Other Topics

My Posts (New)

Caryn thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Hi everyone...

Did anyone notice the "My Posts" (New) topic on the right hand of this page? Right just next to the Private Messenger.  I checked that out and thanks to Dev Team for this new icon/tag.

However, I don't see the usefulness in this for one (this is my opinion only), I usually don't refer to my old postings.  The latest I review is if it is only one week old.  Second, even if some of us wants to make refereral to our old posts, it is difficult to do that coz all the postings are in numerical order.  How does one expect us to find the actual post.  We need to click on each numerical tag.

I rather have some post which are quite important like Recipe's contribution by all my IFian friends to be up in the My Posts with title attached to it.

To the creator of "My Posts", again I thank you for this idea, but in my opinion it is not useful to me. Sorry.

Anyone can beg to differ.

Caryn

Edited by Caryn - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

atina thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Caryn.....there is a thread opened for this purpose ( Just look in the Global Announcement area) right on top in every section it appears....

It is very very useful feature for me and defenitely for other Dt members too......

The creator of this feature is the captain of this ship himself...our Vijay.

rojapoooo thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Caryn,  Like Atina said, it is of great use to us
it is now so easy to archive - do not have to
go page by page -
Aahaana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: atina

Caryn.....there is a thread opened for this purpose ( Just look in the Global Announcement area) right on top in every section it appears....

Here is the link for the GA thread Atina mentioned:
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1114733

Personally this new feature helps me a lot, i dont need to go back to my posts anymore, i just click on it and it take me directly to that and also doesnt need to go section by section like I had to do earlier on😊 Also very helpfull with  archvies etcπŸ˜ƒ
sankadevi30 thumbnail
yup i use this to keep track of my recent posts

no need to go to each section
atina thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
yes.......meli and nallu.....I aree with you....the most I like is....no need to go and click on each section or scroll down to each section etc......just on one click we have all the sections we normally visit....which is really a great feature for everyone....

Caryn thumbnail

I see......... I am glad it is very useful to the viewbies.

I have already visited the GA, before putting my posts here. So Meli, thanks for the link even though it was not necessary.   Because I don't understand, I asked.  Call me illiterate if you like.

When I purchase a electric kettle, I will always ask the sales man what are the function or features of that brand and how it is useful to me and once the sales man explains it all, only then I purchase the kettle. Not because of the price nor because of the brand. But how it benefits me.

Since I feel that MY POST is not useful to me, so I might as well not 'purchase' it.   πŸ˜‰

Anyway, thanks Meli, Roja, Nallu and Atina for your 'salesmanship'πŸ˜ƒ
Edited by Caryn - 15 years ago
_Manpreet_ thumbnail
Caryn I do understand your point....... i rarely use this feature for all the games I participate in our tamil section or even for the arattai munnai...for which I find the  "My Last 10 Topic" very useful more so than the "my post". 

However, I find "my post" very useful for FF purposes and the various serial updates both in tamil and hindi sections.  In the past i always found it time consuming to locate the page I last visited and commented, as i wish to continue reading on from there.... but with this new feature, i'm able to locate it and continue reading from there.  More over, I find this new feature very useful when it comes to my own FF..... Hence I'm thankful to Vijay and the team for all the new features....