Book Talk

If you could meet any author..

-Navi thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
I'm just wondering is there a certain author you would just LOVE to meet? And Why? Are there any questions you would like to ask them in specific?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

muffins2waffles thumbnail
JK Rowling or Jenny Han! JK Rowling because of the Harry Potter series....those are just amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!😳😳😳
And Jenny Han because of her book Shug...it was too cute!πŸ˜ƒ

I'd like to ask JK Rowling how she thought of such a brilliant idea and perfect character names, what inspired her, etc...

And I'd like to ask Jenny Han how she thought of the plot...and how she created her main character
Edited by MusicalAiswarya - 15 years ago
-Mystery- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Oh good question!

There are so many authors I would like to meet:

J.K. Rowling for the obvious reasons.  She was the first author that got me in to fantasy and she deserves to know that!

I'd like ot ask her how she comes up with such brilliant storyline? How did she keep track of all the seven books? If you read them over, you'll find many many clues in the previous books that lead to what'll happen in the next books.  Perfect characterization and amazingly engaging books!

I'd also like to meet Jodi Picoult and ask her about her journey as an author.  It's apparent that she does do a lot of research before doing her book and I wanted to ask her how does she come up with such different and engaging themes?  Obviously she talks to different people that are sort of similar to her characters and I would want to know if she faces any challenges in doing that.

-Mahi

-Navi thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Oh yes, J.K Rowling is a given.. it would be an honour to meet her.

Do you guys know that Post Secret series.. it's where Frank Warren gets post cards filled with peoples secrets mailed to his house.. and then it gets collected into a book.

Well, I met frank warren yesterday at a local university. There were lots of people.. and it was really empowering.. adn afterwards he was doing a book signing.. I don't own the books but my friends do so I read their copies.. and my friends got their book copies autographed. And me and my friend, Nikki, who doesn't own book, we wrote our secrets on a piece of paper..lots of secrets adn he signed it.. adn he stamped it. He's really humble and you can tell he genuinely cares.
Sir-Please thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
probably J.R.R Tolkien because of Lord of the Rings (need a time machine)

and J.K Rowling because of HP

i'd ask JK, why did you get harry togetha with Ginny😭
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Great Question!!! 1. JK Rowling: for obvious reasons. Her books are a global phenomenon, and they're absolutely perfect! I'd like to ask her how/why she chose the names for her characters as she did. Where did she get the names Dumbledore, Voldemort, Mad-Eye Moody, McGonagall, Crookshanks, Slughorn, etc? How did she choose Hogwarts as the name for her school? Yup, my interview of her would last hours, maybe even days!πŸ˜†β€οΈ 2. If I could travel back in a time machine, I would definitely meet Jane Austen and LM Montgomery as well.πŸ˜ƒ I absolutely love their books!😍 3. Stephanie Meyer: I'd ask her where in the world she got her plot, and how she got the personalities for her characters.πŸ€ͺ πŸ€£
Sophie kinsella ...shes the best writer ever and love her humour i would love to know how close to beckys character she is.
snowflake0555 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I've actually met an author before...wellll sort of.

Her name's Cecilia Galante and she's the author of The Patron Saint of Butterflies...it's not really a famous book.

Well she came to our school as a guest speaker and told us a lot about herself, her childhood...living in a cult...and about the book.

All the freshman got a free copy of her book in English class and atleast 1/4 of the kids already read the book but I never read it yet.

(We got them like in Oct/Nov!) And I was reallly interested in the book after hearing about it from her but I never had the chance to read it...Looking at the cover it looks boring but a lot of people have said it's interesting...

^ So yeah my lil story about this author coming to talk at our school. =]

Which author I'd like to meet? Hmmm...I have no idea actually!
ShadowKisses thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: suuunshiine

Oh yes, J.K Rowling is a given.. it would be an honour to meet her.

Do you guys know that Post Secret series.. it's where Frank Warren gets post cards filled with peoples secrets mailed to his house.. and then it gets collected into a book.

Well, I met frank warren yesterday at a local university. There were lots of people.. and it was really empowering.. adn afterwards he was doing a book signing.. I don't own the books but my friends do so I read their copies.. and my friends got their book copies autographed. And me and my friend, Nikki, who doesn't own book, we wrote our secrets on a piece of paper..lots of secrets adn he signed it.. adn he stamped it. He's really humble and you can tell he genuinely cares.

Aww. That sounds really sweet.

Some authors are really modest. I met Libba Bray nearly two years ago at a book signing and she was the sweetest thing ever. She kept saying that she "couldn't really believe so many people showed up" and that it was a pleasure to be there. Not just that, she took the time to ask people their names and talked for a few minutes. It really was incredible. She actually gave the impression that she wanted to be at the book signing and wasn't being forced to do it in order to publicize her book (although I'm sure that that was on the agenda).

I'd love to meet Meg Cabot. From the answers on her blog site, she sounds like a real sweetheart. Apart from her, JK Rowling because she seems really humble. JKR gives the impression that she knows her fans got her out of debt and that she is really grateful for it.

Some authors I'd hate to meet even by accident - Anne Rice and Stephenie Meyer. From what I've heard, both of them are pretty arrogant. Apparently, Meyer is too lazy to write her full name and only writes "2 <insert name here> SM" which is quite rude, IMO, since her fans had a huge hand in making her what she is today.  Anne Rice -- I've heard her personality is quite off putting and the way she treats her fans is downright incredulous. If her post at Amazon was anything to go by, I think she is quite pathetic. Giving her own book 5 stars and defending it made her look like a whiny teenager and I've lost quite a bit of respect for her since then.