Goldie

~devi~

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 24 January 2009 at 1:30pm | IP Logged
Hi all.
here's an article on an actress they are considering for the role of Jane

its:

Dakota Fanning...with fangs?

It's possible. I can exclusively report that the 14-year-old child star—she turns 15 on Feb. 23—is in talks to play Jane opposite Robert Pattinson & Co. in New Moon, the upcoming sequel to box office megahit Twilight.

"There were no auditions," a source reveals. "They just offered it to her outright, and now they're in negotiations. They've been going back and forth."

Jane is a member of Italy's Volturi, the most deadly group of bloodsucking killers in author Stephenie Meyer's best-selling series.

In the casting notice we got our hands on earlier this month, Jane is described as a petite blonde with a "Botticelli angel-like face…[and] crimson irises." While fellow Volturi guards Demetri & Felix "are three times the size of her, they are terrified of her," the casting notice reads.

Coincidentally (or maybe not), an online petition started by a Twilight fan already asks the studio, Summit Entertainment, to cast Fanning because she would be "perfect" for the role.

Early last month, Entertainment Weekly suggested Pushing Daisies star and Broadway diva Kristin Chenoweth. "Her voice is certainly high enough, and at 4'11'', she's also short enough," writer Amy Wilkinson proposed.

Director Chris Weitz is expected to start shooting New Moon in March in the U.S. and Italy. If all goes as planned, the movie will hit theaters on Nov. 20.

Is Fanning right for Jane? We're sure Twilight fans have plenty to say about it.

source: http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/marc_malkin/b80171_new_moon_casting_scoop_dakota_fanning.html

what do you all think? Accurate choice?

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "possibility for the role of Jane in New Moon" in Twilight forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

spoiledbrat

IF-Sizzlerz

spoiledbrat

Posted: 24 January 2009 at 2:29pm | IP Logged
I think she's a bit too young to play Jane?

pomegranate

IF-Dazzler

pomegranate

Posted: 24 January 2009 at 11:51pm | IP Logged

age doesn't matter when your perfect for the part. and i can deff see this girl as jane.

Zoe28

Goldie

Zoe28

Posted: 25 January 2009 at 4:22am | IP Logged
i think dakota is the ideal actress to portray jane both physically and acting wise.

..-Zaara-..

IF-Rockerz

..-Zaara-..

Posted: 25 January 2009 at 9:57am | IP Logged
i think she is really good.. i think she would be best for the character of Jane.. she is suppose to look innocent.. she will be perfect.. age doesnt matter..she is perfect.

Zaara

Edited by brklyngurl4u - 25 January 2009 at 10:07am

~devi~

Goldie

~devi~

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 26 January 2009 at 3:55pm | IP Logged
^i agree. I haven't really seen any of her movies, but if she's good, then hopefully she will play the role well, regardless of age.Embarrassed
Jane is a rather difficult role to play, hope the character is played just as good in the movie as it was in the book.

..-Zaara-..

IF-Rockerz

..-Zaara-..

Posted: 26 January 2009 at 5:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ~devi~

^i agree. I haven't really seen any of her movies, but if she's good, then hopefully she will play the role well, regardless of age.Embarrassed
Jane is a rather difficult role to play, hope the character is played just as good in the movie as it was in the book.
watch the promos to the movie Push she is in that movie.. she is really good.. i think she will be perfect for Jane...

Zaara

Little Foot

IF-Rockerz

Little Foot

Posted: 27 January 2009 at 1:28pm | IP Logged
Yeah...I think I'd like that. Deffo better than Chenoweth.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top