Amitabh Bachchan shines at Davos

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

Salmanayesha

IF-Sizzlerz

Salmanayesha

Posted: 03 February 2009 at 7:57pm | IP Logged
Amitabh Bachchan shines at Davos

Superstar Amitabh Bachchan was honoured in Davos with the Crystal Award by the World Economic Forum for his contribution to the world of arts and cinema.

"I have no idea there is so much visibility to Indian cinema in other parts of the world. Just so amazing ... This recognition, this attention, this awareness to our world and our craft. So overwhelming," said Bachchan.

The actor who is now in London says he was happy with the honour but displayed his usual humble demeanour.

"I am very honoured that the Davos Economic Forum has decided to honour me with their Crystal Award. I really don't know how credible that is as far as I am concerned because I just look at myself as any other. If I have been able to contribute in any manner to the community of entertainment in my country then I feel very honoured. And very humbly accept this award that they have given me," says the superstar.

Soon after the ceremony, Bachchan skipped the after parties and headed for his room. He is expected in New York today to attend Aishwarya's Pink Panther 2 premiere in the city. But with snowstorms hitting the UK and US, the actor says he doesn't really know where he will be.

Danseuse Mallika Sarabhai was honoured along with Bachchan. Chinese martial arts movie star Jet Li and famous musician Jos Antonio Abreu was also honoured.

Link http://www.starboxoffice.com/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/February/News_20090203_10

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Amitabh Bachchan shines at Davos" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Cheetara

Goldie

Cheetara

Posted: 04 February 2009 at 6:21am | IP Logged
Big B is still the best actor in Indian cinema!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top