Debate Mansion

Is Slumdog Millionaire worth of winning OSCAR? (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 25

Page 1
Page   of 25
Page 3 Page 25

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 25 January 2009 at 11:03am | IP Logged
TZP is an excellent movie, I would say one of the finest movies made in Bollywood in recent times. In fact in my personal opinion TZP rates higher than SDM.

Unfortunately, in many western countries children are coddled to the extent that under achievement and mis achievement are allowed as a part of a child's individuality. It is impossible for them to wrap their heads around such a system where teachers, parents and peers are so harsh on a child. Amidst our friends who watched the movie Indians and Asians were the ones who could understand the burden of expectations. While Americans were touched and cried too, it was harder for them to understand the Indian education system.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Is Slumdog Millionaire worth of winning OSCAR? (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 25 January 2009 at 11:44am | IP Logged
btw
Danny Boyle praised TZP , and aamir

(Danny's daughter is also dylexic)

Another thing,
which movie deserves what........and questions like these

have we ever thought as to whether we deserve to make a specific decision regarding such topics........

We are entitled to an opinion, but more importantly , specifically in such cases,
we should not have very rigid , narrowed down choices/mindset
There are a lot of factors involved, some of which we might not be aware of even remotely.........
And even more importantly , which ever movie wins whatever,
it is we and only we as individuals who know the effect of a  movie on ourself
So , if a particular movie strikes a cord with our heart,
the movie has won an oscar for us...........thats all that matters........rather thats all that should matterhttp://www.google.com/images/firefox/light.gif

realitybites

realitybites

Posted: 25 January 2009 at 12:21pm | IP Logged
I think that Slumdog is getting the accolades for its presentation. The molding is significant. It must touch our heart and wrench out the emotions. Sadly TZP was lacking in the portrayal or scripting. The concept was good, actors fine but the way they build the story was poor. The emotions of parents, child and actual problems faced instead of half baked scenes centering around the child and other kids interspersed with songs. I think Indian directors need to frame the content well. There is no dearth of issues or talent.

Abt winning I want Rehman to win as an Indian. That wld be Individual glory but well deserved.

Edited by realitybites - 25 January 2009 at 12:23pm

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 25 January 2009 at 12:38pm | IP Logged
I also want A R to win
Dunno whether he deserves the award for these songs or not
I find almost all his tunes rocking , specially those in recent memory

But then , i do not go into technicality of music ,
for me , its just about catchy tuneshttp://www.whattablast.com/thumbnails/chicken_dancing.gif
, and maybe some experimentation with instruments
http://project-5.com/board/images/smiles/piano1.gif  http://www.multimadness.de/gfx/wmann_guitar.gifhttp://www.comicguide.net/images/smilies/geige.gif

realitybites

realitybites

Posted: 25 January 2009 at 12:45pm | IP Logged
I agree Rehman has given better music, infact for Delhi6 the music is better but then thats not a British film nah! lol

gin_ger_ale

Groupbie

gin_ger_ale

Posted: 25 January 2009 at 12:56pm | IP Logged
SDM is an average movie. It is neither great nor bad. The child actors were awesome. It was surreal when all of a sudden all the characters spoke in English and that too the lead with a slight British accent. I agree that it had to cater to the British/American audiences. For me, it didn't do much. Also, the scene where the American couple donates money was funny!LOL

The movie Titanic had lavish sets, editing was good but it also received the Oscar for Best Picture. IMHO, it wasn't a great movie either. It all depends on personal choice. Anyway, award or no award depends on the jury.Smile

Edited by gin_ger_ale - 25 January 2009 at 12:57pm

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 25 January 2009 at 12:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by realitybites

I agree Rehman has given better music, infact for Delhi6 the music is better but then thats not a British film nah! lol

Well,
a biased way of looking at all this is

"an indian not at his best is good enough for 3 oscar nominations"LOL

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 25 January 2009 at 12:59pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by gin_ger_ale

The movie Titanic had lavish sets, editing was good but it also received the Oscar for Best Picture. IMHO, it wasn't a great movie either. It all depends on personal choice. Anyway, award or no award depends on the jury.Smile

i agree

oscars don't have any people 's choice awards no ??LOL

Post Reply New Post

Go to top