Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

U kno U NV Me

U kno U NV Me

Posted: 21 October 2005 at 9:49am | IP Logged
Love or Arrange, marriage takes alot out of you, you have to work really hard to make it work. I had a love marriage, I knew him since we were in elementry school and now have been married for almost 4 years and have 2 beautiful kids. Love or arrange you can never know how its going to be until you start living with the person.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Which one would you do? (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Naina_Manam

IF-Dazzler

Naina_Manam

Posted: 21 October 2005 at 11:57am | IP Logged
I'd go for love and arrange marriages!!!!!

If love marriage is arranged it means so much more!

But I wouldn't go for love marriage offending my family!

divyagirl

Goldie

divyagirl

Posted: 24 October 2005 at 5:53pm | IP Logged

Well I might choose a love marriage but if I don't get married by the age of 25 then I might have an arranged marriage.

MonicA#1Actress

Goldie

MonicA#1Actress

Posted: 24 October 2005 at 7:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by divyagirl

Would you have a arranged marriage or a love marriage? I'm wondering because you can't always trust someone if you have a love marriage but you don't get to choose who you want to get marry if you have an arranged marriage.

Well.....in my family, the girl would visit a boy's house, talk to the boy for 30 min. or so, and decide if she wants to marry him or not.

Hmmm I think that is fair!! Big smile

But I want a arranged marriage!Confused

You know, arrange marriage with the person I love!Wink

mistystar

mistystar

Posted: 26 October 2005 at 2:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by divyagirl

Would you have a arranged marriage or a love marriage? I'm wondering because you can't always trust someone if you have a love marriage but you don't get to choose who you want to get marry if you have an arranged marriage.

Well.....in my family, the girl would visit a boy's house, talk to the boy for 30 min. or so, and decide if she wants to marry him or not.

unfortunately, neither is 100% guarantee of working out perfectly. both have their pros and cons

Pros:

Arranged: because it is arranged by your parents, you know they have picked someone out that is compatible with you and will keep you happy.

Love: You are marrying someone you love. how much more pro can you get?

Cons:

Arranged: sometimes the person isnt as compatible as you thought. because you dont know this person, you could slowly realize that there is nothing about him/her that you can love.

Love: same as arranged. interesting, no?

uma_shanmugam

uma_shanmugam

Posted: 26 October 2005 at 3:51am | IP Logged
My preference goes for Love Marriages... u know the person b4 u marry Smile Loving stage is so nice.. so have to feel tht b4 marriage. Love after arranged marriage is totally different feeling I guess. But love b4 marriage and continous as spouse is simply sweet Embarrassed

Life for Rent

Goldie

Life for Rent

Posted: 26 October 2005 at 9:53am | IP Logged
it depends.. there is no gurantee hat arrange marrige will be perfect or love.........

so its depends on sitution , time , and ppl

mistystar

mistystar

Posted: 26 October 2005 at 10:10am | IP Logged
i would go for love too...its not because i dont think arranged marriages wont work, its because there are some qualities about me that not many guys would like and i would prefer for a guy to be ok with those qualities before we get married so he wont have probs later. for example, im perhaps the most emotional person in the world. i cry at almost anything. and im pretty sure not alot of guys would like someone sobbing in front of them for no rhyme or reason every 2 seconds.

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Debate Mansion Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.