Evaluating Obama's Tenure (Page 5)

qwertyesque IF-Rockerz
qwertyesque
qwertyesque

Posted: 07 February 2009 at 10:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by raj5000

Originally posted by Gauri_3

Originally posted by raj5000

..............Why was he NOT owning the bill?? and could not say he beleives in it 100% and if anything goes wrong he would take full responsibility and stand by it........................

Because he can't!  The dude is NOT known for making tough calls or for his decision making.  All he is known, so far is, for his packaging and delivering well written speeches. 

He is looking ways to disown this very same bill if something goes wrong in the future.  This is precisely why he was seeking the Reps' blessings.  So that he can stand on that podium, wage that finger of his and claim he is not to be blamed here because republicans thought it was a workable package as well!  This should tell us how much faith he himself has in the proposed stimulus package.

Security was a top concern after 9/11 and people often blame Bush to play the fear card to get his way around senate.  Well, economy is the top concern right now and we are seeing Obama going down the same path Bush take - trying to bully his way around the house and the senate by playing the fear card all over again.  Where is the change when he is resorting to very same strategies he badmouthed Bush for?

He keeps harping on how he inherited a mess in yesterday's speech.  Well, did he not know what he is inheriting when he was fighting tooth and nail for this positionLOL  Tell us something new Mr. President!  For a change, please tell us something we have not heard alreadyLOL
LOL .. Seriously with all due respect he is one of the best orator / speaker, did you notice (yes, once again) his facial expressions, timely pauses while talking to the house last night...for once even I felt felt keeping thoses barbells down and clappingWinkLOL but then...*cough* .. is there are one word term for all about personality with no substance disorder? Wink

he is not a good orator..... he speaks alot...but doesnt connect....so it sounds more like mamta bannerji's babble... yet both of them impress the Jonta......LOL
bheegi IF-Sizzlerz
bheegi
bheegi

Posted: 07 February 2009 at 12:21pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by gauri_3

Because he can't!  The dude is NOT known for making tough calls or for his decision making.  All he is known, so far is, for his packaging and delivering well written speeches. 

He is looking ways to disown this very same bill if something goes wrong in the future.  This is precisely why he was seeking the Reps' blessings.  So that he can stand on that podium, wage that finger of his and claim he is not to be blamed here because republicans thought it was a workable package as well!  This should tell us how much faith he himself has in the proposed stimulus package.

Security was a top concern after 9/11 and people often blame Bush to play the fear card to get his way around senate.  Well, economy is the top concern right now and we are seeing Obama going down the same path Bush take - trying to bully his way around the house and the senate by playing the fear card all over again.  Where is the change when he is resorting to very same strategies he badmouthed Bush for?

He keeps harping on how he inherited a mess in yesterday's speech.  Well, did he not know what he is inheriting when he was fighting tooth and nail for this positionLOL  Tell us something new Mr. President!  For a change, please tell us something we have not heard alreadyLOL

Well, well Gauri, I am going to differ here with your views. It's been only 3 weeks since Obama has been president and you've already written him off?

In his defense, I will point out 3 decisions/statements from him which prove that he can be a good, honest and truthful leader.

1. 'I screwed up" How many politicians do we know have the guts to admit that? And that too, in the initial honeymoon period of his presidency? Bush did admit to some mistakes he made during the presidency like his 'mission accomplished' statement after the Iraq war, but that admission of mistake came years later when he was about to leave office. Everyone makes mistakes but having the guts to admit to it on national TV makes Obama more human and gives credence to his whole 'transparent' government theory. It's not his fault that the cabinet appointees had failed their tax records. I bet if one goes down deeper, a number of senators and prominent politicians would have tax loop holes.

2. "It's shameful" When he scorned at the executives of the big financial companies for taking big bonuses from the bail out when the rest of the country is in recession. Kudos to Obama for having the guts to say it in their face. It's these wall street executives who have brought this country into a financial mess and I am glad Obama reprimanded them for their callousness and selfishness. I doubt any Republican leader would ever do that. After all, they believe in complete free market without regulations.

3. He recently passed the universal child health insurance bill (SCHIP) so that no child in this country would be without health insurance. And where does this money come from? Increasing the tax on cigarettes! Aaha this is called kill two birds with one stone! The republicans and tobacco industry is of course all livid with Obama about this. Obama stated clearly that it is a shame that a developed country like the US should have kids without access to health care.

Now, in 3 weeks, this is quite an accomplishment. Not to mention, closing the Guantenamo prison and talking about withdrawing troops from Iraq where peaceful elections just took place.

As for the fact that he is trying to get the republicans to sign on the senate bill, well a bill of such national interest should have a bipartisan stamp on it. If he ignores the oppoistion, eh would be labelled a dictator. He is a democratic leader and wants to make sure everyone is coinvinced before such a massive bill is passed.

Phew....I had never debated in school or college before but am loving this...

ciao..
Gauri_3 IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 07 February 2009 at 12:50pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
Gauri_3 IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 07 February 2009 at 12:53pm | IP Logged

Gauri_3 IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 07 February 2009 at 1:01pm | IP Logged

*Woh Ajnabee* IF-Sizzlerz
*Woh Ajnabee*
*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 07 February 2009 at 1:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gauri_3

Glad to see a full house against me hereLOL  Later babes.  Gotta run to my yoga class now.  Weekends are usually pretty hectic.  Will definitely address your points on MondaySmile

I really hope you get hooked to debating at our DM.  It's lot of fun actuallySmile

What are you doing? Is it your mission in life to help increase other people's levels of procrastination? LOLLOL
Do you enjoy it when you go to yoga class knowing that I'm sitting here avoiding reading the chapters and chapters of textbook pages that have been piled up from the last three weeks? LOL
STOP your recruiting Gauri di, its not cool, you're brainwashing others --- you make it sound like an awesome, intellectual journey, and although its a blast, we're addicted. Geez woman. What is all that juice-making doing to you? ROFL
raj5000 Moderator
raj5000
raj5000

Posted: 07 February 2009 at 9:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by qwertyesque

he is not a good orator..... he speaks alot...but doesnt connect....so it sounds more like mamta bannerji's babble... yet both of them impress the Jonta......LOL
LOLLOL Yaar, thats is the only good thing that can be said and u are taking that away too..NOT fairWink nah serious he does have a nak to connect to imed. audiences... anyways..for now enjoy his dance...likeable

AreYaar IF-Addictz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 07 February 2009 at 9:21pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by qwertyesque

I actually agree.....I find it a bit funny when ppl keep touting his oratory skills....he is not a technically good speaker....his words don't usually flow....he takes long stilted pauses many times....but despite all that, he still manages to connect with the audience....because there is a sincerity in the way that he talks....that I find rare in most politicians today....plus I like his sense of humorLOL

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Debate Mansion Topic Index

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index