Members Lounge

Chinese Eat Human Baby Soup

Posted: 15 years ago
Ok.. I just read this article and i am totally disgusted..not sure how accurate it is though or if its an urban lagend..tried checking couldnt find anything further..🤔.. Anyways I cant imagine anything would in the world.. anyways the article is as follows.. *Please only continue reading it if you have the heart for it.  The link shows some graphic images.

My questions:  Arent there any type international laws in effect preventing stuff like this from happening..?  Is their logic behind eating these fetuses justified..?

Chinese Eat Baby Soup *

Some of the Chinese people are known to be eating babies and the news circulated through the internet or via Email communication is shocking the world.

An Email report received by The Seoul Times confirmed that news with several vivid and appalling pictures of human embryos fetuses being made into a soup for human consumption.

The report went on. A town in the southern province of Canton (Guangdong) is now on trend taking baby herbal soup to increase overall health and stamina and the power of sexual performance in particular.

The cost in China currency approximately $ 4000 (it is about Rs2000).

A factory manager was interviewed and he testified that it is effective because he is a frequent customer.

It is a delicacy whereby expensive herbs are added to boil the baby with chicken meat for eight hours of boiling and steaming.

He pointed to his second wife next to him. She is 19 years old. The 62-year-old man testified that they have sex everyday.

After waiting for a couple of weeks he took this reporter to the restaurant when he was informed by restaurant manager that the spare rib soup (local code for baby soup) was now available.

A human baby is dumped into the water for boiling in China.

This time it was a couple who have two daughters and this third one was confirmed to be a daughter again. So the couple aborted the baby which was five months old.

Those baby who is close to be born and die naturally costs 2000 in China currency. Those aborted ones cost a few hundreds in China currency.

Those couples who did not want to sell dead babies, placentas can be accepted also for couple of hundreds.

One local reporter was quoted as saying that this is the problem arising from Chinese taking too much attention in health or is the backfire effect when China introduced one child in a family policy.

This heinous crimes rise from the fact that majority of Chinese people prefer to have male babies and the poor families end up selling their female babies.

Dead babied can be purchased in Taiwan for 70 US dollars for being used as grilled delicacies.

http://theseoultimes.com/ST/?url=/ST/db2/read_letters.php?idx=7333&PHPSESSID=7d2599e8bae5cdbde7d0498dc52aa808

The following is the text of an article which originally appeared in the Hong Kong Eastern Express on April 12, 1995. For more information, contact Bruce Gilley at The Eastern Express in Hong Kong, telephone 011-852-27071111, or fax 011-852-27071122.
No one could accuse The Chinese of being squeamish about the things they eat - monkeys' brains, owls' eyes, bears' paws and deep fried scorpions are all items on The menu. But most dishes revered as national favorites sound as harmless as boiled rice when compared to the latest pint de jour allegedly gaining favor in Shenzhen - human fetus.

Rumors that dead embryos were being used as dietary supplements started to spread early last year with reports that some doctors in Shenzhen hospitals were eating dead fetuses after carrying out abortions. The doctors allegedly defended their actions by saying the embryos were good for their skin and general health.

A trend was set and soon reports circulated that doctors in the city were promoting fetuses as a human tonic. Hospital cleaning women were seen fighting each other to take the treasured human remains home. Last month, reporters from EastWeek - a sister publication of Eastern Express - went to Shenzhen to see if the rumors could be substantiated. On March 7, a reporter entered the state-run Shenzhen Heath Center for Women and Children feigning illness and asked a female doctor for a fetus. The doctor said the department was out of stock but to come again.

The next day the reporter returned at lunch time. The doctor eventually emerged from the operating theatre holding a fist size glass bottle stuffed with thumbsized fetuses.

She said: "There are 10 fetuses here, all aborted this morning. You can take them. We are a state hospital and don't charge anything.

"Normally, we doctors take them home to eat - all free. Since you don't look well, you can take them."

Not every state hospital is as generous with its dead embryos as the Health Center for Women and Children. At the Shenzhen People's Hospital, for example, the reporter was in for a surprise.

When a Ms. Yang, the head nurse, was asked for fetuses, she looked anxious and asked other staff to leave. After closing the door, she asked the undercover buyer in a low voice: "Where did you (get to) know that we sell fetuses?"

The reporter answered: "A doctor friend in Hong Kong told me."

"Who? What is his/her name?"
The reporter was not prepared for this line of questioning and could not come up with a name. Yang told him that fetuses were only for sale within the hospital, and were not for public purchase. She added that some staff would, however, sell the fetuses on to Hong Kong buyers.

The reporter learned that the going rate for a fetus was $10 but when the merchandise was in short supply, the price could go up to $20. But these prices are pin money compared to those set by private clinics, which are said to make a fortune selling fetuses. One chap on Bong Men Lao Street charges $300 for one fetus. The person in charge of the clinic is a man in his 60's. When he saw the ailing reporter, he offered to take an order for fetuses that had reached full-term and which, it is claimed, contain the best healing properties. When a female doctor named Yang - no relation - of Sin Hua clinic was asked whether fetuses were edible, she said emphatically: "Of course they are. They are even better than placentas.

"They can make your skin smoother, your body stronger and are good for kidneys. When I was in an army hospital in Jiangti province, I often brought fetuses home. They were pink, like little mice, with hands and feet. Normally, I buy some pork to make soup (with the fetuses added). I know they are human beings, and (eating them) feels disgusting. But at that time, it was already very popular."

A Mr. Cheng from Hong Kong claims he has been eating fetus soup for more than six months. To begin, the man, in his 40's, would make the trip to Shenzhen frequently for business and was introduced to fetuses by friends. He says he met a number of professors and doctors in government hospitals who helped him buy the fetuses. "At first, I felt uncomfortable, but doctors said the substances in fetuses could help cure my asthma. I started taking them and gradually, the asthma disappeared," Cheng said.

Now, Cheng only eats fetuses occasionally to top up his treatment, but there was a time when he made regular cross border trips with the gruesome merchandise. "Everytime [I made the trip], I carried a Thermos flask to Shenzhen and brought the fetuses back to Hong Kong to make soup. If they gave me 20 or 30 at a time, I put them in the refrigerator. I didn't have the soup every day - it depended on the supply.

"Usually, I washed the fetuses clean, and added ginger, orange peel and pork to make soup. After taking it for a while, I felt a lot better and my asthma disappeared. I used to take placenta, but it was not so helpful." When asked if he was concerned about the fetuses containing diseases, Cheng was dismissive. "I bought them from government hospitals. They would check the pregnant women before doing the operations and only sell them to me if there was no problem. Also, I always boil them over high heat which kills any bacteria." Although Cheng has overcome any squeamishness over eating fetus soup, he says he draw the line at consuming whole dead embryos. He also refrains from telling people of his grisly dietary habits.

Zou Qin, 32, a woman from Hubei with the fine skin of a someone several years younger, attributes her well preserved looks to a diet of fetuses. As a doctor at the Lun Hu Clinic, Zou has carried out abortions on several hundred patients. She believes fetuses are highly nutritious and claims to have eaten more than 100 in the past six months. She pulls out a fetus specimen before a reporter and explains the selection criteria. "People normally prefer (fetuses of) young women, and even better, the first baby and a male." She adds: "They are wasted if we don't eat them. The women who receive abortions here don't want the fetuses. Also, the fetuses are already dead [when we eat them]. We don't carry out abortions just to eat the fetuses.

"Before, my sister's children were very weak. I heard that fetuses were good for your health and started taking some to my nephews," Zou says, without remorse. "I wash them with clear water until they look transparent white and then stew them. Making soup is best." But she admits there are drawbacks to this dubious delicacy. "Fetuses are very smelly and not everybody can take the stink," she said. "You can also make meat cakes by mixing fetuses with minced meat but you have to add more ginger and chives to get rid of the smell."

Hong Kong legislator Dr. Tan Siu-tong is surprised that it could be within anyone's capability to overcome the stench of a dead fetus, even if their stomachs are lined with lead. "When all the placental tissue is dead, the smell is awful and is enough to make you feel sick. It is like having a dead mouse in the house," he said.

The fetuses allegedly eaten by the Chinese are all provided by China's extensive abortion services. Last year, doctors in the People's Hospital - the biggest hospital in Shenzhen - carried out more than 7,000 terminations, 509 on Hong Kong women. The Hong Kong Family Planning Association (FPA) estimates that 24 per cent of all abortions on Hong Kong women are performed in the dubious surroundings of a Chinese hospital. A Ms. Li from Hong Kong has had two abortions in Shenzhen but has never heard of people eating fetuses. "But I didn't want the babies, so after the abortions, I just left them with the hospital," she says. "I didn't want to look at them, and I certainly didn't want to keep them. Fetuses of two or three months are just water and blood when they come out. They are so small, how can you eat them?"

Doctors in the territory have responded with disgust and incredulity to stories of people supplementing their diets with fetuses. Many have read articles of fetal cannibalism but none has been able to verify the reports. They are treating the issue with skepticism. Dr. Margaret Kwan, a gynecologist who until two weeks ago held the post of chief executive at the FPA, says: "This is the strangest thing I have ever heard coming out of China. I just hope it is not true."

Dr. Warren Lee, president of the Hong Kong Nutrition Association, is aware of the unsavory rumors. "Eating fetuses is a kind of traditional Chinese medicine and is deeply founded in Chinese folklore. In terms of nutrition, a fetus would be a good source of protein and fats, and there are minerals in bone. But I don't know if eating fetuses is just folklore or more than that," he says. According to Lee, it is conceivable that fetuses are rich in certain hormones that are beneficial to the adult human body, but should this be the case, the fetal matter would have to be converted into an indictable form for best results, as most hormones including the hormone for diabetes, insulin - are broken down in the digestive system before they have a chance to be absorbed by the body.

But Lee suggests that anyone who eats a fetus would be seeking a remedy that is far more elusive than a hormone or mineral. "Some people may think there is also an unidentified substance or chemical that has healing powers, but there is no evidence that this is true." Lee urges people to be wary - "There are people out there who just want to make money and they will come up with all sorts of formulas or substances, which, they say will cure diseases."

As a child, Patrick Yau was fed on human placentas by his mother who worked at a local hospital, but in his current position as a psychologist with the Social Welfare Department he is both repulsed and shocked by the notion of eating fetuses. "As a Catholic, I object to abortions because I believe the fetus is a human life, and I certainly object to eating a dead baby after it has been aborted," he says. Yau concedes that in China, where the one child policy has turned abortions into an acceptable remedy to an unfortunate human blunder, people may have adopted a new outlook on life before birth, such that embryos are stripped of their status as human beings.

But Tang fails to understand how anyone anywhere can convince themselves "that they are just eating an organism when they are actually eating a dead body". "It may not be a formed human being, but when they think about it most people would think: 'Ugh! No, I can't eat that.' I don't think civilized people with an education could do that sort of thing."

Dr. Wong, a Hong Kong doctor who practices Western medicine, thinks only the ignorant would eat human fetuses. He explains that fetuses contain mucoploysaccharide, which is beneficial to the metabolism, but states that it can be found in a lot of other food - Chinese doctor Chu Ho-Ting agrees that there is no place for fetuses in medicine, and suggests that it might even be unhealthy if the pregnant woman was infected by disease.

"Most bacteria can be killed under 100 degree heat but some require 400 degrees. Some people believe eating fetuses can strengthen the immunity of the human body against diseases, but this is wrong. Although fetuses contain protein, they are not as nutritious as placenta, which contains different kinds of nutrients. But even placenta has to be taken with other Chinese herbs."

http://www.abortiontv.com/Glitch/AbortedBabiesSoldAsHealthFood.htm
Edited by Meena1 - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mimi0295 thumbnail
omg.. no way!
Ouch, thats like a stab in the heart. Those poor poor babies! HOW CAN SOMEONE DO THAT? My god, I dont know if this is true or not, but if it is: Shame on those dispicable people for even thinking to do such a thing!
I dont know what to say.. I am appauled. Disgusting.

Thanks for sharing... I wish there was something I could do to stop that! Yuck.. stupid cannables. :'(
Well our world has been like this for a while now,

the good news is that through the internet and modern technology the worlds door steps are actually alot closer. So many NGO's and human rights groups can use this stuff to investigate countries.

Also if any country wants to join any major Intl panels or committies, they would have to report on human rights, government liability and intellectual property rights (just to name a few)...i.e. to join some free trade treaties you have to have a some-what clean-ish record...

snowflake0555 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
OMG that is just plain sick...I cant believe someone could do such a thing... I mean come on...a baby...a human life? Wow how low can you get?...
Huduga thumbnail
-explanation deleted-

as neither Meena added that in her first post, or commented later
and later (below) nor cutie  read the explanation.
i think it was useless to post then.

in short:
search the net, this info is wrong.
Edited by Huduga - 15 years ago
iiHEARTyu-x0 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
🤢 I so wish i hadnt read this!!!!!!!!!!
ugghhhhhhhh
poor babies :'(
i hope this isnt true
indianfriend thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Yes, this is only way we can bit Chinese:  compile story to insult Chinese.  let's see the main production of 2008

China(percentage of the world)        India
Steel    502megaton(37.75)                    55.1megaton(4.41)
cement   1450megaton                          175megaton
grist    528megaton                           230megaton
meat     72.7megaton                            ????
coal     2793megaton                          493megaton
oil      190megaton                           33.5megaton
auto     9.35million                          <2million
computer 136.7million                           ????
mobile    559.6million                        <100million
TV        90.3million                         <20million
building  400 million M2(in city), half of the world   ???                 
electric power  34.7                          6
expressWay   75000 km                           <500 km

Do not go to China, It will crash your mind. we live in different worlds:
China  --> developed and developing
India -->  poor and ....

But no problem, we can make the story like this to make us happy.
innocentdevil. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
That's sick & Disgusting.

I wish I could change this. Stop it from happening. To those people who are like this. Really, Shame on you. Sadly, I don't think we can change this or stop this from happening. But let's face it. it will keep happening.

Really How Can Anyone Do That? Don't they have a heart? Why doesn't anyone stop them? I really wished I hadn't read this. I wish I didn't have to know we live in a place that people actually do this.

I really hope to god that it isn't true.
an0nymous thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
truth or not, that's really sickening and unacceptable.
just reading through the articles made me feel so disgusted, it's a shame people actually do this.
they were meant to be babies after all :(
richa94 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
that is so disgusting and unbelievable!!! how can they do that??? and the pictures are all the more disgustingEdited by richa94 - 14 years ago