Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mich09 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Originally posted by: Ananya_A

I beg to differ here Riya. Apurva as Dev Pratab Singh was sensational. His chemistry with Surveen is something that used to give me goosebums and still do. The unpredictable DPS and his sudden mood swings never failed to impress the female population. As long as Apurva and Surveen were part of Kaajjal the show was a hit, infact Rati Agnihotri got nominated and Apu too(if im not mistaken). Just getting an award doesnt make you famous being in the nominations proves the fact that audience is loving him and wants to see more of him. However, i wish i could say the same for his role in RKB. the chemistry is no where there, this Apurva looks tired and exhausted, or maybe its the sainthood that he is following just doesnt suit him. I will go with the arrogant/unpredictable/jealous Apurva anyday.

He is doing as per his calibre, and I think he is doing a good job. He is of an introvert nature so if he tried in reality shows which he did twice, he just cant connect much with the audience, but Mona is just the opposite. Anyways It won't be right to say that the projects that Apu has chosen so far were not good, they were famous reputed people who had taken Apu as the lead. If he is facing downfall then its only because the mass connects to the saas-bahu sagas more, which is smth apu still hasnt tried(thank god)

Ananya,  I completely agree with every word you said here !!  πŸ‘ Apu was sensational as Dev Pratap Singh of Kajjal.  Infact though I was a big JJKN fan to the extent of being an updater, somehow I lost interest post-make over.    I preferred the chemistry between Armaan & Jassi pre-makeover days.  However, in Kajjal, his chemistry with Surveen was too good till the end inspite of the ups and downs of the serial.

Earlier,   deserving ppl used to win awards.  Nowadays whether you are talented or not doesn't really matter,  in the era of  same boring saas-bahu sagas,  kitchen politics, vamp bitchiness, re-emerging after being dead,  all one has to do is   look cute and flashy.     This makes them    popular and then sure winner of awards !    Inspite of all this Apu still managed to get nominated for Kajjal !!  

I am glad Apu did not get swayed into doing such kind of roles and did serials which were a bit different and less oppulent.    In both serials (JJKN & Kajjal)  inspite of female title roles, he still made his characters Armaan Suri and Dev Pratap Singh household names.   In RKB too, inspite of the serial being on Radha and her betiyaans,  a lot many have got hooked on to the serial because of his presence  !  I agree his initial phase in RKB was definitely boring and he looked exhausted and completely subdued, however, the current track which is emerging seems to be tapping   his trademark style of anger and don't mess with me type of attitude. πŸ˜ƒ   I really hope so it does !!  πŸ˜•

Michelle
mich09 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Sharmii

And besides I have noticed be it JJKN or Kaajjalor RKB...Apurva is not  for the masses...he is for the classes...

Plus Apurva is too much of an introvert to advertise himself through reality shows and through award functions and stage shows...

But Yeah I am really proud to be his Fan.Some of his works have been excepional to say the least!!

Sharmii,

Great minds think alike  πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜ƒI've always maintained that Apu is for the classess not masses ! 

Its called "Zara Hatke" ! πŸ˜ƒ

Michelle
shanti05 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Apoorva is a sensational actor he is beyond doubt a person of class !! He knows his role soo well and he is excellent !!! He as Sharmii said an actor for the classes !!
His roles are a masterpiece !!!! in JJKN, Kaajal and RKB !!!
riya_007 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Sharmii

And besides I have noticed be it JJKN or Kaajjalor RKB...Apurva is not  for the masses...he is for the classes...

Plus Apurva is too much of an introvert to advertise himself through reality shows and through award functions and stage shows...

But Yeah I am really proud to be his Fan.Some of his works have been excepional to say the least!!

yup sharmii!! i love apu n m proud of it!! ( lot of apu bhakti todayπŸ˜†!!)
whether apu wins the bst actor award or nt , whether he is popular amng the masses or nt ....i dnt careπŸ˜‰!!

apu's loyal nd dedicated fans r alwayz there for him!! nd wld continue supporting him thoughout his life😳😳😊 !!
rabees011 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: lovely

honestly majority of the people in india love to watch kitchen politics and vamps bitching and backstabbing. They won't appreciate anything that's different or out of the box. Its not that serials with different subjects don't work but its difficult to sustain the viewership of these kind of shows... 

RKB had a good chance to succeed but they just could not keep the audience glued to it by adding boring twist and turns.

I just hope and pray Apu gets his dreams fulfilled and he is successful in his next venture.

That was very well said lovely!!πŸ‘I heard that once some people in mumbai were protesting against saas bahu shows in front of ekta's mahal.πŸ˜†πŸ˜†They were saying, "gali gali mei shoar hai, saas bahu bore hai!"πŸ˜† The people in india keep saying that they don't want these clishade tracks of saas bahu saazish, rona dhona, dus baar shaadi karna, but whenever some good show pops up, I don't know why, the trps start falling.πŸ˜•πŸ˜†πŸ˜†