Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 19 January 2009 at 3:04pm | IP Logged
We've heard enough comparisons with Harry Potter vs Twilight to last us two lifetimesLOL, so what do you say about Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings? I've never read Lord of the Rings, but I did read Hobbit, and it was a great book, but I can't say anything yet as I haven't read the whole series, but which do you guys prefer?

P.S. (Judging from what I heard of Lord of the Rings, I like the character of Frodo the best, as he reminds me a little of Harry from HP.Smile)

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings?" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

chhilt

IF-Rockerz

chhilt

Posted: 19 January 2009 at 11:30pm | IP Logged
Harry Potter... I tried reading the Hobbit... I agree that it's very well-written but the storyline didn't appeal to me at all... which is why I didn't finish reading The Hobbit or the other books...

Eloquent

IF-Veteran Member

Eloquent

Posted: 20 January 2009 at 12:46am | IP Logged
Hmmm I like both. While Harry Potter is a delight for all ages...young or old and the series grows up along with its protagonist, LOTR is for slightly mature readers.

It is adult fantasy genre.

Ahlaam5

IF-Rockerz

Ahlaam5

Posted: 31 January 2009 at 10:58am | IP Logged
can't choose

luv both of them and dumbles reminds me of gandalfLOL

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 02 February 2009 at 7:07am | IP Logged
Well, my opinion might be biased since I haven't read Lord of the Rings.  Such stories never appeal to me as even though they're unreal they don't seem real to me as Harry Potter does.  So my vote goes to HP. 

I have seen the LOTR movies as my brother is crazy about them, and I didn't even like the movies.

-Mahi

dream

IF-Dazzler

dream

Posted: 03 February 2009 at 10:25am | IP Logged
Harry Potter for sure!.. I loved it!

shellytt

shellytt

Posted: 06 February 2009 at 6:58am | IP Logged

I like the Harry Potter books more. The LOTR are great novels but can be a bit tedious to read, which makes the Harry Potter series more likable as its a very easy read in comparison. However I do think that the books are worth the effort it takes to read them.  

Storywise there are certain simalarities, however each series of books are unique in its own right.

On a side note, I like the LOTR movies much better than the Harry Potter movies. For the most part these movies stuck with the books.

i5hy

IF-Dazzler

i5hy

Posted: 07 February 2009 at 11:08am | IP Logged
Harry Potter was the best for me. i started reading Lord of the Rings but lost interest and couldnt continue.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top