Page 2 of 7

Page 1
Page   of 7
Page 3 Page 7

AsliiGuy

IF-Dazzler

AsliiGuy

Posted: 02 February 2009 at 10:56am | IP Logged
I dont think you can really say what it is..India is extremely diverse...

Also what i dont like, at huge corp meetings when the India part or discussion comes up, the first picture they show is the Taj Mahal...

Im like, "Hey, India is more than the Taj Mahal!!!"...

Show pictures of the hill stations, or beautiful villages, or even the other sites of Delhi..

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "What is Indian culture ? (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

ThE_kHan07

IF-Rockerz

ThE_kHan07

Posted: 02 February 2009 at 1:42pm | IP Logged
lol what is Indian culture?

its a culture practiced in India LOL and practiced by Indians outside India Big smile

Edited by ThE_kHan07 - 02 February 2009 at 1:43pm

realitybites

realitybites

Posted: 03 February 2009 at 11:21am | IP Logged

India has rich cultural diversity and is home to some of the ancient civilisations. The various influences over time has given it uniqueness which no other country can boast off. Sadly now its turned ugly by vote bank politics, caste politics and issuing doctrines to curb women's rights and freedom. Today there is hooliganism and subvert actions by self professed custodians of culture.

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 03 February 2009 at 4:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Simple. You let an intelligent and authoritative person like me tell you what culture is and you follow it. I promise I wont beat, I'll just get the cuffs.LOL

Jokes apart that is a very complex question my friend. You cannot define it, its like a hybrid of mixed cheese fonude , a khichdi, a tossed salad and bhaji pav. 

see mispelling fondue and bhaji pav is not our culture.. so she should follow me... its Pav-Bhaji and Vada Pav and dabeli....thats the gateway to our culture...SmileLOL

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 03 February 2009 at 7:31pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by qwertyesque

Simple. You let an intelligent and authoritative person like me tell you what culture is and you follow it. I promise I wont beat, I'll just get the cuffs.LOL

Jokes apart that is a very complex question my friend. You cannot define it, its like a hybrid of mixed cheese fonude , a khichdi, a tossed salad and bhaji pav. 

see mispelling fondue and bhaji pav is not our culture.. so she should follow me... its Pav-Bhaji and Vada Pav and dabeli....thats the gateway to our culture...SmileLOL

Good thing I am a heathen and have no cultural affiliations.

Edited by return_to_hades - 03 February 2009 at 7:31pm

AsliiGuy

IF-Dazzler

AsliiGuy

Posted: 04 February 2009 at 10:02am | IP Logged

Originally posted by qwertyesque

Good thing I am a heathen and have no cultural affiliations.

lol that was too funny!
What other foods can we use to describe the Indian culture...

Ladoo!Clap I <3 it!

Basen ladoo
Gram Ladoo
Rice Ladoo

karandel_2008

IF-Rockerz

karandel_2008

Posted: 04 February 2009 at 11:34am | IP Logged
According to me the culture imparts real education to humans and not only the schools. In my opinion, the culture is the sophisticated outer layer to the raw inner human nature. Core Human nature is formed of evil as well as good and culture tries to groom it.

Indian culture includes everything from society, arts, religions, marriage system, cuisine, etc to Indian philosophy.  However, it has been corrupted in past due to several invasions and others trying to force their beliefs upon us: Pardah, red tape, etc. Though, there are some things that have changed for good.

At present, our culture is in the state of transition and this is inevitable because the world has become small. We are automatically influenced by others. We cannot simply live in a cave and ignore the outer world.

This transition is creating some confusion sometimes and some idiots like Ram sena think that they talk for all of us. I fail to understand that why women are always at the receiving end when it comes to culture or religion. Moreover, I am getting disappointed in the way society is evolving. They are always there when it comes to laugh at someone, or for gossip, but you dont find them when someone needs their help. Big smile

According to me culture should be about common values and behavior with the goal of learning, growing, attaining excellence and freedom. It should not be about restrictions and backward thinking (like that being shown by Ram sena and the people who support their thinking).

Edited by karandel_2008 - 04 February 2009 at 11:53am

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 04 February 2009 at 11:47am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top