Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Is Slumdog Millionaire worth of winning OSCAR? (Page 5)

TallyHo IF-Rockerz
TallyHo
TallyHo

Posted: 26 January 2009 at 10:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Academy has a trend for awarding the other side of the tracks. Btw I think Bollywood won with Chicago - I mean its like just any Hindi movie, so were My Fair Lady, West Side Story, Sound of Music. All this reminds me I really do miss the musical era.

I think Ekta Kapoor might have also won with Gone with the Wind.

At this point I am starting to think frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.

Oscar Smoskar whatever, As long as they make movies, I'll keep coming back for more. February 6th Fanboys will be out, and I would pick a fanboy over Ash any day.

Dont be too sure about that one....you have to remember she would have punctuated the whole story with recent Bollywood hit songs and imagine the gayatri mantra paying the background all the while!Wink

I just wish the guy who played the youngest Jamal would win something...he was awesome!!!
crossroads7 Senior Member

Posted: 27 January 2009 at 3:59am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
Huduga Senior Member
Huduga
Huduga

Posted: 27 January 2009 at 8:42pm | IP Logged
i saw benjamin button. that is so different love story.  i liked that too. Both of these are so different but so lovely.
yeah SM deserves to be nominee. if u see this movie being as a passive audience, u won't feel the message of life.

i have yet to see, other three movies too. so can't say much now.

Well. Forst/Nixon , i am not going to feel and understand that movie, the subject is different.
----
By the way, Benjamin button visits  India  in that movie :-)

Edited by Huduga - 27 January 2009 at 8:54pm
return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 27 January 2009 at 10:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by TallyHo

Academy has a trend for awarding the other side of the tracks. Btw I think Bollywood won with Chicago - I mean its like just any Hindi movie, so were My Fair Lady, West Side Story, Sound of Music. All this reminds me I really do miss the musical era.

Oscar Smoskar whatever, As long as they make movies, I'll keep coming back for more. February 6th Fanboys will be out, and I would pick a fanboy over Ash any day.

Dont be too sure about that one....you have to remember she would have punctuated the whole story with recent Bollywood hit songs and imagine the gayatri mantra paying the background all the while!Wink

I just wish the guy who played the youngest Jamal would win something...he was awesome!!!

Oh yes and thats why I think Gone with the Wind is made for Ekta, It is filled with points begging to get K-puncd. (An Ekta Kapoor punctuation). A resounding special effect sound for every Scarlett O hara slap shot in multiple angles and shown a zillion times over. The two dead husbands. All the love quadrilaterals. I just wait for the day Ekta makes a ten year long soap. Other than that I always imagine Passion of the Christ as an Indian soap. One month for each time James Caviezel falls.

As for young Jamal - Too bad most western award ceremonies dont do anything for child stars, other than make them troubled child stars. Maybe Bollywood can give him some special award for encouragement.
TallyHo IF-Rockerz
TallyHo
TallyHo

Posted: 28 January 2009 at 1:17am | IP Logged

Originally posted by TallyHo

Oh yes and thats why I think Gone with the Wind is made for Ekta, It is filled with points begging to get K-puncd. (An Ekta Kapoor punctuation). A resounding special effect sound for every Scarlett O hara slap shot in multiple angles and shown a zillion times over. The two dead husbands. All the love quadrilaterals. I just wait for the day Ekta makes a ten year long soap. Other than that I always imagine Passion of the Christ as an Indian soap. One month for each time James Caviezel falls.

As for young Jamal - Too bad most western award ceremonies dont do anything for child stars, other than make them troubled child stars. Maybe Bollywood can give him some special award for encouragement.
Ekta, if she did read this, must be in pre production already...any suggestions for Scarlet O hara's Indian substitute?? LOL
return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 28 January 2009 at 6:48pm | IP Logged
If Ekta makes this I want royalties for the idea. Keep an eye out for Gone with the wind desi version - I want my money
angelic_devil IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 28 January 2009 at 9:20pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
Huduga Senior Member
Huduga
Huduga

Posted: 28 January 2009 at 9:24pm | IP Logged
i don't know the criteria too :-(

i saw benjamin button, and sm,
and i don't know, how to compare.

Edited by Huduga - 28 January 2009 at 9:28pm

Go to top