Book Talk

~* Reader of the Fortnight - -Mystery-! *~ (Page 8)

Post Reply New Post

Page 8 of 11

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 05 February 2009 at 8:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by shijhu

hey dear awesome answers here comes my nxt set of grillers hope u enjoy answering them  Hi Di, thanks for coming back! Embarrassed

define frdship - When the person can look you in the eye and tell you you've done something wrong, when he/she will tell you the truth because they want to be a better person, when you don't feel bad about crying in front of them, and when he/she gives you their shoulder to cry on.  Well you've found your true friend!

define truth - Hmm... tough, truth could factual or just something that actually happened and not the wrong account of it.

books r da best companion ............expalin - Yep they're.  No matter how alone you are as soon as you pick a book and start reading it, the book will take you in another world and then you'll no longer be alone.

wot according to u wud be da perfect valentine day celebration - Hm... let's see, The first time he sees me on the day, he bends on his knees and gives a rose, I take it and he tells me that I am the most special person in his life.  Later on we spend the day together cherishing the moments we've spent together and planning more in the future.  Finally end the day with candle light dinner and slow romantic dance.  Afterwards if possible I'd like to go to a beach with him and look at the moon.  That's it. Embarrassed

donot worry i will come back wid moreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeWink cuz i love u hney  Aw... thanks, Di!!

-Mahi

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "~* Reader of the Fortnight - -Mystery-! *~ (Page 8)" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 05 February 2009 at 8:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Huduga

@ Mystery.

Mahi !

1. "'Mahi Mahi" ? had ?  ....
Sorry I don't get the question Embarrassed

2. i saw banner, and i was wondering abt these books.
So if u know some of these books, please tell me the name, and did u read those, and which one u liked a lot, and which one u didn't like.
The Kite Runner - Loved it! Amazingly written book!
Go Ask Alice - Nope haven't read it.
Namesake - No
Twilight - No
Harry Potter - Yes, all 7.  I think all of them were fabulous and kept me engaged.
A series of unfortunate events. - No, I have seen the movie but I heard the book is not that great.
My favorite would be hard to decide since it's between HP and Kite Runner.. All are my fav.

3. i was reading abt movie, "Luck by chance".
Story and screenplay by Zoya, dialogues by Javed akhtar.
So i was thinking, what does it mean,  Story, then screenplay, and dialogues.  Just curious, what do u think abt 'screenplay' ?
Well, I am really good with the technical details of film making either but I'll give it a try.  Story could mean just the outline of the story like the basic summary of what would happen.  Screenplay could be the scene to scene explanation of what will happen and how and then of course the dialogues.

4. Do u use dog ear ?
Sometimes when I am lazy enough to go get a bookmark or if one of my cousins steals my book mark. LOL

5. which fav author u want to meet, and which first question abt his/her work, u will ask ?
Tough call.  J.K. Rowling and Khaled Hosseini definitely.  J.K. Rowling I would want to ask her how she characterized Harry so well.  How did she come up with this character.  Khaled Hosseini - I'll ask him about his views on the condition of Afghanistan today.

6. Can u read hindi/urdu or any other language than English, if yes, which is fav book in that language.
I can read Spanish, Urdu, and Punjabi but not very great with them so I haven't attempted an acutal novel yet.

7. Any book, which ur friend borrowed and haven't returned yet, and u miss that.
Nope, none, all of my friends are very particular with what they borrow and they'll return it ASAP.

8. Any book, which u lost, and u miss it.
I've rarely ever lost anything - Thank God! And thus this is not an issue.
=========

Hmmm, Abt critic and truth, i was thinking a little bit on same lines. u cleared it more :-)
Ok, so i happily announce now, 'Reading is my hobby too' :-D  Aww.... that's great!

abt 304436, hmmmm, it is related to 'August 31st', a significant date abt u, abt which i asked u once, in another motw :-)
It's when I joined IF? Embarrassed

-Mahi

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 05 February 2009 at 8:43pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by suuunshiine

What's a book you would recommend to..

A child? The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett

A pre-teen? The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd

A teenage girl? A Letter to My Daughter by Maya Angelou

A teenage boy? Kaffir Boy by Mark Mathabane

Someone who likes fantasy novels? Besides Harry Potter, I would say Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin

Someone who likes classical novels? The Great Gatsby By F. Scott Fitzgerald

Someone who likes mystery novels? Da Vincci Code or Angels and Demons by Dan Brown

Someone who likes romantic novels?  I don't read many romantic novels so don't quite know.  I'd say The Notebook Nicholas Sparks.

Someone who likes short reads? Night by Elie Wiesel

Someone who likes long reads? Inkheart and Inkspell by Cornelia Funke.  They are not really long but still.

Someone who like sad stories? The Last Lecture Randy Pausch

Someone who likes happy stories? Merchant of Venice by Shakespeare

-Mahi

Huduga

Huduga

Posted: 05 February 2009 at 9:19pm | IP Logged
Mahi-mahi is a kind of fish.  And there are many dishes, some ppl like it.
i recently watched a movie in which a  guy ordered this dish.
-----
HP is my fav too. I read it, when first book came out, and i was a laughing stock at my hostel, bcoz that time my friends thought that this is a book for children. And when i ordered this for hostel-library, ppl made fun of me. hehehe.
i started reading, kite-runner, and i heard there is a movie too, so will watch that too.
I don't know why i don't like 'twilight'. i haven't read it, but i just don't want to read it. There is a kind of block, abt which i haven't thought much.
------
question i want to ask her (Rowling), does she ever get nightmares abt the creatures :-)
-----
Yeah, u are the 304436th member :-D

Thanks for answering :-)
If i can see RNBDJ before this motf is over,
i will come with more questions.

Edited by Huduga - 05 February 2009 at 9:36pm

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 06 February 2009 at 6:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Huduga

Mahi-mahi is a kind of fish.  And there are many dishes, some ppl like it.
i recently watched a movie in which a  guy ordered this dish.  Oh I see, I never knew about it.  Thanks for letting me know.
-----
HP is my fav too. I read it, when first book came out, and i was a laughing stock at my hostel, bcoz that time my friends thought that this is a book for children. And when i ordered this for hostel-library, ppl made fun of me. hehehe.  Oh, yeah I wasn't very much into fantasies before this book, in fact I hadn't read many at all.  But I saw the movie first and then my brother got the book.  Finally after my friends made constant fun of me about how I can be a books lover and not read HP, I gave in and started reading it.  And I finished all 6 books in two weeks.  The 7th one wasn't out yet. 
i started reading, kite-runner, and i heard there is a movie too, so will watch that too. The Kite Runner is an amazing book! I simply love this book because of the way the characters come across and it's such a heart touching story.  Brought tears to my eyes many times.  But the movie is a complete waste of time.  Especially after reading the book, the movie didn't appeal to me at all.  The parts I loved the most in the book were left out in the movie. Ouch
I don't know why i don't like 'twilight'. i haven't read it, but i just don't want to read it. There is a kind of block, abt which i haven't thought much.  Yeah I have heard a whole lot about Twilight but vampires and all that kind of stuff is just not my idea of a great book.  I am just not very happy with this kind of themes.
------
question i want to ask her (Rowling), does she ever get nightmares abt the creatures :-) Oh, that's an interesting question... especially after the movie is out.  Actually I want to also ask her about each of the creatures and how closely they were able to shape her imagination.
-----
Yeah, u are the 304436th member :-D  I see, thanks, I would've never known.

Thanks for answering :-)  You're most welcome!
If i can see RNBDJ before this motf is over,
i will come with more questions.  Sure, my pleasure only! I can answer a thousand questions about RNBDJ.  One of my favorite movies of all times.

-Mahi

chhilt

IF-Rockerz

chhilt

Posted: 07 February 2009 at 11:09am | IP Logged

Aha! Now's the time to post more questions.... I've got animals on the brain today so you'll have to bear with me!

Caterpillar or worm?
Seal or polar bear?
Albatross or hawk?
Sparrow or robin?
Monkey or gorilla?
Penguin or flamingo?
Chipmunk or squirrel?
What's the difference between an alligator and a crocodile?
How long does a sea turtle usually live?
Would you rather swim with dolphins or feed sharks?
Would you rather visit an aviary or an aquarium?
Walrus or seahorse?
Goldfish or eels?
Would you rather visit a rainforest or explore the ocean?
Do you believe that there's life on Mars?
What animal would you most like to have as a pet?
^^^^ What would you name it? ^^^^^^
What are you supposed to do if your horse has colic?
Bees or wasps?
Cockroaches or lizards? DeadLOL
An eohippus is the ancestor of which animal?
It takes pollen from how many flowers to make one tablespoon of honey?
What's your favourite breed of a dog?
Would you rather have a pet giraffe or a pet hippo?
Did you like Barney when you were a kid?
Which is your favourite dinosaur?
Which dinosaur are you most afraid of?
Name five animals that hibernate during the winter.
What's the difference between a rat and a mouse?

Haha.... have fun answering these.... hopefully next time I'll have a set of questions with a different theme!

Edited by chhilt - 07 February 2009 at 11:16am

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 08 February 2009 at 6:16pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by chhilt

Aha! Now's the time to post more questions.... I've got animals on the brain today so you'll have to bear with me!

Caterpillar or worm? Dead Neither LOL
Seal or polar bear?
Albatross or hawk?
Sparrow or robin?
Monkey or gorilla?
Penguin or flamingo?
Chipmunk or squirrel?
What's the difference between an alligator and a crocodile? I think they belong to different crocodilian families.
How long does a sea turtle usually live? It lives for many many years, not sure exactly how many.
Would you rather swim with dolphins or feed sharks?
Would you rather visit an aviary or an aquarium?
Walrus or seahorse?
Goldfish or eels?
Would you rather visit a rainforest or explore the ocean?
Do you believe that there's life on Mars? Maybe
What animal would you most like to have as a pet? Rabbit
^^^^ What would you name it? ^^^^^^ Never thought about it... How about Runny? LOL
What are you supposed to do if your horse has colic? Call the veterinarian.
Bees or wasps? Neither Embarrassed
Cockroaches or lizards? DeadLOL Exactly that's why neither Tongue
An eohippus is the ancestor of which animal? Horse
It takes pollen from how many flowers to make one tablespoon of honey? How would I know that? TongueLOL
What's your favourite breed of a dog? German Shepherd.
Would you rather have a pet giraffe or a pet hippo?
Did you like Barney when you were a kid? Somewhat.
Which is your favourite dinosaur? None
Which dinosaur are you most afraid of? All LOL
Name five animals that hibernate during the winter.  Bears, skunks, chipmunks, some bats, iguanas.
What's the difference between a rat and a mouse? The size, rats are larger than mice.

Haha.... have fun answering these.... hopefully next time I'll have a set of questions with a different theme!  I surely had fun, but next time pick a better theme pretty please! EmbarrassedLOLLOL

-Mahi

set_raj

IF-Sizzlerz

set_raj

Posted: 09 February 2009 at 1:07am | IP Logged
Mahi..how ru?...its been long..i dint knew tht ur being grilled here nicely on a Hot Seat..Big smile...Congrats dear...will be back to Grill you...ofcourse with some  questions.. TongueTongue

Edited by set_raj - 09 February 2009 at 1:11am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top