Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

RUSmart

RUSmart

Posted: 21 January 2009 at 2:31pm | IP Logged
Look at the elegance and sincerity of the President of United States. The way he appeared in public for the first time to take oath for his post and the way the Americans greeted him, Does this happen in India? Even after the election results are out (like it happened last time) no one knew who will be the prime minister of India. And suddenly out of the blue it was announced that Dr. Manmohan Singh will be the Prime Minister of India. Does anyone remember his taking the oath in office. Then we see the Rabri Devis and other who do not know even to talk properly getting to head their states.  Someone commented that Sharad Pawar has been selected to be the PM nominee. Then  we have the permanant joker Amar Singh getting to nominate Sanjay Dutt for the U P elections.  But the best thing about Indians is that they see an eminent actor who has done a good job in one or two movies (Ganghigiri for example) and they think he is the saviour. Look at his criminal record. We have a Shibu Soren who was taken out of jail and given a Chief Ministers Seat just to add to the confidence vote which the Prime Minister needed for the nuclear deal. What sort of Politics are these leaders of India playing.

This now is the right time for the Indians to decide when they elect their leaders in the forthcoming general elections. We do need some honest politicians. Where are people like Lal Bahadur Shastri and the like? No one in India? Can we  expect India to change?

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Politicians.....learn from America" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 21 January 2009 at 2:55pm | IP Logged
Barack Obama is a man of principle, the way he carries himself, his ability to speak in public professionally, firmly, and still connect with each and every person is highly commendable. He has a great sense of humor and is able to convey that through his words. His speeches don't look like he's just memorized words, they come through as sincere and legitimate. He's the epitome of how a nation's leader should carry himself.

Sorry, don't know much about Indian politics, but yes, in that part of the world we are completely lacking the proper procedure of selecting a leader of the nation and being able to vote for one based on his/her policies. 

bheegi

IF-Sizzlerz

bheegi

Posted: 21 January 2009 at 4:14pm | IP Logged
Unfortunately in India people vote for a party more than they vote for a leader. Also, the leaders in India are more interested in power and money rather than serving the people. Until this mentality changes, Indian politicians can never improve

karandel_2008

IF-Rockerz

karandel_2008

Posted: 21 January 2009 at 6:12pm | IP Logged
Joking about our politicians is one thing but I am personally disappointed to see people, not only from US, but even from other countries, putting Obama on the pedestal of God. He seems to be good, but we should wait till he actually does something worthwhile.

In my opinion, we should not believe in hype and only judge him through his actions.  Otherwise its painful when over-hyped  people do not deliver.

@Wohajnabee: if you are looking for memorable speeches from Indian politicians then I would like to remind you about Nehru's speech "tryst with destiny" :)

Edited by karandel_2008 - 21 January 2009 at 6:16pm

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 21 January 2009 at 6:52pm | IP Logged
Indian politicians are a joke. In school when our class would misbehave and create havoc a teacher would say "Children, is this class or a fish market" and we would reply "no this is parliament in session"

Our countries leaders let us down. They set bad examples. Filthy abusive language, ignorant and apathetic ramblings and just downright third grade behavior on the part of some. Some of the more decent appearing ones are just white collar snakes, who do not have the countries interest in mind.

However, I do not think we need to look to America. Why not look at our own history and our own leaders. India has a history of great rulers, eloquent speakers, noble freedom fighters and politicians. We are unique in our culture and problems and a good politician would be one who is truly Indian. Yes we ought to take the positives from the west, America does have some good political procedures and systems in place. But overall we need to look at our country.

I think if a politician honestly looks at his people, understands their needs and seeks to serve them - he will be a good leader - irrespective of age, education, gender or any other divisive barrier.

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 21 January 2009 at 7:20pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by karandel_2008

Joking about our politicians is one thing but I am personally disappointed to see people, not only from US, but even from other countries, putting Obama on the pedestal of God. He seems to be good, but we should wait till he actually does something worthwhile.

yup , yup
This has been in my thoughts for a long time !!LOL

All that i have got to know from the media , and all the hype that he gets , is that he is a very influential and motivational speaker. However, there have been various instances wherein Obama's intelligence and hardworking abilities have been highlighted. So , i guess , he'll take it all in his stance, and use all this hype to his benefit, unlike most Big smile

Arey , be optimistic http://smilies.zx6r.info/lachen/567.gif

Let him have the hype,
if he delivers , well and good, we'll appreciate his work
if he doesn't, he'll be made to pay for it, for sure !!!

another thing, don't let other's thoughts influence you,
in this case what i mean is ,
suppose u think that some people(ok ........ a lot many people.........ok ok .........almost the whole worldLOL)
has brought Obama to a higher position than he deserves,
then don't  let yourself bring him down in your mind to neutralise that (in your mind )

Maybe you didn't do that, but just my two cents Wink

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 21 January 2009 at 7:25pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Indian politicians are a joke. In school when our class would misbehave and create havoc a teacher would say "Children, is this class or a fish market" and we would reply "no this is parliament in session"

Our countries leaders let us down. They set bad examples. Filthy abusive language, ignorant and apathetic ramblings and just downright third grade behavior on the part of some. Some of the more decent appearing ones are just white collar snakes, who do not have the countries interest in mind.

One thing, i'd like to point out is ,
hating, disliking , joking , saying bad things about someone,
doesn't make things better.
No good person wants to go to politics , and then they say politics is filled with corrupt, etc people.

Ultimately , politicians are a reflection of our society, whether you wan't to accept it or not, is upto you, but its a fact. However unfortunately, our subconscious is still not ready to accept this fact and hence, we only want the change..........not be the change!!

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 21 January 2009 at 7:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by karandel_2008

In my opinion, we should not believe in hype and only judge him through his actions.  Otherwise its painful when over-hyped  people do not deliver.

@Wohajnabee: if you are looking for memorable speeches from Indian politicians then I would like to remind you about Nehru's speech "tryst with destiny" :)

Praising someone isn't giving them the same status as God. This isn't a monarchy where people are bowing down to their king or tzar. Yes people are expecting a lot from him, which I guess in a way sucks for him, but that in no way means that he's all of a sudden become God. We're hoping that he keeps his promises, that's all.

As far as speeches are considered, I wasn't saying that other politicians of the world can't give good speeches, instead I was pointing out that Obama is a good orator, thanks for the reminder anyways.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top