Paranormal

Breaking NEWS: Drink Coffee & SEE Ghosts?!

TrustYourSelf thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 15 years ago
Hey FRiends!!

Well i was as usual googling...and to my horror i accidentally ended up reading this article..
READ ON.....😲
😲
--------------

TOO much coffee can make people think they have seen a ghost, scientists have discovered.

Coffee fans who drink more than seven cups of instant a day have an increased tendency to hallucinate, including believing they have seen a Ghost!😲

And high caffeine users were three times more likely than low users to have heard a non-existent person's voice.

The Durham University team believe caffeine causes the effects by boosting the stress hormone cortisol.

Psychologist Simon Jones, who led the study, said: "This is a first step towards looking at wider factors associated with hallucinations.

"Previous research has highlighted a number of important factors, such as childhood trauma, which may lead to hallucinations.

"Many such factors are thought to be linked to hallucinations, in part because of their impact on the body's reaction to stress." 

Source: http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/2009/01/14/drinking-too-much-coffee-can-make-you-see-ghosts-warn-scientists-86908-21039501/

--------

• Now tell me What u think about this article..?
  • 7 cups of instant coffee...and you start seeing or hearing ghosts...
  • Have you ever had 7 cups of coffee a day...? and did you experience something weird...?

Love,

Gracella

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shijhu thumbnail
am still in a shocking phase will let u know my views as soon as i come out of my trauma hehehehe gud one gracie
princezna thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Gracella

Hey FRiends!!

Well i was as usual googling...and to my horror i accidentally ended up reading this article..
READ ON.....😲
😲
--------------

TOO much coffee can make people think they have seen a ghost, scientists have discovered.

Coffee fans who drink more than seven cups of instant a day have an increased tendency to hallucinate, including believing they have seen a Ghost!😲

And high caffeine users were three times more likely than low users to have heard a non-existent person's voice.

The Durham University team believe caffeine causes the effects by boosting the stress hormone cortisol.

Psychologist Simon Jones, who led the study, said: "This is a first step towards looking at wider factors associated with hallucinations.

"Previous research has highlighted a number of important factors, such as childhood trauma, which may lead to hallucinations.

"Many such factors are thought to be linked to hallucinations, in part because of their impact on the body's reaction to stress." 

Source: http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/2009/01/14/drinking-too-much-coffee-can-make-you-see-ghosts-warn-scientists-86908-21039501/

--------

• Now tell me What u think about this article..?
  • 7 cups of instant coffee...and you start seeing or hearing ghosts...
  • Have you ever had 7 cups of coffee a day...? and did you experience something weird...?

Love,

Gracella

ooops quite shocking Grace........ bt tum bhi na kya kya search marti rehti ho πŸ˜†πŸ˜†  i guess yeh article coffee lovers ko nahin dekhna chahiye... kahin woh coffee hi an chod de... πŸ˜‰
Vaise thnk god ki i don't drink coffee.... 7 cups toh kya 1 cup bhi nahin....... so aisa kuch weird experience toh mujhe kabhi hoga nahin......... πŸ˜ƒ
thanks for sharing this info dear...........
TrustYourSelf thumbnail
haha Jhum..shock se bahaar niklo yaar:)

and rajni....google pe search marna hi meri aadat hai lolzz
khaas karke humare paranormal forum ke liye search marna...haha

haha tum bhi naa..lovers aur coffee..
coffee to bahana hai yaar:)

waisey i like coffee..but it has to be nescafe with creamer and 2 teapspoons of sugar..aur jab bhi drink karti hoon..i get sleepy..so i only drink at night...din mein nahin haha

mostly..people drink coffee to stay awake...i drink coffee and fall asleep..hahahaha yeh bhi kya kuch paranormal hai kya...?

dream thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Ahh horrible news..aisa thodi hota hai?...i had 4 cups of coffee a day par mujhe to kuch nai hua par han neend zarooro udd jati he isse..haha
arabian_love thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
thanks a lot Gracella 😳 for telling
payal_r thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
cool article gracella!! :D...how on earth did u find thisπŸ˜†
nope neva had 7 cups of coffee....tooooo much!! πŸ˜†...its hard for me to finish 1 !! :P
interesting though ;)
TrustYourSelf thumbnail
Originally posted by: payal_r

cool article gracella!! :D...how on earth did u find thisπŸ˜†

nope neva had 7 cups of coffee....tooooo much!! πŸ˜†...its hard for me to finish 1 !! :P
interesting though ;)

haha sweetie..maine kahaa tha..google karte karte main bohat kuch paa jaati hoon yaarπŸ˜†πŸ˜†

yes yes 7 cups is way too much..πŸ˜‰

@ dream: wow 4 cups..? not bad..u were close to 7...kaash 3 aur drink karte..then maybe you could have said if this article is true or not..πŸ˜†
j/k

-KingAragorn- thumbnail
Lolz this is a scientific experiment gone wrong. I can imagine some 80 year old scientists turning themselves into labrats and going high on caffeine, no wonder they see things!

Who on earth drinks 7 cups of coffee to fancy a ghost??? Think of remote villages in Africa where they practice witchcraft and believe in zombies. I'm sure they can't afford to drink 7 cups of coffee before going nuts with a ouijaboard?

This is a conspiracy against the people who believe in ghosts. These scientists are just trying very hard to prove that we are all lunatics πŸ€ͺ
Vickrant thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
7 cups is way too much too consume in one single day.... but dis seein ghost  n all.... is hard to believe. I never had ne such weird experience after havin coffee πŸ˜†