Bandini - My two words....

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

Fishfish

IF-Dazzler

Fishfish

Posted: 20 January 2009 at 11:00pm | IP Logged
Dear Friends,

Many of you might know me as Tintiny from Kasamh Se forum.  Here I am having watched two episodes of Bandini, with my opinion about the same.  Before I begin let me tell you other than KS, I do not follow any other soaps, KS I fell in love with and though the show is pathetic now, I am still very attached to it.  Did try to watch Kasturi, Kayamaath and Kahaani Humarey Mahabharat ki, but to be very frank did not proceed beyond 4-5 episodes, screaching music, shots being frozen and similar storyline made me run away.  I specially had high hopes from KHMBK, as I love Mahabharat stories but then found it to be similar to Ekta's other shows, could not watch beyond the 2nd episode and tried it once again later but the music, narration and the whole essemble was bad if not worse, maybe one of Ekta's biggest disasters.  Then why I am watching Bandini?  Merely out of curiosity because Balaji Telefilms changed the face of Indian TV one time, recently they have been facing a lot of brickbats, their shows being pulled off and I also heard that many of BT's important people are leaving BT, I myself have criticised BT many a times and will still do as I feel that if the product is not right as a consumer I have every right....so here I am with my do baatein regarding Bandini....

1:  The setting looks very realistic.  The village, the hut and the environment.  It seems Ekta has shot it very much on location, I know may be due to logistical reasons she has to shift to the studios in Mumbai, well I hope she can maintain the simplicity and the look....

2:  No freezing of shots, yellowing of the face, I hated it as it killed the actor's expression and no screaching music.  The gujarati music time to time is nice to hear, at times reminding me about Hum dil de chuke sanam but definitely an improvement from her past serials where the music was same for all, even if you were not watching it, you knew BT show was on in your neighbours' house from the music....

Jate Jate, I have not seen much of Ronit Ray though he was in Kasam Se briefly, though did not like his character there, I am liking his dress and makeover here, though I feel he should emote with his eyes a bit more.  Why was he frowing so hard when he got down from the car to go into the mandir, I mean you may be a self made man, own the village but at least you can acknowledge the greetings of your people with a nod of head etc., you do not have to be stiff and look angry always....maybe serious yes but angry?  Regarding the girl, well will reserve my comments till few more episodes but I am liking the middle sister, somehow finding her face very sweet.....

Last but not the least, though there are one or two things regarding the script like Pinaki saying aaj maha shivratri hai, aapko puja ke liye jana hai...for a devout follower it would have been more apt if Dharamaraj would have asked Pinaki, if everything is ready so that he can do the Puja....these are minor faults I think, I am ready to overlook the same if Ekta does give us something new, no dragging, no grossness and no multiple marriage, numerous illegitimate kids etc....your thoughts friends, love Tin

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Bandini - My two words...." in Bandini forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

ronitfan

IF-Stunnerz

ronitfan

Posted: 20 January 2009 at 11:35pm | IP Logged
Hey there tin!

Good to see your post here:-)
I agree with you that the eye movements are restrained but i think that was because he is a major egoist..he is used to treat everyone else around him like disti anyways each to his own. Glad you find the show promising!
Sukhi

Post Reply New Post

Go to top