Debate Mansion

Having Octuplets - Unethical/Not natural??

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 8

Page 1
Page   of 8
Page 2 Page 8

Cute_Tulip

IF-Veteran Member

General Discussions

Posted: 31 January 2009 at 10:00am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Having Octuplets - Unethical/Not natural??" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 31 January 2009 at 2:01pm | IP Logged
There is no doubt that it is not natural. Mother Nature does have her miracles. While scientists are not sure what exact number can be naturally conceived, it is also a fact that most known multiple births beyond quadruplets were the result of fertility treatment.

Now many doctors in the USA are wary of the ethics of controlling a family size. We have to remember that Europe culturally is open to birth control, sex education, abortion etc - so not all European laws are comparable to the United States. The United States in many parts is still coming to terms with concepts like birth control etc.

However, I think there is a key issue in the European three embryo law. It is the fact that it is not intended to control family size but minimize risk in a procedure. Most people will agree that in any medical procedure, they key factor is reducing the risk of injury or fatality.

Typically women usually implant one to two embryos. It is only when there are more serious issues with embryo development that more are needed to boost chances. Anything more than three fetuses within the womb can be risky to the mother and children, with ocuplets being borderline deadly.

Three embryos can in the most fertile case scenario result in sextuplets, or in most infertile case scenario result in no embryo development. Statistically it is a fair number that increases chances or birth while minimizing risk of complications. It ought to be a law because it makes sense.

The recent octuplets is unethical not because the mother has too many children. But for the fact that the fertility doctor implanted too many embryos, especially when it was not needed considering her six previous children. This women is no barren desert but fertile myrtle. Secondly, I think when a single mother is obsessed with so many children she needs a shrink before going on. Children are wonderful and light up a woman's life, but wanting more than one can realistically handle requires some check up to see if one is connected with reality.

Hey some women can be strong and stable and handle a dozen plus. If she has a plan, knows what she is doing, knows her responsibility - go for it (I still call her nuts) but if she is unstable or out of touch with reality - should she be giving birth to more.

But we ought not to blame the doctors entirely. Who knows she could have gone nuts with a home set up of the turkey baster method.

Edited by return_to_hades - 31 January 2009 at 2:03pm

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 31 January 2009 at 7:34pm | IP Logged
If she is obsessed with only having children,
its something which i guess is not correct

However if she is more obsessed with raising them , and taking proper care of them, and has proper support for them (in terms of money , other basic needs,etc )
then i guess it maybe alright
(i have apprehensions )

However , i think the second case is not quite probable ,

for uptil now , my guess is that she might just be obsessed with those cutie little babies ,
who don't remain for a long while after they are babies !!Big smile

anjali10

IF-Rockerz

anjali10

Posted: 31 January 2009 at 9:51pm | IP Logged
I'm speechless.

Jess.

IF-Veteran Member

Jess.

Posted: 31 January 2009 at 10:01pm | IP Logged
i didnt know she already had 6 kids....woww 14 kids!
does she even know what she is doing? she is unmarried...who is supposed to be a father-figure and help her take care of them?? she is probably going to be dependent on another person for perhaps her whole life...her mother, the public, ...she needs a shrink!

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 31 January 2009 at 10:11pm | IP Logged
Am I the only one who reads this thread title as having Octopus?

Edited by return_to_hades - 31 January 2009 at 10:15pm

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 31 January 2009 at 10:44pm | IP Logged

I dont think its unethical cos Dr's know their limitations........Giving birth to babies is gods gift,everybody cant give octuplets....may be its naturaly happen a unnatural thing...Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

....Poojie....

Dabulls23

IF-Stunnerz

Dabulls23

Posted: 01 February 2009 at 12:05am | IP Logged
It is unethical, down right silly....

Now as far as who is paying to raise these 14 children???? Not that single mother....

We are paying for her to raise those 14 children....

There is limit to being obsessed having kids....she needs reality check IMHO

Post Reply New Post

Go to top