Dance India Dance L'il Masters (DID L'il Masters)

Who are these Judges

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

reshmi.arun

Groupbie

reshmi.arun

Posted: 06 February 2009 at 1:23am | IP Logged
Can someone throw some light on these judges. I mean their contribution to Dance as a profession.
Bcse, I never heard abt them before...

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Who are these Judges" in Dance India Dance L'il Masters (DID L'il Masters) forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-iPayal-

IF-Sizzlerz

-iPayal-

Posted: 06 February 2009 at 10:09am | IP Logged
well the dark guy (srry dont know his name) did would you e my bad boy...
thats all i know..
honestly i ve never heard of them either...but im glad that their fair and know abt dancing!

Pradarshak

Goldie

Pradarshak

Posted: 06 February 2009 at 10:56am | IP Logged
I think only Remo d'Souza has some notable credentials, rest just got lucky enough to get their names attached to Bollywood, esp. the female judge(what was so special about Rosa?? what was the drama all about?)

Remo's depiction of "Chhou" dance was inspiring.

Program Notes

Renowned Bollywood choreographer Remo crosses India to Bengal to recount this colorful, melodramatic, and moving story of the redemptive power and magic of dance. The lame-mute Felai (his name means "unwanted" in Bengali) is rescued from his stormy, motherless home by Manohar, the local dance teacher, who was once in love with Felai's mother. Manohar is embittered about the increasing irrelevance in the modern world of the vibrant tribal dance form known as Chhou, of which he is one of the few surviving masters. He takes the boy to a nearby village, where he is persuaded to begin a new Chhou dance troupe. It isn't long before he and Felai find themselves living amidst the exciting colors and rhythms of the extraordinary dances, which use masks, headdresses, and fanciful costumes to enact ancient tales of the Hindu deities. Felai, captivated by Chhou, begins on his own to try to emulate the dancers, but it's hard to imagine he could ever even begin to approach their athleticism as they twirl, leap, and flip over backwards. Director Remo (aka Remo d'Souza) decided to depict this unique dance form in part because it has never before been portrayed on the big screen. Astonishingly, he filmed this gorgeous widescreen spectacle in only 19 days, and one may well believe that with this remarkably accomplished debut film, he will have succeeded in preserving Chhou dance-once thought to be near extinction after having been performed for centuries in West Bengal, Bihar, and Orissa-and sharing it with audiences around the world.

--Peter Scarlet

OodlesDoodles

IF-Veteran Member

OodlesDoodles

Posted: 06 February 2009 at 11:56am | IP Logged
Terrence is the only one i had heard of before because he was a part of laagan..his website has more details on his works http://terencelewis.com/

kristie12

Goldie

kristie12

Posted: 06 February 2009 at 12:05pm | IP Logged
remo did choreography for 'milo na milo' from Lovestory 2050 and some song in Singh is Kingh...

ramas

IF-Veteran Member

ramas

I-F Creative Head

Posted: 06 February 2009 at 3:16pm | IP Logged
I know all 3 of them are renowned choreographers and worked in many movies. as choreographers.

Edited by ramas - 06 February 2009 at 3:16pm

Aamir's Fan

Goldie

Aamir's Fan

Posted: 06 February 2009 at 4:08pm | IP Logged
I had not heard of any of the three judges before this show but I am really liking Terrence so far. He is fair.

mehak.S

IF-Sizzlerz

mehak.S

Posted: 06 February 2009 at 5:05pm | IP Logged
me neither bt i really lke terrence

Post Reply New Post

Go to top