Page 2 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

mombasa00

Goldie

mombasa00

Posted: 22 January 2009 at 10:19pm | IP Logged
Haan Soapie, Santo is the middle sister.

I too was confused with Priana's statement. I think the older sister will marry the peon leaving Santo open for Malik!! The question is how will the setup be presented. I am curious...why would he marry her?  If he wanted to help, he could do what he does with the older sister, just set her up with someone.

Soapie, you have read the Gujarati novel?  If yes, tell us the story in brief. The girl is sold off to the Malik as wife no.2. Interesting!  He could have anyone for his wife, why her?  And that even sold to him? Interesting indeed.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Bandini jaa rahi hai... (Page 2)" in Bandini forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Sammie_Ronit

IF-Sizzlerz

Sammie_Ronit

Posted: 22 January 2009 at 10:25pm | IP Logged
Mombs, the story of Virasat that I have got from the posts is that the peon will run away from the wedding mandap and DR who supposedly got the peon to marry one of those girls, would step in to save his reputation. u know...

mombasa00

Goldie

mombasa00

Posted: 22 January 2009 at 10:31pm | IP Logged
Oh! Confused  Well, the Virasat story does not seem to fit here then.  Since we already know that Santo is to be his wife!  Confusing.

Sammie_Ronit

IF-Sizzlerz

Sammie_Ronit

Posted: 22 January 2009 at 10:35pm | IP Logged
But may Santo is the oldest one then...i don't want it to be Santo...but i m sure that Jags will create some problem and DR will have to pay for it. He doesn't wanna marry Santo Banto but he will have to save his pride and ego from getting hurt in the slightest way possible

mombasa00

Goldie

mombasa00

Posted: 22 January 2009 at 10:49pm | IP Logged
Ok, two diff articles are conflicting so I can see why we are all confused too. But now, it does seem I will believe the article that says Santo is the elder sister.  Makes sense that DM will marry her to keep Nana's izzat.

This one says Santo is older sister
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1112443

This one says Santo is middle sister
http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/article.asp?id=3769

prerna4rishav

IF-Stunnerz

Posted: 22 January 2009 at 10:52pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

prerna4rishav

IF-Stunnerz

Posted: 22 January 2009 at 10:54pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

soapie

soapie

Posted: 22 January 2009 at 11:44pm | IP Logged

I happened to read (the English translation) Retpankhi, on which Bandini is roughly based many years ago, don't exactly remember why the girl gets married off, but she does! I think she is traded off as part of some business deal that the Diamond Merchant makes with the girl's family.

Anyway, the story's focus was on the girl's trial's and tribulations after being forcibly married to a man who despises her and how she sets about winning everyone's heart and later her husband's affection's too! It basically depicted the plight of women in rural India, it was definitely not a love story!

But Ekta has taken the basic plot from the gujrati story and made it into a full-fledged love story, as was evident in her interviews! During the promotion party of Bandini, she said that Santo will give so much love and respect to DR that he will eventually melt and accept her as his wife and not as his Bandini!

From what is being shown and suggested, it seems that Ekta has taken a bit from Virasat too and I think Santo is the oldest sis who will be set up to marry DR's peon but will end up marrying him instead! That would justify his hatred towards her, since he is still loyal to his dead wife and had been forced to marry this chokri!

Soapie

Edited by soapie - 23 January 2009 at 12:35am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top