Page 1
Page   of 10
Page 2 Page 10

OodlesDoodles

IF-Veteran Member

OodlesDoodles

Posted: 23 January 2009 at 9:32am | IP Logged
Hi All,

How are you all doing ?Wishing you all a happy New Year. Hope you are all having a great year.

We like to begin with thanking you all for being patient and working with us as we went through the growing pains of the new layout for IF . I am aware that the change was huge and not what you may have been expecting but hopefully now you have been able to adapt it.In this new year IF also has a lot of new and exciting changes and features that  will better your experience with  IF.  As always we have kept your feedback in mind when we try to bring out these enhancements but sometimes coding and technology limit features .

MY POST FEATURE

• We have currently added a MY Posts feature which is next to your Private Message Link on the top right of the page. If you click on the link you will see that it brings up a page with all the topics either that has been started or you have replied.
  • Next to the Topic subject you will see a Direct Link  beside which you will see numbers. These numbers  will directly now take you to your posts . Depending on the number of replies you have posted you will see that many numbers beside the direct link and the numbers are just the Post IDs . Another cool feature is if you have your mouse pointed on the post id hyperlink you will also get to know the time and date the post was made.I am sure you will like this as this will help you to not have to  rummage through pages to find your post.
  • Also if you are looking for just the posts made in a particular forum , next to forum heading on this page you will find a Filter button and clicking that will narrow the posts for a particular section.

I am sure you will love this as it will really help you to find your topics of interest easily and enhance your discussions. We have always appreciated feedback and again request that you provide us with constructive feedback so that we can make IF better and bigger.

Thanks
IF Dev Team

Edited by priya.nair - 23 January 2009 at 10:17am

The following 81 member(s) liked the above post:

vijayAahaanaAnsMalikdiya_1987Sadaf.khoya chandCardeniaGurnish_sami01muaaz*angel94*umrao_jaanmayur_rox123ashi.1greensakthiraj5000LeadNitraterups2408-amruta-Payal25starasdfprinceznaHiba282-kavita-Vineeta92pyaar_siya~~*Anjali*~~komalashanjali83192Jaslovemich09smartleo_waloAhlaam5Dark Lovesania_12CeruleanSkymaitri505fire_woman-Imu.M-luv_paviSweet_KandyVeeeDeeeBollywood_chicnetra_ramaLittle Footxmanishasankadevi30In-Sanity-Triv-JC--Ravjot--Gaganjot-minuu-Anaya-ramasatinakhushixsweet_shagun-Nadii-Catwoman*Piku*-aditi-soni595subha2601set_rajKaran.Tnidha1983Jasmine...ROFLOLkal-elrojapooooU-No-PooashmiiFreshDaisyManusha_Divz-Veena--Ms.Wildcherry-OnlyHopeVinzy*Simran*star_fan-Cherry-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "NEW FEATURE - My Posts" in Rules & Announcements forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

vijay

Admin Group

vijay

Site Admin

Posted: 23 January 2009 at 9:34am | IP Logged
Thanks Priya for explaining it so nicely Smile

Cheers,
Vijay

Edited by vijay - 23 January 2009 at 9:39am

Cute_Tulip

IF-Veteran Member

General Discussions

Posted: 23 January 2009 at 9:46am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

-Gaganjot-

IF-Veteran Member

-Gaganjot-

Posted: 23 January 2009 at 9:47am | IP Logged
Thank you Priya di!!
This is wonderful!!

so when we click on my post it will show you all the threads you replied in
the little long numbers below that tell you on which pages you replied within that post?

So what is the purpose of the direct link icon on every post?
Does it serve some kind of purpose?

OodlesDoodles

IF-Veteran Member

OodlesDoodles

Posted: 23 January 2009 at 10:11am | IP Logged
Originally posted by anon

Great feature - thanks for this. 

Is it possible to only select a couple of forums whose replies you want to see rather than narrowing them down one by one?

Also is it also possible to do this kind of search on other people's posts - like the old forum search?

Saira i guess we will need to wait for the search feature for that Embarrassed

OodlesDoodles

IF-Veteran Member

OodlesDoodles

Posted: 23 January 2009 at 10:16am | IP Logged
Gagan have answered in Blue
Originally posted by gaganjotsooch

Thank you Priya di!!
This is wonderful!!

so when we click on my post it will show you all the threads you replied in
YES 

the little long numbers below that tell you on which pages you replied within that post?
No those numbers are actually post ids and if you move your mouse over them they will tell you the date and time you made the post. If you click on the number will directly take you to the page where you posted instead of the first page and then you having to search for your post

So what is the purpose of the direct link icon on every post? Direct Link just tells you the link to your post and if you have posted more than once you will have multiple numbers there
Does it serve some kind of purpose?
You don't have to search now anymore for your posts especially if the topics have 40-50 pages

Edited by priya.nair - 23 January 2009 at 10:20am

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 23 January 2009 at 10:16am | IP Logged
This is fantastic feature, I love it... it will be so handy for many and many of our members here. ClapClap 

Tomiko

IF-Sizzlerz

Tomiko

Posted: 23 January 2009 at 10:24am | IP Logged

I LOVE this feature!Big smile

Post Reply New Post

Go to top