Page 4 Page 7

AsliiGuy

IF-Dazzler

AsliiGuy

Posted: 04 February 2009 at 11:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gauri_3

I think Mahatma Gandhi's quotye summarizes Indian Culture aptly:

~ Mahatma Gandhi

Indian culture is the end product of the cultures of all the rulers and/or invaders that left their mark on India but it still retained it's uniqueness.  This is precisely what makes our country so preciousSmile

Bueatiful quote Gauri!
I agree, plus the Indian culture dates back to the dawn of time..I was reading some places, they carbon dated old artifacts to surpass the earliest accounts of human life...Embarrassed

Jai Hind!

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "What is Indian culture ? (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 04 February 2009 at 11:55am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

karandel_2008

IF-Rockerz

karandel_2008

Posted: 04 February 2009 at 11:58am | IP Logged

~ Mahatma Gandhi

Indian culture is the end product of the cultures of all the rulers and/or invaders that left their mark on India but it still retained it's uniqueness.  This is precisely what makes our country so preciousSmile

I somehow feel that invaders have left some very big blots on Indian culture. Our culture might be unique, but it is sometimes uniquely bad and sometimes uniquely good. We should be worried about the bad part as much as we are proud of the good part.

But to not to worry and leave things "Ram bharose" is sadly the Indian culture too Big smile

Edited by karandel_2008 - 04 February 2009 at 11:59am

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 04 February 2009 at 12:05pm | IP Logged

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 04 February 2009 at 5:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by karandel_2008

~ Mahatma Gandhi

I somehow feel that invaders have left some very big blots on Indian culture. Our culture might be unique, but it is sometimes uniquely bad and sometimes uniquely good. We should be worried about the bad part as much as we are proud of the good part.

But to not to worry and leave things "Ram bharose" is sadly the Indian culture too Big smile

In Goa we call it 'Sushegaat'. LOL It fascinates me how much Latin influence is there in Goa on account of the Portuguese. Coming to the uniquely good and bad, I think the struggle India and almost any culture faces is that it is difficult for so many people to agree on whats good and bad and what ought to be done.

Btw - Excellent quote Gauri, Thanks!

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 04 February 2009 at 7:04pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

I think the struggle India and almost any culture faces is that it is difficult for so many people to agree on whats good and bad and what ought to be done.

Indeed !!
But i guess more importantly ,
noone thinks a lot before adapting things of other culture !!

What i mean to say is ,
if we have a debate on everything we want to adopt of foreign culture before adopting it,
i guess we'd be more enlightened,
but ofcourse its not possible !!

Btw , another quote of Gandhi ji ->
""No culture can live, if it attempts to be exclusive.""

and Nehru ji ->
"
"Culture is the widening of the mind and of the spirit.""

Its quite clear that our predecessors were quite open to other cultures

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 04 February 2009 at 8:43pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Golden iron

pick up all the best culture practice from all over the world and just put Indian before it Wink
Loha bhai...jabardast... 

question still remains what are those practice or practices that make Indian culture? OK! let me start

1. Believing that there is supreme power above us, that is constantly guiding/watching/helping/ready to punish(if need be). Termed as God / almighty..mentioned supreme power as some might be not nece'ly beleive in GodWink.
2. Respecting elders, no matter what.
3. Bringing or thinking more on humatrian lines while performing normal day to day deeds.
4. Trusting good  human being beyond par.

more to follow...lets agree or contradict these four first... feel free to add more...just trying to jump start this one..

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 04 February 2009 at 9:30pm | IP Logged

Post Reply New Post

Go to top