Bandini

First day , First show - YOUR TAKE? (Page 9)

Post Reply New Post

Page 9 of 10

soapie

soapie

Posted: 19 January 2009 at 7:38pm | IP Logged

The first impression one gets after watching Bandini is that Ekta Kapoor has made a genuine effort to give something new to the audience!

The second impression is that Ronit Roy has once again proved why he is so popular with his fans, reinventing himself again and again with every serial and despite being amongst the oldest actors around, still is the ruling hearthrob of Television.

The third impression is that the new girl has a lot of character in her face and is thankfully not the chiffon-duppata wearing, squeaky voiced and overmade up dolls that are usually Balaji Telefilms heroins (atleast in the recent times!)

The sets are not just lavish but also quite authentic. A lot of attention has been paid to details, you could see it in the way old-style gramaphone instrument and photographs were kept. Good one, this!

Most important, the backdrop of the story is a rustic / village one, something that has never been tackled on television, at least not in a mainstream serial! Most of the serial's show either Mumbai or a small town such as Nainital or Mount Abu as a backdrop....this is perhaps the first show that has a remote Gujrathi village as the setting.

The first episode was impressive mostly because it was understated yet made a powerful statement. Introducing both the central characters, Dharamraj and Santo, the episode showed not just a glimpse into the two personalities but also the stark difference between them.

Ronit was in excellent form, playing a character which is obviously tailor made for him. He has this innate indianness in him which just shines through. Tradtional yet Modern, Conservative yet open-hearted, Hard-headed yet soft-hearted. Someone who might not shed tears on every occassion but would always be willing to lend his shoulder for other's to cry on. Someone who will break but never bend. Someone who might not always be correct, but would always be fair. Someone who will never spare his enemies and would probably lay down life for his loved ones!

Its refreshing to see a strong, serious, masculine character after a long time of watching gooye faced hero's serenading heroine's in Khet-khaliyaans and crying bucket fulls for no apparent reason!Confused 

Dharamraj Mahiyavanshi gets a definite thumbs up from me!Clap

Santo as a character would probably unfurl very slowly and hence its too early to comment on the actress as well as the character that she is portraying.

Also, it would be very interesting to see the chemistry between Dharamraj and Santo, as their marriage / relationship forms the crux of the story.

Looking forward to more of Bandini viewing!Smile

Soapie!

Edited by soapie - 19 January 2009 at 7:42pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "First day , First show - YOUR TAKE? (Page 9)" in Bandini forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Sammie_Ronit

IF-Sizzlerz

Sammie_Ronit

Posted: 19 January 2009 at 7:45pm | IP Logged
Soapie Hug

That was just beautiful. Loved ur analysis of Dharamraj and Ronit da's portrayal of it. I am impressed by Ekta with this one, she means what she says that this is different. I loved the first episode. And I am not only Ronit da's fan but also Dharamraj Mahiyavanshi's just pictures do all the talking. This is so real. I can't wait for tomorrow.

Once again...great analysis!!

ronitfan

IF-Stunnerz

ronitfan

Posted: 20 January 2009 at 12:08am | IP Logged
Lovely analysis as usual Soapie - for me the most unexpected part of the show was DR taking over all the responsibility for the employee's family - maybe he has his mercy-policy well etched out ! LOL

soapie

soapie

Posted: 20 January 2009 at 12:31am | IP Logged
For me, the best scene of the day was one without any words!

Santu (Is her name Santok and shortened for Santu?) coming down the stairs of the temple and Dharamraj staring at her...I just loved the expression in RR's eyes...outrage, cold fury and the shock that someone had dared to defy him!

This is the difference about an actor with experience and the newbies! A true actor will shine in every scene, even one that requires no obvious 'acting' from him...but someone who's skills are not so honed, will have to put in a lot of effort to carry out such a scene!

In just that once scene, he effectively established the character of Dharamraj...that of a storm behind calm!

Btw, Aasiya is quite impressive too! Not pretty in the conventional sense, but with a lot of quiet dignity, which I think is what the character required.

And am once again surprised to see that despite the age difference, she looks well matched with Ronit!

Another good thing about Bandini is that most of the ensemble cast shown in the first episode are all fresh faces...both the sisters, the very adorable Nanaji (I think the actually got him from some village, he looks too realistic to be an actor!) and the Munshiji who works for Dharamraj. Even Bharat Chawda and the guy who is the Panditji are not very familiar faces in television.

I could hardly believe that it was a Balaji Telefilms production!

Soapie!

Thanks all for the comments!Smile

Edited by soapie - 20 January 2009 at 12:33am

ovaltine

IF-Dazzler

ovaltine

Posted: 20 January 2009 at 1:42am | IP Logged
i was impressed and Soapie you took the words right out of my mouth thus no need for me to repeat Wink
I was impressed with this first episode and hope the treatment continues. It felt more like a movie production rather than the usual small screen atmosphere.
I will give it a thumbs upThumbs Up

~Wicked~

IF-Dazzler

~Wicked~

Posted: 20 January 2009 at 4:45am | IP Logged
Soapie Ji....it was a beautiful description of RR's portrayl of Dharamraj ji. You said everything I felt, but couldn't pen down. I loved it.

ronitfan

IF-Stunnerz

ronitfan

Posted: 20 January 2009 at 6:38am | IP Logged
Welcome to the forum Ovaltine .. lol we meet again !

Sammie_Ronit

IF-Sizzlerz

Sammie_Ronit

Posted: 20 January 2009 at 6:42am | IP Logged
Old friends and new meeting once again thanks to RR lol!!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top