Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Is Slumdog Millionaire worth of winning OSCAR? (Page 7)

raj5000 Moderator
raj5000
raj5000

Posted: 30 January 2009 at 12:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by AsliiGuy

Originally posted by raj5000

Originally posted by AsliiGuy

I saw the movie again, i thought it had a sad/darker theme second time around...I guess the lovey story line didnt catch my eye second time around...

Thanks for sharing your views after watching it for the second time... WOW you actually watched it second time.

Isn't it amazing how our brain/mind works, when our own perceptions cannot be consistent isn't it too much to ask for every individual to come to an agreement as far as take away from SDM is concerned. Just making a general statement.

i think your making fun of me..Cry

HAHA just kidding!LOL your right..

I was thinking the same thing to myself, i think it was because i was like "inntaa award nikal aaya", "Wow ittna sundar kahani" "wow ittna sundar larka...mm i mean larki" (haha)...

Really tho, i think you see more and look past all the "face-value" when you see it a second time.
Thank God u r kiddin as I was not making fun. Thats True  @ bold.
jagdu IF-Dazzler
jagdu
jagdu

Posted: 30 January 2009 at 12:32pm | IP Logged

SDM deserves all the oscars it can get. It will bathe India in glory, even if for a day. It is not just for the artistes and all the causes they stand for, entertainment/realityAR and even what it will do for the oscars. There is so much more about a nation that the world knows little about.

Pradarshak Goldie
Pradarshak
Pradarshak

Posted: 30 January 2009 at 9:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

So thats what they call it these days. po*n. Good to see the Times Of London is upping its reporting levels to compete with the Daily Sun.

I wonder who will host this years Oscars. Its a bummer that they wont reveal the host this year, because the host is the only thing I usually tune into the Oscars for. Its like a movie being ruined because you missed the previews. I think  I liked Slumdog because I got to see some excellent previews before it. People who dislike Slumdog were denied of Good previews.

Seen/read  good previews/reviews for about a month or so before the GG and was highly curious to watch the movie. It was a disappointment, a damp squib. Nowhere it turned to be an intellectual film nor it had any good punch. The climax was like ...any lame person with no such knowledge could have written that, guessing the name of Three Musketeers and winning the prize.
Pradarshak Goldie
Pradarshak
Pradarshak

Posted: 30 January 2009 at 10:00pm | IP Logged
Shahrukh said it best  'So what they named the character "Slumdog", you are forgetting the "Millioniare" attached to it!"  hahaha.....Well said Sharukh Clap!!!!!!

Ekei boley "Juto merey goru daan kora!"
angelic_devil IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 30 January 2009 at 10:15pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
return_to_hades IF-Veteran Member
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 30 January 2009 at 10:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Pradarshak

Originally posted by return_to_hades

So thats what they call it these days. po*n. Good to see the Times Of London is upping its reporting levels to compete with the Daily Sun.

I wonder who will host this years Oscars. Its a bummer that they wont reveal the host this year, because the host is the only thing I usually tune into the Oscars for. Its like a movie being ruined because you missed the previews. I think  I liked Slumdog because I got to see some excellent previews before it. People who dislike Slumdog were denied of Good previews.

Seen/read  good previews/reviews for about a month or so before the GG and was highly curious to watch the movie. It was a disappointment, a damp squib. Nowhere it turned to be an intellectual film nor it had any good punch. The climax was like ...any lame person with no such knowledge could have written that, guessing the name of Three Musketeers and winning the prize.

I hope you caught the correlation between good previews and good movies. Just how some people rate their movies. Wink

But OMG public spoiler. You should have posted a warning.

But I agree with you. Not with the fact you dislike the movie, because I personally love it. But for the first time in the longest time I have seen someone critique Slumdog for its face value - for being a movie. You have no idea how you have made my day. It makes me take comfort in the fact that there still exists a world where people go to the movies to watch movies, and like it or dislike it based on their expectations of a movie. A heartfelt thank you for being the first person to diss the movie, like a movie watcher would.

apux IF-Rockerz
apux
apux

Posted: 31 January 2009 at 1:07am | IP Logged
I simply loved SDM.  Whether it deserves the Oscar for best picture, I really can't answer that because I haven't seen the other movies in that category.  SDM really is a crowd pleaser.  Everyone started clapping at the theater I went to.  The actual love story was a bit of a strech though, but c'mmon all Indians believe in true loveLOL  As for the depiction of slums, what is wrong with it?  Is it not reality? Why no objections from other countries when movies depicts the harher truths of their slum lives?  Would we have the same reaction if the director wasn't British, but Indian?  So how would you guys like the story to be from a child who lived in the slums?  People are finding offense because they say it makes Indains look bad.  I disagree.  This can be depicted in any country where the economics are really horrible.  Would all the things that happen in Jamal's life happened if he were in China? Maybe.  How about in Russia? Sure, why not.  Hardships trancends all cultures and races.  Everyone likes rooting for the underdog!  
rogna IF-Rockerz
rogna
rogna

Posted: 31 January 2009 at 9:44pm | IP Logged
if the movie is good enough to win oscar award then why not.

Go to top