Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shellytt thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
This content was originally posted by: godisone

Well said.πŸ‘
If a story has a wonderful plot but is written badly, it doesn't appeal to lots of people, myself included. Now, if a story is well written but has an average plot, I'll give it its credit and may even continue with the series, because I give a lot of importance to the English Language.

I only read Twilight, but didn't continue with the rest of the series, because it bored the heck out of me. But if it was well written and the plot was thought out more, I would have gone on. S Meyer's writing bugged me a lot, so I didn't continue.

I completely agree. The writing itself is really what turned me off on this book. To me it apeared that she was "trying" to be a writer, and the result was a very amateurish attempt. Honestly to me the most interesting parts of the story had nothing to do with Edward or Bella. I would have loved to read an entire(well written novel) on Carlisle's story. But I guess that the Vampire Cronicles by Anne Rice already does a very comprehensive story of a Vampire's journey.

To me, (and this is just my opinion) , the rest of the series is not a must read. The references made to the Harry Potter series I find surprising too. I consider myself to be a very open reader, and even then it took alot of convincing to get me to read Harry Potter, but after I started it drew me it (magicallyπŸ˜†). Twilight lacked that appeal to draw me in, maybe too it is it's lack of orginiality, as the Edward\Bella angle is very similar to Buffy\Angel from the tv series Buffy hthe Vampire Slayer.

And I agree totally that her writing bugged me, it was getting frustrating to read at points, especially since I thought that a book that has gotten thismuch fame, should have atleast been grammatically correct!
Edited by shellytt - 15 years ago
spunkpattinson thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
i dnt get it!!
never even heard about stephen king!!
they just want to  be famous by being controversial!!
the world is definetely nt stoopid that they are reading twilight series and loving it!! are they????????????
just becox twilight is nt full of soooo called "difficult vocab"
dusnt means its badly written!!!
its full of soooo great idea and new approach to romance!!!
sorry bt thats my POV!!
i understand that it is nt written in proper english!! especially BD for m!!
bt styl i guess........... i just loved it!!πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜›πŸ˜›

Edited by sarareimoo1 - 15 years ago
laddoo598 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
This content was originally posted by: sarareimoo1

i dnt get it!!

never even heard about stephen king!!
they just want to  be famous by being controversial!!
the world is definetely nt stoopid that they are reading twilight series and loving it!! are they????????????
just becox twilight is nt full of soooo called "difficult vocab"
dusnt means its badly written!!!
its full of soooo great idea and new approach to romance!!!
sorry bt thats my POV!!
i understand that it is nt written in proper english!! especially BD for m!!
bt styl i guess........... i just loved it!!πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜›πŸ˜›

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Someone who has sold 350 million copies of his books (8 times more than the twilight saga which sold 40 million) is trying to be famous by being controversial about meyer? Nice joke..πŸ˜›
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
This content was originally posted by: laddoo598

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Someone who has sold 350 million copies of his books (8 times more than the twilight saga which sold 40 million) is trying to be famous by being controversial about meyer? Nice joke..πŸ˜›

Well said!πŸ‘πŸ˜†πŸ‘ Wow, I've never met someone who did not know of Stephen King. One of my best friends loves his books.
But then again.............I've never heard of Twilight or Stephenie Meyers until a year ago, when they hype over the movie started. And I know lots of people who still don't know her. My parents for one have no clue who she or her series are, while they know JK Rowling and Harry Potter more than ever.πŸ˜‰
^ LOL Ladoo598 and Lalitha, you two rock πŸ˜†. Its amazing to see such positive critisicm regarding a book on its very forum!!!
pink_pari89 thumbnail
true!!..I wander how President Obama gonna read those book to his 10 and 7 years old daughters....
Barishkiduaa thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
what?!
thas not true!
She is a great writer!!
thats realyy mean, πŸ˜•

shellytt thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: pink_pari89

true!!..I wander how President Obama gonna read those book to his 10 and 7 years old daughters....

I think they might be a bit young for the content of Twilight. They'll probably wait until they're a bit older to let them read it themselves. I heard he readHarry Potter to them!
imsocool thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
twilight is a kool buk i guess
nt that bad!! its a gud buk!!
Edited by rabia14 - 15 years ago