Debate Mansion

Is Slumdog Millionaire worth of winning OSCAR? (Page 21)

Post Reply New Post

Page 21 of 25

Dabulls23

IF-Stunnerz

Dabulls23

Posted: 22 February 2009 at 11:54pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gauri_3

Originally posted by Dabulls23

^^^^^^  U shameless creature u.....LOL

SUkhi was not there....

Yes ARR did sing Jai ho and the other song which is a back ground song...saaye  something....

LOL LOL Hug

Will surely catch ARR tw.  After reading your and RTH's posts, looking forward to see Jamal Jr. as well. 

Awwwwwwwww  Hug  Your lovely rear end Embarrassed is required pronto in SRGMP sec to take care of business LOL

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Is Slumdog Millionaire worth of winning OSCAR? (Page 21)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 23 February 2009 at 12:02am | IP Logged
ARR is cool as a cucumber

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 23 February 2009 at 12:04am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 23 February 2009 at 12:07am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gauri_3

[  Hope our GURia rani is behaving thereLOL

I have made sure thats what he has to do LOL

-KingAragorn-

IF-Sizzlerz

-KingAragorn-

Posted: 23 February 2009 at 7:15am | IP Logged
Hundreds of good movies are not even reviewed for nomination. So, winning the Oscar isn't that important. An Oscar winning movie may not actually be one of the top ten movies of the year.

Slumdog has bagged 8! That's nice!. But better movies have been made. I will watch the movie and give my opinion. One thing I don't have any doubt about is AR Rehman. That guy always creates magic. He deserves it.

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Posted: 23 February 2009 at 8:05am | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Aww Little Jamal, his eyes were shining, soaking in every memory. He looked so genuinely happy. This is a memory that will stay with him for life. No matter what any of us think in the past 18 pages and countless other topics - it was worth winning for those innocent eyes - well beyond worth winning really.

Quality of a movie - Debatable
Tearing a movie to bits - Debatable
Depictions and Motivations - Debatable

A child's memory of a lifetime - Unquestionable and priceless.

Beautifully said!

I was SO touched to watch the kids on stage finally! THEY are the true heroes of this movie! And little Jamaal is the CUTEST thing ever!

U-No-Poo

IF-Sizzlerz

U-No-Poo

Posted: 23 February 2009 at 8:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by stingray

Hundreds of good movies are not even reviewed for nomination. So, winning the Oscar isn't that important. An Oscar winning movie may not actually be one of the top ten movies of the year.  Totally, It doesn't have to be.

Slumdog has bagged 8! That's nice!. But better movies have been made. I will watch the movie and give my opinion. One thing I don't have any doubt about is AR Rehman. That guy always creates magic. He deserves it.  I think you should first watch the film & then comment. No one here claims that it is the best film ever. But It is one of them, IMO.

AsliiGuy

IF-Dazzler

AsliiGuy

Posted: 23 February 2009 at 8:36am | IP Logged
So happy,

I am glad the underdog rose to the top!

it proves that story wins over anything, wins over high expensive CG, high expensive sets etc..

Story makes the $$$...

Post Reply New Post

Go to top