Debate Mansion

Is Slumdog Millionaire worth of winning OSCAR? (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 25

realitybites

realitybites

Posted: 25 January 2009 at 1:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ashoka_was_king

Originally posted by realitybites

I agree Rehman has given better music, infact for Delhi6 the music is better but then thats not a British film nah! lol

Well,
a biased way of looking at all this is

"an indian not at his best is good enough for 3 oscar nominations"LOL
LOLvery well putClapClap. I wonder how the lyrics sound in english version of the movie? In promos here its in Hindi only. In the book the boy learns English while working at Australian Consulate but in the movie he knows it.Confused.

There are protests in Patna over wrongful representation of poverty in IndiaLOL.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Is Slumdog Millionaire worth of winning OSCAR? (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 25 January 2009 at 1:15pm | IP Logged

LOLvery well putClapClap. I wonder how the lyrics sound in english version of the movie? In promos here its in Hindi only. In the book the boy learns English while working at Australian Consulate but in the movie he knows it.Confused.

There are protests in Patna over wrongful representation of poverty in IndiaLOL.

thanks you ji Smile

i guess "jai ho " is in hindi only

well from what i know ,
in the book , the name of the character is also a mixture of 3 religions , here it is only 1 religion
and the explanation given was that

the intellectual thought the author had in mind , might work well for the book ,
but it didn't click as a film idea to the people behind SDM

Cry babies seem to be jobless at the moment ,
or indeed ironically ,
they seemed to have found a job nowLOL

Edited by ashoka_was_king - 25 January 2009 at 1:18pm

realitybites

realitybites

Posted: 25 January 2009 at 1:22pm | IP Logged

thanks you ji Smile

i guess "jai ho " is in hindi only

well from what i know ,
in the book , the name of the character is also a mixture of 3 religions , here it is only 1 religion
and the explanation given was that

the intellectual thought the author had in mind , might work well for the book ,
but it didn't click as a film idea to the people behind SDM

Cry babies seem to be jobless at the moment ,
or indeed ironically ,
they seemed to have found a job nowLOL

Oh ok, thanks. I think the person benefitting most is the author of Q&A!LOLLOL His book is selling. And he isnt being criticised too. May be he will get a booker for itWink 

Yes yeah new jobLOL in these times of recession!

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 25 January 2009 at 1:28pm | IP Logged

Oh ok, thanks. I think the person benefitting most is the author of Q&A!LOLLOL His book is selling. And he isnt being criticised too. May be he will get a booker for itWink 

Yup
He must be enjoying the limelight ,
especially since light is scarce in the jungles of africa LOLLOL
(he is India's Deputy High Commissioner to South Africa)

realitybites

realitybites

Posted: 25 January 2009 at 1:34pm | IP Logged

Yup
He must be enjoying the limelight ,
especially since light is scarce in the jungles of africa LOLLOL
(he is India's Deputy High Commissioner to South Africa)
I am sure his next book wld be eagerly awaited and may be other prospective Oscar aspirants queue up for the rights. I do hopeWink its not destined to be on AfricaLOLLOL

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 25 January 2009 at 1:37pm | IP Logged

I am sure his next book wld be eagerly awaited and may be other prospective Oscar aspirants queue up for the rights. I do hopeWink its not destined to be on AfricaLOLLOL

it wouldn't be on Africa ,
he'd be fed up of those monstrous jungles LOL

as far as i know it is supposedly going to be a fictional story set in europe and the like

realitybites

realitybites

Posted: 25 January 2009 at 2:04pm | IP Logged

it wouldn't be on Africa ,
he'd be fed up of those monstrous jungles LOL

as far as i know it is supposedly going to be a fictional story set in europe and the like
Thank God for small merciesLOL. Hope this time some Indian Banner ( YashR or SurajB)takes the rights and makes it ala bollywood style. I am sure the European audience wld appreciate itEmbarrassedWink

Edited by realitybites - 25 January 2009 at 2:05pm

tina59

IF-Rockerz

tina59

Posted: 26 January 2009 at 9:52am | IP Logged
I def think SD will win a lot of oscars and ARR is def bringing the oscar home this time. The movie will win not bcoz of slums being shown which is a total misconception. Its bcoz of its treatment and the brilliant script and the way its taken combining a reality show and a person's real life experiences.

As for TZP not making the cut, in India, it might have been a unique concept which has never been touched before but in america there are and have been several moves made to show such kind of movies.

Also the way they showed hostel life esp boarding school life gave a total wrong impression evident when aamir came as a guest in srgmp and several people spoke abt how they as a parent felt so bad leaving their kids in boarding schools and after seeing the movie borught them back, thats ridiculous and a complete wrong picture and understanding of the movie.

as for SD, hope it wins many oscars, I am rooting for it , go SD

Post Reply New Post

Go to top