Debate Mansion

Opinions on Obama's Inauguration speech (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 6

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 6
Page 4 Page 6

angelic_devil

IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 21 January 2009 at 9:29pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Opinions on Obama's Inauguration speech (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

apux

IF-Rockerz

apux

Posted: 21 January 2009 at 9:35pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ashoka_was_king

Originally posted by apux

well well well............

i think , what has his mentioning a religion , got to do with us feeling good or bad ?? 

His intentions are right , and thats what matters. Even if he forgets to mention any religion , offence shouldn't be taken by anyone at all...........I wouldn't be offend if he didn't mention my religion....It was just nice to know that Obama acknowledged how diverse our country is in race and religion!

Arey , if he hadn't mentioned Hindus , then do u think , Obama would not have acknowledge how diverse your country is ??LOL
Anyways i got the point LOLLOL
But what i want to say is , this is not an important enough line to focus all our attention onto !!Big smile

You're right, just because Obama didn't say the certain religion doesn't mean he doesn't think it exists...but it's nice to hear it once a whileLOL

Indeed, i guess religion should always be kept out of any affair,
cos there are people sitting out there who are waiting deliberately for a speech, etc so that they can take offence http://www.extremefunnypictures.com/comment/whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif Okay, there wasn't anything offensive about the Prez MENTIONING the different religions in America...it's not like he's gonna use the different religious views as a guide for his public policies

I wasn't talking about the speech there Tongue
I think i should have said religion should be kept out of affairs , wherever possible !!

I agree that religion shouldn't be taken into decision making process but it's okay to mention it rather than ignoring it.  Oh and its astounding that many people in the West (non-desis) confuse Hindus with Muslims. 

Edited by apux - 21 January 2009 at 9:39pm

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 21 January 2009 at 10:07pm | IP Logged
chalo , lets leave it here Big smile

Obama's inaugaration speech had a lot more ,
so we should move onto that !!

btw, the best part i like about when he speaks is , the audience reactions Smile
He really makes sure the audience has the same intensity in reacting, as he maintains in provoking a reaction from them

highly efficient !!! LOL

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 21 January 2009 at 10:10pm | IP Logged
Obama failed to mention Wiccan, Voodo, Neo Paganism, Buddhism, Jainism, Sikhism, Shintoism etc. And by Christians I was not sure if Catholics were included or not included, also are they still counting the Mormons, and what about the Free Masons.

But then theists, atheists and agnostics would make a booooring speech.

apux

IF-Rockerz

apux

Posted: 21 January 2009 at 11:30pm | IP Logged

btw, the best part i like about when he speaks is , the audience reactions Smile
He really makes sure the audience has the same intensity in reacting, as he maintains in provoking a reaction from them

highly efficient !!! LOL

Whether you love or hate Obama, you gotta admit the effect he has people...he inspires many....my father, the cynic, who hates all politicians was very eager to narrate me the story of Obama's life (though Clinton is still his number 1)

Edited by apux - 21 January 2009 at 11:54pm

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 21 January 2009 at 11:39pm | IP Logged

Whether you love or hate Obama, you gotta admit the effect he has people...he inspires many....

yup ,
egjactly !!

And then , we also know actions speak louder than words
If his words themselves initiate such an effect,
then if he performs well (i really hope so ) ,
what will happen ??

A revolution of sorts !!

Anyways, its too far fetched to discuss right now LOLLOL

apux

IF-Rockerz

apux

Posted: 21 January 2009 at 11:55pm | IP Logged

[
yup ,
egjactly !!

And then , we also know actions speak louder than words
If his words themselves initiate such an effect,
then if he performs well (i really hope so ) ,
what will happen ??

A revolution of sorts !!

Anyways, its too far fetched to discuss right now LOLLOL

we pretty much gotta wait and watch now....I'm optimistic, but I'm no fool...Prez Obama can't do it all but I'm expecting him to do somethingLOL

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 22 January 2009 at 12:05am | IP Logged

we pretty much gotta wait and watch now....I'm optimistic, but I'm no fool...Prez Obama can't do it all but I'm expecting him to do somethingLOL

HIs speech did indicate that we shouldn't act as fools and start believing that he'll bring miracles LOL

At the moment actually , he is making sure that we all don't expect miracles from him

(At last , going round and round , we came back to the topic somehow LOLLOL
its so damn tough to stick to the topic LOLLOL )

Post Reply New Post

Go to top