Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

akhl

IF-Rockerz

akhl

Posted: 04 February 2009 at 12:36pm | IP Logged

Jai Siya Ram

Sorry for any mistakes. Today my eyes are burning and watering. I have written the update while barely able to read my texts on screen. So there may be spelling or other kinds of mistakes. Sorry for those. I am going to sleep now.

"Even from poison extract nectar; wash and take back gold if it has fallen in filth; receive the highest knowledge even from a low born person; accept a girl possessing virtuous qualities even if is were born in a disreputable family."  - Chanakya

Some part of the end of the previous episode was repeated.
Ram shoots 31 arrows at Ravan. Ravan falls down. Trijata informs Sita that Ravan has been defeated. Sita is thrilled.
The above was repeated.

Vanar sena chants jai of Sri Ram. Matali brings the chariot to the ground. Ram gets off the chariot. Laxman touches his feet. Ram embraches Laxman.

Sugriv - The moment for which we were waiting has finally arrived. The three worlds are singing your victory.
Ram - King Sugriv, this victory is not of Ram alone. All of you have contributed to it.
Hanuman - Lord, this is your greatness that you praise your servants and win their hearts.
Jambvant - Nobody else could defeat him. You defeated him. My obeisances to you.
Ram - Laxman, do not ignore Ravan's greatness and his knowledge. Ravan knows right and wrong very well. His defeat is only because of his ego. Otherwise, no power of the world could defeat Ravan. Still if you doubt Ravan's expertise go yourself and hear knowledgeable words from Ravan. Go Laxman.

Laxman stands near Ravan's head.
Laxman - My brother has sent me to learn the tactics of war and of politics from you.
Ravan - Go and first learn how to behave with a guru.

Laxman goes back to Ram.
Laxman - Brother, he is very egoistic. I went to learn from him. But his did not impart me any knowledge.
Ram - Where were you standing?
Laxman - Near his face.
Ram - If you want to learn from guru, then always stand near his feet. Go Laxman. Ravan will definitely teach you.

Laxman goes near Ravan's feet and bows to him.
Laxman - Pranam, king Ravan. I have come to gain knowledge from you.
Ravan - Laxman, you have come to learn from me. Therefore I am your guru. While talking to guru, humility is a must. You must know it. Laxman, whenever you decide to do something, then complete it fast. I had taken vow that I would extract whole of nectar from moon and make demons drink it. I will put up a staircase from Lanka to heaven. Whenever demons want, they can go to heaven and come back. But fate did not want this and my vow remained unfulfilled. Laxman, never consider your enemy as smaller than you. Even smallest wounds can become incurable. Even smallest enemy can havoc destruction. The first policy of war is that never let your enemy know your secrets. Even if one's own brother reveals the secret, then do not forgive him. The techniques of war should be modified based on time and circumstances. From time to time, analyse the techniques. War is destructive. One only loses in a war, gains nothing. The person who considers himself bigger than the world meets the fate of mine. Laxman, one must do what is good for one's kingdom. Even learned people deviate from the path of truth when influenced by ego. Ego signifies darkness. It takes man to destruction.

A light from sky enters Ravan. Then Ravan's soul in the form of a flame goes up. Ravan takes Ram's name and dies. Laxman bows to Ravan and returns to Ram.

Vibhishan comes near Ravan's body.

Vibhishan - Brother, your stubbornness took away very great king of the people of Lanka. Lanka has become an orphan. If you had agreed to me, then I would not have to see this day. I hurt you a lot. I could not be with you in this war. (With folded hands)Please forgive me.

Vibhishan weeps. Ram sends Laxman to Vibhishan.
Laxman - King Vibhishan.
Vibhishan - Today whole of Lanka is destroyed. Only I, a traitor am left. Show mercy on me. By your arrows, finish off this blemished life of mine.
Laxman - King Vibhishan, I understand your pain. But have courage. It is only you who can keep alive the name of Pulastya family. (Pulastya was Ravan's paternal grandfather and a mind-born son of Brahma.)
Ram - Friend, you yourself are highly knowledgeable. You know that Ravan followed the path charted for demons in war. Ravan kept the honour of demons. The warrior, who indulges in a war for the sake of achieving a target meets the death of a brave one. Therefore, this death is an honour for Ravan.

Women of Lanka come near Ravan's body. Mandodari and Dhanyamalini burst into cries.
Mandodari - My lord, wake up. Look at me. Nobody could defeat you. Then why are you lifeless on the ground? I told you a lot not to battle with Ram, that he is not any ordinary man. But you did not listen to me. You knew everything but did not get rid off your ego. You kidnapped a woman-devoted to her husband. That became the cause of your death. But I was your life partner, your dear and principal queen. Why did you leave me alone? Take me with you.

Ram (to Vibhishan) - Friend, console the women of your family and prepare for Ravan's final rites.

Precap - Ram sends Hanuman to Ashok vatika to tell the whole news to Sita and to get message from her.

A very gripping episode. Fantastic acting by everyone - specially Ravan's wife. Vinod Kapur displayed emotions really well. Thumbs Up

Edited to correct an error.

PLEASE DO NOT COPY UPDATES TO OTHER SITES, THIS UPDATE IS MEANT EXCLUSIVELY FOR INDIA FORUMS MEMBERS

Edited by akhl - 05 February 2009 at 11:31am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

ananyacool_rajnish_Yamu21..RamKiJanaki..

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "4 Feb-written,video-Ravan teaches Laxman and dies" in Ramayan forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Shruti11

IF-Sizzlerz

Shruti11

Posted: 04 February 2009 at 12:46pm | IP Logged
thx avinash for the gr8 update i loved today epi ram was gr8 and ravan as a teacher was fab he teaches right things to lakshman

Mallika113

IF-Sizzlerz

Mallika113

Posted: 04 February 2009 at 12:51pm | IP Logged
Thanks Avinash for a heartfelt and wonderful update!  Agree with you this was a  totally emotional episode from all sides!  One correction, in your first line, you have typed "Ram fell down."  Please edit and put  "Ravan fell down"!  But we all know what you mean that your eyes were full of tears, and that you couldn't think clearly. That has happened to me so many times with Ramayan.  These actors have brought out the true essence of all the characters that makes us get emotional!  That shows great dedication and talent on their part!   It shows humanness on our part!   Your translation is excellent and I really appreciate your efforts.

Ravan's speech to Lakshman was just awesome.  Wow,   Aki was so good in this scene as was Ankit!  Avinash, love you for giving us such clear translation.  As I don't understand Hindi fully, I understood bits and pieces and the general message, but your translation has given me full meaning.   Thank you so much, love you for that!  See, now, I am getting emotional.  Good job, Avinash!ClapClapClap

Vibhishna

Goldie

Vibhishna

Posted: 04 February 2009 at 12:52pm | IP Logged
Thank you for the wonderful update Avinash.

Yes, Vinod ji's expressions and acting was too good. Everyone did a very good job for this episode.

desichica

IF-Dazzler

desichica

Posted: 04 February 2009 at 12:56pm | IP Logged
oh thanx so much for the update avinash...have been waiting all day for the update...now i'm not sure if u forgot to mention this or not, but wut i did like bout the Old Ramayan vs. our new Ramayan is that when Shree Ram ends Ravan's life, the first thing Ravan says out of his mouth is Shree Ram.... this was to signify that Ravan came to terms that Ram was indeed the reincarnation of Lord Vishnu, which his ego always denied him to accept...even when KKuncle, and IJ told him that Ram is no ordinary man and neither is his brother Laxman, they are men of Divine re-incarnations!!!!! I remember Ravan saying to his brother KK that dont refer to Ram as Shree as no1 is greater then Ravan himself...yet at the end of the day, Ravan came to say that himself at the moment of his death!!!! so my question is that did they show that in this Ramayan...i'm not really watching videos just reading updates and referring from there...so idk if u missed that as part of ur update or it wasnt shown in the epi today!!!!! Ne1 can answer this question!!!  Wonderful update Avinash...!!!!! Keep up the good work!!

ananyacool

Goldie

ananyacool

Posted: 04 February 2009 at 1:00pm | IP Logged
Ravan's knowledge to Lakshman was very profound; thanks, appreciate your efforts.
Wonderful epi today and so is ur update.

bharat9

IF-Dazzler

bharat9

Posted: 04 February 2009 at 3:24pm | IP Logged
Great epi. and great update too.
thnx.

ps: y r ur eyes hurting n watering? is it coz of this emotional episode or just coz u had a hectic day so u were tired?!!!!!!

chatterbox

IF-Sizzlerz

chatterbox

Posted: 04 February 2009 at 8:29pm | IP Logged
thank u avinash

i didnt cry when ravan falls finally but i cried yday

the man who made us laugh with his hehehahah is gone now

very emotional episode

suniti ravan didnt say shri ram he only said ram and acknowledges him as supreme being

but i hv one  question or mayb my wish i dont know

does ravan at any time before his death here sees divine form of vishnu in ram
ram didnt come near him or ravan soul didnt go to ram it went up to vishnulok isnt it

akhilndra gurmeet vinodkapoor ankit all did fantabolous job

i cudnt get thru sri yday wud try again today in few hrs

Post Reply New Post

Go to top