Bandini

!! Bandini - Articles Archive !! (Page 7)

Post Reply New Post

Page 7 of 19

niveditha

IF-Sizzlerz

niveditha

Posted: 25 September 2009 at 7:33am | IP Logged
Ronit Roy's nose job

Ronit Roy hurt his nose during a film shoot, had to undergo surgery, and is recuperating at home in Mumbai.

The actor, currently seen on TV in Ekta Kapoor's Bandini, was shooting for a film called Udaan produced by Anurag Kashyap in Jameshedpur, where the incident occurred. Ronit was filming a sequence with his co-star, Rajat Barmecha, who plays his son in the film. Rajat had to hit him in a scene, but ended up accidentally punching Ronit hard on the nose. Unit members immediately provided Ronit first aid, but it wasn't enough. The actor had to fly back to Mumbai and go in for surgery on his nose. The operation was successful and Ronit is said to be ready to resume his shoot.

Incidentally, the film Udaan has been written and directed by Vikramaditya Motwani, who wrote Dev D. It is about a father and a son in Jamshedpur. Ram Kapoor is playing Ronit Roy's brother.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/September/News_20090925_127

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "!! Bandini - Articles Archive !! (Page 7)" in Bandini forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Salmanayesha

IF-Sizzlerz

Salmanayesha

Posted: 07 October 2009 at 11:45pm | IP Logged
Dead drunk

On Sunday evening, TV actor Ronit Roy was seen driving his silver Hummer in a drunken state, accompanied by his bodyguard. According to witnesses, while driving along the stretch between Versova to Four Bungalows, the actor behaved in an extremely callous manner.

The witnesses, Subodh Singh, Dayanand Saroj, Pramod Harale, Siddharth Dongre and Vinod Deshmukh were returning to Lokhandwala after a meeting at a local coffee shop in Versova and were appalled to notice a silver Hummer ram into a moving rickshaw. Instead of taking responsibility, the driver of the Hummer got down and started beating and abusing the rickshaw driver. The shocked witnesses sitting inside their car noticed that the driver was none other than the popular TV actor Ronit Roy.

This was not the end of the story according to Subodh, "Barely fifty meters ahead, Ronit rammed into another rickshaw. When the driver protested, Ronit stopped his car and abused him before moving ahead."

His next victim was a black Honda Accord which he rammed into from the rear. Subodh adds, "After the third time, Ronit got down, held the driver by his hair and bashed him up. Matters could have worsened if Ronit's bodyguard hadn't intervened."

Ronit Roy tried to clarify, "I did ram into a rickshaw as it was raining that night and the roads were slippery. But I paid the rickshaw driver for the damage. There was no fight between us and I don't remember ramming into an Accord at all. Moreover, it was not me but my driver who was driving the Hummer."

Meanwhile...

Ronit Roy slaps a watchman over a parking disagreement  

According to a NC (non-cognisable offence) lodged at the Oshiwara police station, the 43-year-old actor slapped a hapless, building watchman over parking his car. The incident happened at the MHADA transit camp in Andheri at 8 pm on Sunday.

The watchman, who is not named in the NC, was slapped as he had told the actor not to park in the premises of building 28 . Andheri, owing to ongoing construction work. According to the police, the actor ignored the watchman's request, which is when the altercation escalated, resulting in Ronit slapping the watchman. The complaint was filed by 36-year-old Bharat Verma, a resident of the building.

Confirming the incident, ACP Dilip Suryawanshi of the DN Nagar division says, "Ronit allegedly abused the watchman due to a disagreement over parking. But they have settled the matter now."

Ronit says, "All the parties involved are not only my neighbours but very dear friends. We had a misunderstanding because one of the society gates was closed and I used the wrong gate to park my car. The matter has been sorted out and things have been amicably settled."

Complainant Bharat Verma too has let the issue pass. She says, "We have settled the matter amicably. After all he's my neighbor. It is water under the bridge."

Edited by ammoos - 23 June 2010 at 2:16pm

Salmanayesha

IF-Sizzlerz

Salmanayesha

Posted: 11 October 2009 at 1:52am | IP Logged
Ronit Roy's birthday plans

Ronit Roy aka Dharmaraj of Bandini will be celebrating his 44th birthday tomorrow (Sunday) with his family having a dinner.

About his birthday plans we spoke to Ronit Roy "I will be shooting tomorrow by evening and then I am taking off to spend my time with my loved ones especially Neelam and my two little wonders kids because the most gift on my birthday is to spend time with my kids and wife which I miss them while shooting."

Further, about his memorable birthday he replied that, "I don't have any specific memorable birthdays but in most of my birthday's I am working so either I have celebrated on the sets so I really can't make out which birthday was my memorable."

Interestingly he shares his birthday with Bollywood's superstar Amitabh Bachchan and so we ask him about this, "Yes I know that I share my birthday with Big B and so I would like to wish him good luck, health."

Indya also wishing Ronit happy birthday

Edited by ammoos - 23 June 2010 at 2:17pm

niveditha

IF-Sizzlerz

niveditha

Posted: 15 October 2009 at 9:35am | IP Logged

Santo and Dharamraj's remarriage in Bandini..

Santo finally manages to get justice, as Dhramraj confesses her love for her, and announces their remarriage in NDTV ...

Salmanayesha

IF-Sizzlerz

Salmanayesha

Posted: 15 October 2009 at 6:50pm | IP Logged
Ronit Roy avoiding surgery for work

TV actor Ronit Roy whose nose was injured on the sets of Anurag Kashyap's film Udaan few weeks ago is delaying surgery. The doctors have advised him for a nose surgery but the actor is avoiding the surgery inspite of the pain.

We spoke to Ronit Roy about his delay in surgery, "Nose injury is fine but just few days' back I went to my doctor's clinic for further investigation and he told me that a minor surgery should be done and that it cannot be avoided. But I can't do surgery at this point as everybody knows how daily soaps work and I don't think I will get an off from Bandini and Balaji telefilms."

Further he told us that," If the surgery takes place then I have to stay away from both films and TV for 3 weeks which is not possible for me, so let's see for how many days I will avoid the surgery and so in the
mean time I am taking painkillers to avoid the pain."

Do you not think that health is more important then work? "I know very well but for an actor work is worship."

The actor, currently seen on TV in Ekta Kapoor's Bandini, was shooting for a film called Udaan ? produced by Anurag Kashyap ? in Jameshedpur, where the incident occurred. Ronit was filming a sequence with his co-star, Rajat Barmecha, who plays his son in the film. The film Udaan has been written and directed by Vikramaditya Motwani, who wrote Dev D. It is about a father and a son in Jamshedpur. Ram Kapoor is playing Ronit Roy's brother.

Edited by ammoos - 23 June 2010 at 2:17pm

ammoos

IF-Veteran Member

ammoos

Posted: 17 October 2009 at 2:45pm | IP Logged
Diwali is here and it's time to celebrate with diyas, crackers and sweets. And this time of the year, the small screen is ready with tempting fare
for the audience.

While the country is all set to usher in the festival of lights, the small screen is witnessing a flurry of activity. With a host of shows and stars lined up for the entertainment of couch-potatoes, it's nothing short of a dhamaka.

HIGH ON EQ
General entertainment channels have loads of entertainment for their viewers this Diwali. To begin with, there's the weeklong Diwali celebration in the show Diwali Mela Dilon Ka, where artists from all the shows aired on the channel come together. And the celebrations get bigger with Bollywood actor Shreyas Talpade joining the party for a special jig with the stars of the small screen. "Diwali is all about fun and celebration and is incomplete without a dance routine. The audience loves it," says actor Angad Hasija who will be grooving with co-actor Sara Khan on the special episode.

Upping the ante is a popular channel which has roped in actor Akshay Kumar to be part of the Diwali episode of the popular reality show Bigg Boss 3. With Khiladi Kumar and the baap of all reality shows coming together, this is one heady concoction one would not want to miss. Another GEC has roped in music directors Vishal-Shekhar to ring in the festive mood for the special episode of L'il Champs.
The festive season will also be ushered in through popular shows, Jyoti, Bandini and Palkon ki Chhaon Mein.

TIME TO PARTY
While the channels are working overtime during this festive weekend, the stars too are busy with their shooting during the day and celebrations are pushed for the evening. "I'll celebrate with my unit during the day and in the evening, I'll visit my parents," says actor Sneha Wagh. Actor Ronit Roy too is busy with shooting. "As of now I don't have any plans for Diwali as I may be shooting throughout the day. But we do a puja in the morning and also Laxmi puja in the evening. On every Diwali we go to Aamir Khan's house to play cards," says Roy.
Celebrations and work apart, actors are also going on a shopping spree. Actor Sarwar Ahuja is making full use of the 'sales' during this festival. "I am buying a new house this Diwali. I am busy buying stuff for my new home and making complete use of the sales going on this week. I will also visit my parents to celebrate Diwali with them," says the Hyderbadi.

But there are also those who will be missing their near and dear ones during this festive season. Contestants of reality shows like the Perfect Bride and Bigg Boss 3 will have to celebrate the festival with their housemates. "It's very difficult to stay away from your family for months together. During festivals it gets worse," says rapper ishQ Bector who was a contestant in Iss Jungle se Mujhe Bachchao. "But the unit is very caring and they always plan a surprise for contestants considering they are away from home," he says.
With so much in store for the audience and stars alike, the idiot box indeed has a lot of visual delight on a platter.

Edited by ammoos - 17 October 2009 at 2:45pm

niveditha

IF-Sizzlerz

niveditha

Posted: 20 October 2009 at 2:12am | IP Logged
Chavi Mithals entry brings a new twist in Bandini...

Chavi Mithal's entry brings a new twist in Bandini...

Chavi Mithal's entry as the look-alike of Dharamraj's dead wife brings in a new twist to the tale in Imagine's Bandini...

Salmanayesha

IF-Sizzlerz

Salmanayesha

Posted: 31 October 2009 at 11:25pm | IP Logged

Saakshi Tanwar and Ronit Roy in short film

In a tribute to Rabindranath Tagore on his 150th birth anniversary, TV stars will come together to make a film based on his short story, Kabuliwala.

Kabuliwala has been made into a Bollywood film in the past (starring veteran actor Balraj Sahni), but this time it is being remade for a contemporary TV audience. In the short film, TV actors Ronit Roy and Saakshi Tanwar play a couple whose daughter befriends an Afghani who has come to Mumbai. Veteran actor Shahbaaz Khan plays the Kabuliwala.

Rohit Roy produces the film that will be helmed by Pankh director Sudipto Chattopadhaya. Sudipto was quoted as saying, "The story is inspired by Kabuliwala but it has a twist to it as the setting is contemporary. It is not a TV serial but a short film meant for TV, like the ones done by HBO."

The director said, "The film will first go to film festivals and will then be shown on TV. Since Rabindranath's 150th birth anniversary is approaching, it's our tribute to the man who has inspired generations." He added: "It will show the prejudice we still harbour on the basis of religion. The wife is played by Saakshi Tanwar and she suspects a man who comes from Kabul to be a Taliban terrorist."

Edited by ammoos - 23 June 2010 at 2:18pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top