Page 3 of 6

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 6
Page 4 Page 6

socalgirl

Groupbie

socalgirl

Posted: 18 October 2005 at 1:22pm | IP Logged
Do u cry when u watch movies or serials or anything... :- Yes Priya, i do cry during watching movies if it gets very emotional, but during serials if dramatic moment comes i really laugh, dont ask me why? may be cause when watching movie i m completely one tracked and during serial there is many things happening around me to minimise any drama.

Did u study in Mumbai, which college.... ( I am from Podar) :- I am from SNDT.

What used to be your favourite eating joint in Mumbai.
I used to love to eat at Sardar Pavbhaji,(I still d0) during my time Razzbarry's Rhinoceros was happening disco so i used to go there every afternoon, Restaurant opposite this club Salt and Pepper is my favourite for Kababs. I loved eating Chinese at a run down place in Malad (W) called Uncles Kitchen and i loved eating Sevpuri,sandwich and Vadapav outside my college. Wink

How many times have u watched Dilwale Dulhaniya on screen or on video :- On screen i have seen it about 7 times and On video let me see, I washed up one VHS tape watching this movie and then i bought VCD which too we used it completely and then my sister is married to a guy who has cable t.v business, so he used to keep VCD's on rent and we used his VCD to watch this movie and finished that, after tht now i have bough DVD for this movie. So over all i think i have seen this movie more than 130-140 times. Crazy huh....

What about Pretty woman. How many times have u seen the movie. :- This movie i saw only 2 times when in mumbai. But since the time i came here. I just keep seeing it. As Once in 3 months they are showing this movie on some or the other channel and they show it 3 days straight back to back 2 times a day. so Fri,Sat,sun 2 times back to back i watch it all 6 times. Wink my husband gets crazy and leaves me alone to watch and goes up to the bedroom to either read or watch some news. so i think i have seen this one about 25 times so far.

Here it goes for Bluepink:-

1. what or who is vina 10 years from now.:- 10 years from now i m sure all i m gonna be doing is some job and be a good mom to Rishi. As after 10 years he would be in school. and also in to lots of activity like swim,Games, and Other activities. So all i would do is drive him around from one place to other and be his driver. I m pretty calm now, not as ambitious as i used to be in college or school. and specially after Rishi's birth i ve become more calm and leaning toward raising him well than doing anything else. So i think all i will do is take care of my home,hubby and baby.

2. what was the most embarrasing situation you been in?:- Off the hand i do not recall any yet. But will surely think and let you know in couple of days. Big smile

3. do you drink? not water.:- YES, i love to drink Pineapple/Mango flavoured Rum, Chocolate Martini, Smoky whisky called Laphroag, or Sweet Italian wine called Lambrusco. I also like cocktail called Cosmopolitine, Pinacolada. But i rarely get drunk as i drink responsibly so since the day i started drinking at the age 18 i ve only got completely drunk 2 times so far.

4. who is your idol? My idol would be My Mom, MY Hubby and my Brother in Law.

My mom is very very balanced, sensible and has patience of saint. I have learn to keep patience from her. She has really handled her self well during all the problem in her life. She was even strong during my dads affair and decided tht he should leave. But keep good relation with all of us. Today he had good relation with us as well as my mom goes to meet him and his family and stays with them for a week or so and she is handling that also very gracefully.

My husband is one person i can punch like a punch bag, get all my frustation out and he still will be calm and tell me so are you done, then lets go n eat something. He is very responsible and hardworking. And works even harder to keep me n rishi happy. To tell you the truth to keep me happy is really challanging job as i m capable to showing mistakes even in perfect things, but he manages to keep me happy and i think its great achivement.

My Brother in law (my younger sisters Hubby Vijay) is one emotional person and always always always there to help any one in need. Be it any relative or even the person he has met only one time. Trust me if some one meets him once and next time calls him when they need something he will be right there to help. Be it financial help or anyother he is always there to help everyone. I have seen him helping our very very distant relatives just becase they r related to us. He is a Gem.

I think calling Gandhi or any great personality Idol is kind of politician thing. I would much rather prefer a person i ve seen in my life doing good things be my IDOL.

Here for Sweet Anisha:-

ne skooldays wacky crush:- You know sweety during my time of school, we really didnt know how to flirt till you come in 8th grade or so, and when i came in 8th i was more worried about my looks and showing my self very fashionable than having crush on a guy, so i really didnt give any thought to having crush all i would think is improve my looks as i looked like ugly duckling till then. with Oil in hair with 2 pony and black lace.eeeeeeeee...... all i did was look in mirror and imporve on looks and cloth to an extent tht i went to fashion designing course to learn how to dress right after my 10th grade.

#2 the most goofiest incident of ur life :- this also i do not recall but promise you to let you know after i give it a thought. (ok i remember it right now so here it goes. Taking lifts from complete strangers to go to some pub or disco due to lack of money in our own pocket is the most goofiest things i have done. Given a choice i would never ever do that again.)

#3      ur greatest fantasy :- Ooooooooooohhhhhhhh it used to be getting married to Salman Khan. Trust me that was my biggest fantasy. I always belived that one day i will meet salman and we will fall in love and get married...... how stupid...... Embarrassed

This is for Vazz:-

Do you plan on going back to the same field you were in, before you had your baby? :- Yes, i think i might go the same place to work next year or so. As the best thing about working there is i can go anytime between 6.00am to 8.00pm. There is no fixed time. All i have to do is fill my 8 hours. No matter how i do it. Infact even 8 hour is not compulsary. All they care is i finish my 40 hours a week. Whichever way i do is my problem. So with a Baby at home this job is gonna be blessing for me.

Can you relate to the TV serials that are shown on these channels? :- Except Kasshish, i do not relate to any other show. All other show are way too dramatic and i do not belive that this kind of thing happens in real life. A bit of terrorist stuff, can be real but surely not close to life.

How often do you get to visit India? :- I came to US in 2003 March and went back to india same year in Dec. after that this year Dec will be first time i m gonna visit. Means after 2 years. And more or less it is the way its gonna be visitng india once in 2 years is most likely gonna happen. Unless there is some Occasion or incident.

Sorry.. if I missed this .. .what is your baby's name?
My Baby's name is RISHI. Smile

Edited by socalgirl - 18 October 2005 at 7:57pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Member of the week - socalgirl (Page 3)" in Kasshish (Kashish) forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

*Shona*

IF-Veteran Member

*Shona*

Posted: 18 October 2005 at 6:24pm | IP Logged
Congrats on becoming the Member of the week Vina Smile

My question:
Who is your best friend? How long have you been friends for? and tell us about a memorable moment that you had with him/her Smile

anjali.nair

IF-Veteran Member

anjali.nair

Posted: 18 October 2005 at 7:51pm | IP Logged
vina, i love your replies.

here comes my next Wink:

1. who is your fav. on IF and why?

2. which came first chicken or egg? Big smile

socalgirl

Groupbie

socalgirl

Posted: 18 October 2005 at 7:54pm | IP Logged
Who is your best friend? How long have you been friends for? and tell us about a memorable moment that you had with him/her :- I have had different best friends in each stage of my life. During my school time My best friend's name is Reeta. Same class and same bancher. Always taking part together in Science project and RSP (Road Safety Patrol) enjoyed picnic together and had fun during those beautiful years of life. Then we were in same college too. But she went to Arts and i was in
Commerce. But we managed to stay in touch. During my fashion shows in college she always used to stand back stage to help me change cloth Fast LOL and would change my hair and shoe in split seconds and push me back to stage.

But after 12th she left college and got married.We r still friends but not so much in touch. Same goes for my other best friend during 11th and 12th of my college as Reeta was in diffrent course i had my class mate called Shilpa and Veena and Parul. I was more close to Veena n Shilpa including staying over at their home. I had beautiful 2 years with them and had many memorable time. We remained friends even after they left college after 12th. As both of them Failed in 12th. Cry . But i did go to Veena and shilpa's marriage after few years.

In Final 3 years of college my best friend was Tiku(Savita) and Dharma (Neha). That was the funkiest group. Had many first with them.... including watching "X" rated movie. Wink But it was fun. Lots of dance and raindance parties. Lots of food and fun. Also during that time i met this guy i had crush on so they would help me a lot to be with him. Lots of lie at home and they would cover up. Embarrassed . when we were in T.Y tiku ran away with her boyfriend and got married. Neha started working in a office after T.Y. I was working too so tht was end of that friendship. Ouch

But then i met a girl called Kanchan, through some common friends. That year was 98. and month was Sep. That year and till date we r best friends.She was the only friend of mine who attained my chat mangni pat shaadi marriage. We still talk once in a while or stay in touch with emails. With her i had best years of life. Lost of Booze and parties as she is a party animal. Had attained tons of pubs in those days. Lots of fooling around and making fun of people. Two of us would roam around the whole town with just 10 bucks in pocket. Would do crazy things like taking lift and going to Madness pub as girls had free entry there. With her, there was a time, the minute we would reach the door of Madness people would shout and say come fast as there is no fun in dancing without you two. (Touchwood) We still share the same bond. She has always been there during the bad period of ourfamily and supported us. and she is the only person in all my friends who knows the Whole Khandan of mine. Smile

OodlesDoodles

IF-Veteran Member

OodlesDoodles

Posted: 18 October 2005 at 9:13pm | IP Logged
Hey Vina They were really nice detailed and dil se answers.It was really seems like now we know you well LOL LOL

here's my questions
If you were to look back is there anything you would like to change.
If you could meet one person who would that be and why.

greatmaratha

IF-Sizzlerz

greatmaratha

Posted: 18 October 2005 at 9:38pm | IP Logged
Sardar Pavbhaji JAI HO!!! Its the best. Who can resist taking a drive even at midnight, just to go and snack out there. I still manage to go there quite regularly.

Add me to the list of crazy fans of Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge!! When the movie was about to release, I wanted to watch the first day first show, Friday morning, Matinee Show and no tickets were available anywhere in Bombay. I managed to go and find an obscure theatre in Dombivili, opposite the Railway Station, where I went and got the first day first show!! Missing college that too.... What fun.. and what a movie. I saw it 6 times thereafter, and of which Two of them were back to back, and at Plaza theatre (near college) Embarrassed

socalgirl

Groupbie

socalgirl

Posted: 18 October 2005 at 10:30pm | IP Logged
I m happy that you guys liked my answer. I belive when you want to be friends there is no point in making up stuff or hiding anything. Be open to what you are so fi you have any flaws, your friends can point it out to you and that will make you better person.

If you were to look back is there anything you would like to change.:- When i look back there are few things i would love to change:-
1. My dad not having affair with the other woman.
2. My handsome boyfriend doing some good job or business which would have made me stick to him,than leaving him. specially when everyone in my family were against it. (Reason:-He is a muslim boy Cry ) and absolutely useless in taking responsibility. But i managed to stay with him for 7 years and another year on and off. But then it was time to make decision. and it went against him. so if i can change i would have loved to make it in his favour.
3. I would surely make myself little more careful, as the days when me and kanchan were used to having fun and taking lift from strangers, i realise it now that it could have turn in to disaster. But thank God nothing went wrong at that time.

If you could meet one person who would that be and why.:- One person i would want to meet would be AMITABH BACHCHAN. He has been my favourite hero since i was a baby and didnt know the meaning of HERO. But i liked him ever since.

I think he is a person who has real class and is very polite to everyone. He is one person, who inspite of being this big star never ever opens his mouth in his own praise. Success has not made him fly in sky. He is very much down to earth. So i m sure if there is only one person i can meet it would be him.

socalgirl

Groupbie

socalgirl

Posted: 18 October 2005 at 10:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by s.priya

Sardar Pavbhaji JAI HO!!! Its the best. Who can resist taking a drive even at midnight, just to go and snack out there. I still manage to go there quite regularly.

Add me to the list of crazy fans of Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge!! When the movie was about to release, I wanted to watch the first day first show, Friday morning, Matinee Show and no tickets were available anywhere in Bombay. I managed to go and find an obscure theatre in Dombivili, opposite the Railway Station, where I went and got the first day first show!! Missing college that too.... What fun.. and what a movie. I saw it 6 times thereafter, and of which Two of them were back to back, and at Plaza theatre (near college)

I agree with you so much. Every time i see that movie it reminds me of my old fun and carefree days.

Edited by s.priya - 18 October 2005 at 11:03pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top