Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings?

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 15 years ago
We've heard enough comparisons with Harry Potter vs Twilight to last us two lifetimes😆, so what do you say about Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings? I've never read Lord of the Rings, but I did read Hobbit, and it was a great book, but I can't say anything yet as I haven't read the whole series, but which do you guys prefer?

P.S. (Judging from what I heard of Lord of the Rings, I like the character of Frodo the best, as he reminds me a little of Harry from HP.😊)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

chhilt thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Harry Potter... I tried reading the Hobbit... I agree that it's very well-written but the storyline didn't appeal to me at all... which is why I didn't finish reading The Hobbit or the other books...
Eloquent thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Hmmm I like both. While Harry Potter is a delight for all ages...young or old and the series grows up along with its protagonist, LOTR is for slightly mature readers.

It is adult fantasy genre.
Sir-Please thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
can't choose

luv both of them and dumbles reminds me of gandalf😆

-Mystery- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Well, my opinion might be biased since I haven't read Lord of the Rings.  Such stories never appeal to me as even though they're unreal they don't seem real to me as Harry Potter does.  So my vote goes to HP. 

I have seen the LOTR movies as my brother is crazy about them, and I didn't even like the movies.

-Mahi

dream thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Harry Potter for sure!.. I loved it!
shellytt thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I like the Harry Potter books more. The LOTR are great novels but can be a bit tedious to read, which makes the Harry Potter series more likable as its a very easy read in comparison. However I do think that the books are worth the effort it takes to read them.  

Storywise there are certain simalarities, however each series of books are unique in its own right.

On a side note, I like the LOTR movies much better than the Harry Potter movies. For the most part these movies stuck with the books.

i5hy thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Harry Potter was the best for me. i started reading Lord of the Rings but lost interest and couldnt continue.
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: shellytt

I like the Harry Potter books more. The LOTR are great novels but can be a bit tedious to read, which makes the Harry Potter series more likable as its a very easy read in comparison. However I do think that the books are worth the effort it takes to read them.  

Storywise there are certain simalarities, however each series of books are unique in its own right.

On a side note, I like the LOTR movies much better than the Harry Potter movies. For the most part these movies stuck with the books.

Yeah, I heard from a lot of people that the Lord of the Rings movies were more faithful to the books than the Harry Potter movies were to their books.
shellytt thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: godisone

Yeah, I heard from a lot of people that the Lord of the Rings movies were more faithful to the books than the Harry Potter movies were to their books.

Yeah they were, but there were still certain things that were left out or not emphazied as much , eg the friendship that developed between Legolas and Gimli, but I understand that the movies would have been too long  if every little detail was included.

The Harry Potter movies to me strayed too much from what the reader may have imagined scene to be and also changed some of the plotlines a litle I guess for more dramatic effect.