Debate Mansion

Another Bad Divorce - Kidney Settlement?

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 22 January 2009 at 10:57pm | IP Logged
A New York surgeon and his wife of 15 years are getting divorced. Turns out, his wife was cheating on him. During their marriage, the husband donated his kidney to his wife, and now as per the divorce, he is demanding the kidney back, or a $1.5 million compensation.

Here's a link to a more detailed article: http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local&id=6591415

Is this man's mind sickeningly twisted or is he justified in the claim, seeing how his wife cheated on him?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

return_to_hades

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Another Bad Divorce - Kidney Settlement?" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 22 January 2009 at 11:17pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Huduga

Huduga

Posted: 23 January 2009 at 1:59am | IP Logged
based on above three lines.

i wud have asked him, what were u thinking that time.

i love u, so i am giving kidney to u.
u love me, so i am giving kidney to u.

And i think, it is abt "donating the kidney". so 'donate' is the keyword too.
------
Well as this case is real one, can't say much without knowing the details. And i won't read the details too.
-----

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 23 January 2009 at 7:36pm | IP Logged
When someone you love betrays you, there is an immense feeling of being hurt. Part of being hurt badly involves a deeper darker desire to hurt the other person back, to wish them harm. However, this is just wishful thinking on behalf of people.

Actually, his actions make me really question his role and intent in the marriage. Did he truly love his wife - or was the marriage an arrangement - a give and take contractual deal. If he claims to have no regrets at donating the kidney, why demand it back or compensation. It is like saying I love you, as long as you love me back. Worse why go public with it at all. Is getting the money or kidney back such a big deal that you had to tell everyone about it, or is it this some misplaced way of gaining sympathy.

I'm not a man so I cannot say anything from the male POV to support his actions. But from a female perspective there is a lot more to a marriage than being a man, a husband, a provider and a lover. It is about being a friend, a BFF, an emotional companion too who connects with the heart and spirit. When you start treating your marriage like a contractual relationship - when you start treating your marriage like a system where I do this if you do this - then you are on a downhil path.

Bottom line when you give out of love or compassion, simply give. Expecting a return instantly demeans the purity of the emotion.

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 23 January 2009 at 8:23pm | IP Logged
i think she should pay him the money or get admited d to a hospital.. - in this country.. dirty problems have dirty solutions.....and that man is playing by the rules...i am notsure its part of his prenup or something similar in which case the woman would not have a chance....

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 23 January 2009 at 8:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Bottom line when you give out of love or compassion, simply give. Expecting a return instantly demeans the purity of the emotion.

when relationship itself becomes demeaning.. everything else is just going through the motions legally or otherwise....Most people dont know what is true love.. and some who dont know propagate simplistic version of the same as  a result creating further trivial situations...

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 23 January 2009 at 10:11pm | IP Logged
My understanding is that she cheated on him after receiving the kidney, demanded a divorce,.ShockedBut I think its a publicity  stunt...I think He's not going to get anything bcos half his organs are legally hers anyway...SmileOther news i read...dog bites manTongue

*king*

IF-Dazzler

*king*

Posted: 23 January 2009 at 10:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Believe

My understanding is that she cheated on him after receiving the kidney, demanded a divorce,.ShockedBut I think its a publicity  stunt...I think He's not going to get anything bcos half his organs are legally hers anyway...SmileOther news i read...dog bites manTongue

dear it wud have been news if it wud have been man bites dog.

ps: by the way nuvvu udaykiran fan vaa?Shocked

*king*

Edited by *king* - 23 January 2009 at 10:52pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top