladies' toilets. Arjun Punj is a business tycoon with lips that look like fresh-fresh bread-pakoras. He's always shouting, never shaving and very angry that this one girl, Arohi, works in his office. Anyway, Arohi comes to Arjun's office, all wet-wet. When I say wet, I mean fully, totally, drip... drip... type of wet. She walks into his office, dripping all over his carpet. He gets angry and quickly takes out the AC remote and puts thandi-thandi hawa on full blast. Arohi starts shivering. But because she is Ektaji's heroine, she immediately begins to stare at the AC β€” kya pata, Balaji may suddenly grant her supernatural powers to vaporise all air conditioners. Instead, because of the AC's thandi-thandi hawa she feels very joor-se su-su and gets up to go to the ladies'. But she lands up in a men's toilet where many men in suits are in the middle of... you know..., zips down and all. Arohi ko dekh kar they all feel shame-shame, looking very dazed and cross. Anyway, Arohi does her thing and goes back to Arjun's office. The AC's still on full blast, so she again feels su-su and Arohi-Arjun ki su-su ki kahaani keeps moving in and out of rooms, with and without commodes... Bechari Ektaji seems to have run out of story ideas and has got a toilet pot to play cupid which brings her lovers together.
Meanwhile, suspicious couch-aloo Dr Sridevi G. writes from Secunderabad, "I have been wondering why no one has commented on reality shows and their voting system? Why do these shows have judges when all the decisions are taken through SMSes? Producers are hand in glove with mobile network providers and it's all a ploy to generate revenue. Voting and mounting mobile bills can elevate your blood pressure, so stick to saas-bahu serials!"

πŸ˜†
πŸ˜†

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/showbiz/commode-plays-cupid-058

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

soap-critic thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Here they go again.......... the same old, same old.

Dont these journos also copy/paste what others have written instead of trying to educate themselves on the subject or topic they are writing about? Wonder if they actually watch any of the episodes of the serials they are talking about.πŸ˜•
soapie thumbnail

How unique and objective the article is! Really, it seems that the writer aims for a Pulitzer this year for pulling out such wonderous comparison's and giving us such path-breaking news!

Bandini and Balika Badhu comparisons!😑 (I don't have a smiley which shows hair being pulled in desperation, which is actually appropriate to the situation!)

Actually, there are many things that are so similar between them, you know like the fact that both the serials begin with the letter 'B'! Ekta must be ashamed of herself for blatantly copying similar alphabets, when there are clearly 25 more to be copied from!

Oh, btw...the accusation of lifting the story-idea is a rather serious one, friends. Because this writer and some others also are actually accusing Ms. Varsha Adalja of lifting the story of her book from Balika Badhu. Rather funny, because her book was published in 1974 and Balika Badhu came on television in 2008....Hmm, the writer must have had a crystal ball from which she could forsee Balika Badhu and decided to incorporate it into her book! Interesting!

Saracasm put aside, why doesn't even a single of these critics bother to just watch both the shows and then plonk themselves in front of their laptops or remington typewriters, whichever they use!

I have seen Balika Badhu for a long time and even now catch up on the updates and have been watching Bandini with great interest for the last three weeks...so as a viewer, I want to ask the writer of this article, 'Where is the comparison?'πŸ˜•

If these so-called critics have a bone to pick up with Ekta Kapoor and Balaji Telefilms, then no body can help it...they will keep criticizing come what may. But what is so irritating is the incorrectness of...at least get your facts right, folks!

Soapie

PS : Btw, some of the language used in this article is extremely offensive!
Edited by soapie - 15 years ago
Dilwali89 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
As Abhishek said in "GURU" when they're talking about you that means you have achieve a lot.

All the shows & movies are copy of something. Indian media is pushing all the limits.
ronitfan thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Here comes another article of the same type !

Such articles just make me think and assume that such 'critics' pass their judgement based only upon watcihng a single episode .. without even bothering to find out the context in which everything is happening ..

There is NO clue of punar-janam and heavy-duty rona dhona in Bandini..infact both Santo and her sisters have never cried more than needed in ANY scene!
prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
wht sorta article is this !?!? So cheap🀒🀒

Thanks Sukhi....did u like the article ??
.Angel thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!not again!!!!!!!!!!!🀒

mombasa00 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
One more to add to the pile of crap!  My crystal ball tells me to dig a bigger grave as there will be many more such articles to bury! πŸ˜›

diamond merchant Dharampratap Mahiyavanshi (DM), followed by lots of tension, tears and punar-janam. In the episode I watched, many people in fancy dresses had come for Santok and DM's shaadi. While girls in ghagra-cholis and men in dhoti-kurtas were eagerly waiting to eat and dance, at DM's house there was loud-loud talk of bad sitare and good sitare. Suddenly, DM muttered something about age and ego and nakshatra and the wedding was called off.

Dharamraj not Dharampratap.

And what episode did the writer watch?  DMs house has loud talk about sitare (not grahas) and talks about age and ego and calls off the wedding.  HELLO journalist?  Did you actually watch the epi?  The wedding did take place without any age and ego discussion at DMs house.

Bakwas without watching the epi is not worth a penny or anyone's time.

Edited by mombasa00 - 15 years ago
soap-critic thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Haan Mombs. And what is this about girls in ghaghra chois and men in dhoti kurtas were waiting to eat and dance? And punar janam? Is this person sure he/she is talking about Bandin?

Their crap just gets crappier and crappier each passing day.
mombasa00 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hema, how do you tell ppl are waiting to eat and dance?  Unless someone says it outright.  I heard no such thing.

Also what was hilarious is DM supposedly talked about age and ego and called off the wedding.  How do you talk about an ego? πŸ˜† 

Soapie, kahan ho aap? What could he have said?
DM: Kahan mera bada ego aur kahan woh chokri?  Uske paas toh ego hi nahin hai. mein uske saath shaadi nahin kar sakta.  Yeh shaadi nahin hogi. 😲

What's punar janam? Reincarnation?  If yes, definitely wrong show.  Jurno was prolly watching another 'B' show - Banoo mein teri Dulhann.
Edited by mombasa00 - 15 years ago