Bandini

Bandini & its few story line glitches

~Wicked~ thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Most of us have loved Bandini so far, suffice to say, Dharamraj ji is going be another unforgettable creation of RR. We loved the rural setting, the sets, the locale, the vivid colors, the music, the direction, editing and most of the crew.....all in all, we have loved Bandini in its entirety so far. So, isn't there absolutely anything in Bandini that didn't settle with us or is nagging us in the corner (far corner) of our minds? Anything? Ekta has tried to keep this serial real, in line with the norm and demand of the time. So, has she succeeded in keeping the story line entirely plausible? I am only bringing this question up, because EKTA for the first time has attempted to present plausible reality in this serial.

I am going to pen down my few points in Ekta's story that has been nagging me a bit. I wouldn't have bothered, if this had been another of Ekta's run of the mill special. Please let me know if I am wrong in my assumptions and please put forward some of your own, if you have any.

1) Nanaji, a very elderly man is Dharamraj ji's best diamond cutter? There is absolutely no one else in his factory who has similar capabilities? Dharamraj ji himself has questioned this anomaly, a whole productive and money churning organization is dependent on one worker's superior capabilities? I can't understand this. A successful business will have a very good workforce and must have more than one employee with the best know how. It seemed that fine quality of the diamonds produced in this factory depended on one man and thats not plausable. Did Ekta show this in order to pave the way for Santo's to enter in Dharamraj's life? At this one point the story faltered a bit for me.

2) Dharamraj ji no matter how arrogant and egotistical he may be, is a businessman first and foremost, also, we have seen that he examines his diamonds very closely and thoroughly. Given this, shouldn't he be well aware of Nanaji and his superb cutting capabilities? In the 1st episode, Dharamraj ji said that he knows everything about his machines and his employees. He ought to have known who his best worker is and ought to made damn sure that there is more than one of them. The prosperity of his business depends on it.

3) The Jaggu character, a young, sleazy, slimy, underhanded and dishonest leader of Dharamraj ji's employees. He has been shown trying to unearth Dharamraj ji's intentions. WHAT! HOW! WHY! Someone like Dharamraj ji with his power, money, intellect, ego...everything will treat and swat this type of guys like literal flies. Why is this Jaggu character been shown as Dharamraj ji's possible adversary? Virat can be an adversary, even Virat felt like a wormunder the gaze of the TYRANT, so who the hell is Jaggu? AND WHAT CAN HE DO?
Edited by ~Wicked~ - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RonitPallaviNR thumbnail
Good topic Tabs, unfortunately the scene where Santo was supposed to feel sorry and cry for what has happened, she didn't do a good job there. That is the only point that is bothering me in Bandini. I guess since it's her first demanding scene, it's ok...but she has to get better. She is good in happy scenes, but Bandini is all about her sad life after marriage and how it gets better so she should try to get those skills polished.

The points u have made about Madhav Solanki being the only best, I think it's not got to do with his talent, it's more of his bond with the other workers the way he motivates the others. Madhav Solanki is more like a father figure to the other workers, u need someone like that to always encourage u, there may be others good like him, but he has the experience. Looking at his age we can tell that he has been part of the Mahiyavanshi diamond company for a long time, much before ever DM himself. So I guess Solanki is like the foundation of the working people ka group, u know. So that's why it hasn't faltered for me. He may be one of the best, but it's the kind of effect that Naanu has on others is what has made him very important to the company. I mean if u look at it, Naanu really cares about the company. Even though injustice has been done to him, he is still thinking about the welfare abt the company. It's like his home and the workers are his family.

2) I guess DM knows Nannu but the name just didn't click with him. I m sure that Naanu cheat DM so that's why he doesn't remember his name. I know DM said that he remembers everything about the workers who work for him whether they r human or machine, but I guess they just tried to add effect to the name MADHAV SOLANKI. I guess this might be the point that the story might have faltered a bit, but it's not a big deal. it's still okay.

3) Now about Jags, well Jags is the stereotypical union leader. Union leaders are shown to act good on the outside but are cunning on the inside. Not all are like that, but some are and I am okay with that, because DM knows Jags is faltoo...but Union leader is elected by the workers not by the owner of the company. This Jags was sweet talking the workers and became the union leader. We know his real character. I don't think the story has faltered here either.

~Wicked~ thumbnail
I didn't realize that union leaders had so much power. This young, sleazy kinda guy actually got chosen by the workers to lead them, rather then a more experienced, respected and seasoned person! Futhermose, this Jaggu kind of character who at first glance looks untrustworthy, can influense so many people (many elders) with his underhanded ideas! Gao ka log itna shidha and bhola hota hai keya? I have been to my gao, talked and been with the villagers, they are simple, kind, very hard-working, loving....but, I really can't imagine them being this bhola. Saying all that, my gao doesn't have a industry and almost all who live there are farmers, so I have never come across any such type union leaders.

I get the point about Madav Solanki now. It was a very unfair dismissal on Dharamraj ji's part and yes, workers will fill this a lot and revolt even. In a time when the tender and Dharamraj ji's ego is at stake, 110% from the entire workforce is absolutely needed. But then the question arises, why did Dharamraj ji take such a rash step in dismissing a worker for the unintentional gustakhi of his granddaughter? Aslo, Pinakin did mention twice I think that NAnaji is their best daimond cutter.

Thankoo Mota Bhai for your illuminating input...LUBB YOU.

RonitPallaviNR thumbnail
Union leaders have a lot of power. It's like the fight between the rich and the poor class which is lead by union leaders...but like DM said to Jags very clearly, "Dharampur ma EKACH leader ch aur woh hai DHARAM RAJ MAHIYAVANSHI" . So DM is well aware of Jags intensions, he tells Jags straight out that he doesn't have the talent to be a leader in his own way.

The rash step was to prove to the others that DM doesn't care who u are , what u are, when it comes to his ego. DM is a big believer in God and Naanu's granddaughter had the audacity to worship before him...didn't go tooo well with DM so he decided to punish Madhav Solanki. He knows Madhav is the best but he is just trying to prove a point that he doesn't give a damn as to who is what, he won't tolerate any violation of the rules.

But now this Virat guy his sadhu bhai is a bigger enemy than Jags and he doesn't want to lose to him and in this way DM has killed 3 birds with one stone- got the workers' motivation back, made a good place in the workers' hearts for him...including the Solanki family and third, has guaranteed himself a win in terms of the contract.

sns23 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: ~Wicked~

Most of us have loved Bandini so far, suffice to say, Dharamraj ji is going be another unforgettable creation of RR. We loved the rural setting, the sets, the locale, the vivid colors, the music, the direction, editing and most of the crew.....all in all, we have loved Bandini in its entirety so far. So, isn't there absolutely anything in Bandini that didn't settle with us or is nagging us in the corner (far corner) of our minds? Anything? Ekta has tried to keep this serial real, in line with the norm and demand of the time. So, has she succeeded in keeping the story line entirely plausible? I am only bringing this question up, because EKTA for the first time has attempted to present plausible reality in this serial. 
 For me the fact that the dhaam dhoom beats, the eye jarring special effects, the heavy makeup et all are missing, in itself is a huge thing. After a long and painful(to the 5 senses atleast) run, Ekta K has gone back to the basics, and I thank her for it. Coz its a relief to see her atleast attempt something realistic. Here's my attempt at answering your glitches.

I am going to pen down my few points in Ekta's story that has been nagging me a bit. I wouldn't have bothered, if this had been another of Ekta's run of the mill special. Please let me know if I am wrong in my assumptions and please put forward some of your own, if you have any.

1) Nanaji, a very elderly man is Dharamraj ji's best diamond cutter? There is absolutely no one else in his factory who has similar capabilities? Dharamraj ji himself has questioned this anomaly, a whole productive and money churning organization is dependent on one worker's superior capabilities? I can't understand this. A successful business will have a very good workforce and must have more than one employee with the best know how. It seemed that fine quality of the diamonds produced in this factory depended on one man and thats not plausable. Did Ekta show this in order to pave the way for Santo's to enter in Dharamraj's life? At this one point the story faltered a bit for me.

Ok, this is something that went through my mind as well. Why, should there be only one person who apparently has superior talents in a huge company like MDW? Maybe, they're trying to show the unity of a small village through this? Nanaji is an old and respected member of the village? Thus, of the factory as well. Offending him, would've hurt all of them. That would be reason enough to revolt, so maybe they're trying to strengthen this by making him a very skilled (and apparently the best there is) labourer. Or it might just be another glitch, there needed to be a reason for Daramraj to get involved in Nanaji's personal affairs,his family, or in other words, Santo, so they just made him the best there is for plot convinience.  
2) Dharamraj ji no matter how arrogant and egotistical he may be, is a businessman first and foremost, also, we have seen that he examines his diamonds very closely and thoroughly. Given this, shouldn't he be well aware of Nanaji and his superb cutting capabilities? In the 1st episode, Dharamraj ji said that he knows everything about his machines and his employees. He ought to have known who his best worker is and ought to made damn sure that there is more than one of them. The prosperity of his business depends on it.

That stumped me, really, when he said Madhav kaun? I was like dude, dont contradict yourself. Maybe there are many more people who cut very well, or his entire factory is filled with the best diamond cutters in India, and Madhav is just another one of them. The reason he's getting more importance is coz, lets face it, it is an EKta K show, a very different show, but one from her stables nonetheless. At some point there would've been some assumptions that we viewers are expected to make for plot convinience. Madhav is important coz he's the future Mrs. Dharamraj Mahiyavanshi's nanaji. But i really do hope that our compromises end with these small things, and as viewers, our intelligence will be respected. Because, at times, she really has taken us for a ride with her storylines.

3) The Jaggu character, a young, sleazy, slimy, underhanded and dishonest leader of Dharamraj ji's employees. He has been shown trying to unearth Dharamraj ji's intentions. WHAT! HOW! WHY! Someone like Dharamraj ji with his power, money, intellect, ego...everything will treat and swat this type of guys like literal flies. Why is this Jaggu character been shown as Dharamraj ji's possible adversary? Virat can be an adversary, even Virat felt like a wormunder the gaze of the TYRANT, so who the hell is Jaggu? AND WHAT CAN HE DO?
      Every hindi show/movie requires a sleazy slimeball of a villain, and in this one its jagmohan. Then there's the other kind of villain, the cold calculative creepy one, in this show the honours for that goes to virat sanghvi. Jagmohan is the kinda guy, Daramraj knows exactly how to deal with, beacuse of his predictability and his for the lack of a better word, sleaziness. Dharamraj himself has admitted that his work is his weakness, and unfortunately, Jagmohan is the leader of his employees. He's the kinda guy, who's all talk and no show, and predictably, the junta like these kinda people to lead him. Though its not seen right now, this guy has the capability to turn things around for dharamraj, and i think, that dharamraj has caught on to that. Virat sanghvi on the other hand, is the creepy calculative kind, who even though he doesn't show it, unsettles Dharamraj. Otherwise, Dharamraj wouldn't be moving heaven and earth to get the order finished. 
 Hope your questions were answered atleast a tiniest bit?
 Cheers,
Mru
P.S- please dont beat me up for saying worms like Virat sanghvi n Jaggu bother the mighty DM. Just making an observation.

RonitPallaviNR thumbnail
Mru...I don't know whether Jags bothers DM but Virat does...DM knows that Virat is cheap...third class. LOL!!

DM says it on the face, but Virat talks behind his back. And Virat knows that he makes DM feel sick at the sight of his...LOL but DM doesn't show it. The way he pulled up his sleeves, was DM's way was showing Virat that he ain't scared of his dhamki.

Jags is a makkhi, and Virat is a macchar, I mean Jags is a fly and Virat is a mosquitoe
sns23 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
But apparently, Virat is supposed to be the scarier kinda villain in the show. Either that or he was just needed to turn the wheels to get DM bring nanaji back...
ok, virat he cant control, but why keep jaggu, who seems to be there just to make his life a little more miserable? I'm sure he's pretty disposable, especially when you have people like madhav solanki who is said to be the best there is...
~Wicked~ thumbnail
Hey Mru, there is no questing of bashing you. I am not  a basher ☺️. Thanks for taking the time to give such detailes answers. I loved your observations. I am fine with this minor glitches as long as Ekta doesn't take us for a ride again. I have a feeling that this time she won't. A lot of people have given it their all this time to back Ekta up and I wouldn't want her to let them down.

About Jaggu, I am sure DM can do away with him any time he wants to, but right now to win the contract DM needs every hand on board and giving it their all. It wouldn't be a good strategy to ruffle any feathurs right now and DM, a seemingly  brilliant strategist will never do this right now.

PS: Mota Bhai...I liked your angle of seeing things...has mast logic.
ronitfan thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
You know what everyone?

Virat and Jagmohan are in this together .. and together they are sure to bother DM until he really figures out that Jagmohan is in the infiltrator in the ranks ...

Well regarding the glitch that DM did not know about Madhav Solanki .. it did not strike him until someone told him that it was the same Madhav Solanki who works for his factory - he had not forgotten.. how is he to know every Madhav chacha in town? LOL

And yes .. I think he knew about his grand-daughters too .. but not by face .. and now they have just become more priority stuff for him!
divan thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Here are thoughts that came to my mind watching the episodes:

Nanu is a lovely characters, but the look that has been given to him is of someone who is in his eighties or nineties.  With the thick glasses he wears, he can't possibly see very well, how can that make him a highly skilled karigaar.

The three girls are left to the care of nanu...fine but aren't they too young...how old was nanu's son when he got married?

The girls have too much makeup for girls who are living in a village.

RR seems to have been caste perfect for the role.  Surely if a young girl broke the rule of entering the mandir before him, the punishment was rather severe.

It seems Jag wants to cause trouble for his co-workers, if he is after destroying Nanu.  Why would he take money in front of the guard and then not give it to DM?  He was shown afraid if nanu opened his mouth in front of DM? Isn't this going to happen sometimes anyway and from the way the worker respect nanu...are they not likely to believe that nanu did indeed give money to Jag.

It would have been ideal if Ekta had made a Nanu living with his daughter in law and her daughters.  Jag becomes nanu's enemy because the daughter in law rejects his advances.  The daughter in law takes blame on herself to protect her little daughter.  DM for the first time forgives daughter in law for breaking the rule(assume he does indeed falls for her beauty at first meet)  Jag now has a reason to hate DM, because DM doesn't not punish the daughter in law.  The hatered could further increase when DM does propose to nanu that he wants to marry his daughter in law.  To me this would be a little bit more realistic story.

Anyway I will still watch to see what reason forces DM to marry the granddaughter.

Edited by divan - 15 years ago