Page 3 of 3

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 3

mombasa00

Goldie

mombasa00

Posted: 23 January 2009 at 12:09am | IP Logged
Thanks for the brief Soapie.

In the book she ends up winning her husbands affection.  And EK said that's what Santo will do.  So how is it diff when you say that the book was not a love story but EK is turning it into one.

@ Gudz, LOL!!! come to terms with it yaar. Jo hai so hai!

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Bandini jaa rahi hai... (Page 3)" in Bandini forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

soapie

soapie

Posted: 23 January 2009 at 12:45am | IP Logged
Okay...I racked my brains and finally remembered the story of Retpankhi...the girl in the story was an orphan who is forced to marry this rich elderly widower by her foster family. And how she faces ostracization at her in-law's home, especially by the children of her husband. By the time she finds acceptance with her husband, something else goes wrong and then she has to leave her house. There was a sort of developing affection between the husabnd and the girl, but the story ends on a slightly tragic note, when she has to leave him.

Its actually a very old book, so tough to remember the exact story! But I am sure, that it wasn't anything remotely romantic, else I would have remembered it ad verbatimLOL

Ekta has only taken the skeletal idea from the book and then made it into her own story! Santo in the serial is not an orphan and from no angle whatsoever does DR look 'elderly'!Confused Besides, DR's character doesn't seem the type who would let his children rule roost at his home. I mean, if the idea is to torture Santo, then he would rather have the pleasure than let his children make her life miserable!

Yaar, its too much to expect television producers to adapt from novels, that too vernacular literature! The audience has changed a lot, gone are the days when most of Doordarshan serial's were adaptations of literary work.

But in anway, Ekta has tried to keep Bandini very authentic till now and whatever story line she picks on later, just hope she keeps giving it a good treatment.

Soapie!

Edited by soapie - 23 January 2009 at 12:52am

~Wicked~

IF-Dazzler

~Wicked~

Posted: 23 January 2009 at 5:21am | IP Logged
MAMJI...aapni cloud se uttar ke zamin pe aaja aab. Itna khuab dekh rahi hai, you will fall off and hurt yourself only.  Its not happening here my Guru ji.....So enjoy the TYRANT and see how HE makes things happens. I am pretty sure he will.

ronitfan

IF-Stunnerz

ronitfan

Posted: 23 January 2009 at 6:10am | IP Logged
WOW thanks for the insight Soapie ..

99% , I think  Santo is the middle sister because she calls the other girl as behna and I think once she's called her didi as well .. she's not the eldest ... because her other sister yelled at her and Moji when they broke into the temple.. a younger sister would not have scolded her elder sister in such a manner .. I think Jagmohan leads to yet more problems in the future - maybe trying to taint DR's character by linking him to Nanaji's daughters or something like that .. and maybe DR marries her to keep both parties happy!

I dont think the virasat plot applies here ..

Sammie_Ronit

IF-Sizzlerz

Sammie_Ronit

Posted: 23 January 2009 at 7:29am | IP Logged
Even I think Santo is the middle sister, because Gehena (thats her name?) orders Santo a bit here and there. And she obliges. And Gehena looks older too...sooo yea. Santo is the middle one. I hope she marries Ramesh.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top