Page 1 of 6

Page 1
Page   of 6
Page 2 Page 6

bheegi

IF-Sizzlerz

bheegi

Posted: 20 January 2009 at 6:15pm | IP Logged
Well the whole world is talking about it so why not us IF debaters?

Any opinions on Obama's speech today?

I felt his speech was very honest and heartfelt with no false promises but lot's of hope and expectations for the coming future. Some people might think his speech was too heavy on negativity and 'we are in a crisis' rhetoric but I feel he was honest and did not make any larger than life promises like most politicians do.

One thing that I did miss in his speech were some memorable lines like JFk and MLK's speeches have offered us in the past. I guess this was done deliberately to focus on the event, the people and the somber environment the nation is rather than celebrating Obama's oratory skills.

I loved his foreign policy parts especially where he addressed leaders of some nations: 'your countrmen will remember you for what you built and not what you destroyed."

I loved tha fact that he acknowledged all the main religions of the world which are practiced all over the US- christianity, Islam, Judaism and Hinduism.

Any further opinions?

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Opinions on Obama's Inauguration speech" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

bunbutt_too

IF-Sizzlerz

bunbutt_too

Posted: 21 January 2009 at 1:01am | IP Logged
When the BUSHman was President for eight years, I became a born again, diehard,  Aethiest.  I doubt President Obama can change my feeling for the so called "Almighty"....However his speech was inspirational, and I have to admit after 12.15 pm est today, I began to revisit my beliefs. Thanks you Almighty President Obama, you have reinstated my faith in the "Human" race and YOU.......but not the so called "Almighty!!! "

Obama's speech manifested real values for all the people of  this planet, not the Blacks, nor Browns, nor Yellows or what have you! Obama, Oh my Obama you have put things in perspective like no one did before! nor will they do for a long time to come!!  I will serve you Sir till you tell me otherwise. You have rekindled my faith in humanity!!!!!

Edited by bunbutt_too - 21 January 2009 at 1:25am

Showbizz

IF-Dazzler

Showbizz

Posted: 21 January 2009 at 3:40am | IP Logged
Obama insisting that India sign the nuclear non-proliferation
Biden's Asia visits to Pakistan, not India
Obama stopping job outsourcing to India

Hmmm somehow for the time being I find him a little anti India  . so did not get touched by the speech .

rogna

IF-Rockerz

rogna

Posted: 21 January 2009 at 5:25am | IP Logged
the inauguration address of mr. president obama yesterday was long and full of promises, full of hopes of the futures but that's what all politicians do. they give promises about so many things to be elected and trying to ensure that they can be re-elected again. politicians speak a lot of things which not all, perhaps not many of what they said in their promises could be done during their term of office. their speech might be good but their conduct might not be as good as their speeches. we cannot know whether obama is a good president or not until we see how he works and run the diverse nation of united states of america.

rogna

IF-Rockerz

rogna

Posted: 21 January 2009 at 5:27am | IP Logged
during obama's campaign and yesterday his first speech as president is the time where mr. president obama can do all this bullsh*t. this is the phase of his bullsh*t and we have to see how he works to know whether he is a good president and leader or not. only by his works can we only know that whether he can lead or not.

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 21 January 2009 at 1:28pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

apux

IF-Rockerz

apux

Posted: 21 January 2009 at 4:04pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gauri_3

I haven't heard the speech yet so I'll reserve my comments.  But I promise I'll be giving my two cents on this thread once I am done listening to itTongue

omg, Gauri you didn't hear the speechShockedLOL Everyone was watching, from little kids to oldies!  I watched it at work live on my computer...I was being a productive American workerLOL

I enjoyed the speech...It was different from the speeches he had given before winning the election...I think he's trying to prepare Americans that miracles are not going to happen....and favorite part was when he gave a shout out to HindusLOL

bheegi

IF-Sizzlerz

bheegi

Posted: 21 January 2009 at 4:08pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by apux

[QUOTE=Gauri_3]

I enjoyed the speech...It was different from the speeches he had given before winning the election...I think he's trying to prepare Americans that miracles are not going to happen....and favorite part was when he gave a shout out to HindusLOL

Me too! My son told me he gave a high five to his friend in class when her heard 'hindus'Big smile

Post Reply New Post

Go to top