!! Bandini - Articles Archive !! - Page 7

Posted: 14 years ago
Khemi gets accepted by family in Bandini...

Khemi gets accepted by family in Bandini...

Imagine's Bandini will see a twist in the tale with Khemi getting pregnant..

Biggest television weddings of 2009

Dhanashri Kulkarni/Hill Road Media

This year television has seen many things happening on-screen like weddings happened on a large scale in the shows, which gave rise and much growth on the TRP ratings for the shows.The weddings in serials have been shot lavishly, and so we look at top seven grand weddings on Hindi TV serials.

Santo - Dharamraj Mahiyavanshi, Bandini

The drama focuses on her unexpected marriage to Dharamraj Mahiyavanshi, a fifty-year-old widower with five children and owner of a diamond factory in Surat. Santo's journey towards marital happiness, crossing barriers of age, caste and class was also highlighted.

http://www.indya.com/gallery/indyagallery.aspx?p=Biggest-television-weddings-of-2009&aid=1260
Bandini to take a leap..

Bandini to take a leap..

NDTV Imagine's Bandini will soon take a leap...

Bandini takes a leap
Buzz up!

NDTV imagine's Bandini is going through some major high points last week, with the killing of Arjan (Kunal Thakkur) and an injury to Dharamraj Mahiavanshi (Ronit Roy).

An Indya source, "The coming episodes will focus on getting hold of Arjan's killer. In addition, with a lot of drama eventually Santo will be put behind bars, and the whole family will spit negativity towards her very existence. The creative team has planned to take a leap of a few years now. However, the duration of the leap has not been decided yet."

Further, our source told, "The leap will start when Santo will go in jail and we are planning to take the story ahead around 8-9 years. However, a final decision on this has to be taken. The creative team is working on the story ahead and the leap will happen sometime in the last week of January or early February."

We spoke to Ronit Roy aka Dharamraj Mahiavanshi, "Yes, the show is taking a leap. I do not know about the track."

So we spoke to Sandip Sickand, creative head of the show, "Yes, the show is taking leap, well for the details please go to the channel."

About the track

High voltage drama, Arjan hits Dharamraj Mahiavanshi on his head, leaving him unconscious in a pool of blood. If this was not enough, Arjan tries to kill DM, but at right moment Santo enters and the next scene they show is of Santo coming out of the room and Arjan dead in the room. While the drama is on with a few in the family trying to save Santo (Aasiya Kazi) from the clutches of law, Maulik (Shardul Pandit) is trying in all ways to get Santo behind bars. The buzz is that the story line is moving towards a leap of a few years.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsdetails.aspx?p=Bandini-takes-a-leap&xfile=2010/January/News_20100115_67

What is Aasiya Qazi watching on the small screen?

Aasiya Qazi

Which daily soap you watch?
Generally I don't get time to watch any soap due to my hectic schedule, but whenever I get time I try to catch up with my own show Bandini.

Which channel you watch frequently?
I keep on switching from one channel to another.

Which is your favourite TV channel?
I love watching light hearted shows like they have on Star One.

Which is your favourite reality show?
KBC.

Which is the best comedy show I have enjoyed on Indian television?
Taraak Mehta ka ooltah chashmah.

Santo jailed, Bandini jumps 10 years ahead

The viewers witnessed some high-voltage drama in recent episodes of Bandini. Dharmaraj and Arjan had a huge tiff when the latter tried to hurt but eventually lost his life and Santo was accused for it.

Now Santo is jailed. "We are taking a 10 year leap. Santo is trying to save one of the family members who has killed Arjan. She has decided to take the entire blame. After 10 years Santo will be freed from jail for her good behavior and things would completely change for her. I will not be able to reveal much about this track but viewers will get to see a new chapter," says Sandip Sikcand, creative head.

Asiya Qazi who plays Santo says: "We have just shot a jail sequence. I think by next week our show will take a leap. I am fine with playing a mature girl, as I would not want to miss such an opportunity. My character will be stronger than before so I am looking forward to it. I have no idea though about the future twists and turns the story will take."

There was a buzz that Bandini will be pulled off air but it seems the makers have decided to give it a fresh lease of life. This is how they are bringing up this new twist with a 10 year leap.

Kimberly exits, Abigail enters in Bandini

Kimberly exits, Abigail enters in Bandini

On one side, younger sister Kimberly is done with her part in NDTV Imagine's Bandini, and on the other side, Abigail has ...

The 'Perfect' couples on small screen

But despite a new year, new resolutions and new look, certain things still remain unchanged. Like the hit jodis of telly land. They have been ruling the hearts of the audience and ruling airwaves in 2009. And the beginning of 2010 has seen no perceptible difference. Screen chemistry is really important when it comes to bringing alive the romance on screen. What's it about some screen couples that make them instant faves and help them connect with the audience? In the past you've seen Ronit Roy-Shweta Tiwari, HitenTejwani-Gauri Pradhan, Sharad Kelkar-Rajshree Vaidya, Karan Kundra-Kritika Kamra, Hussain-Juhi Parmar light up the screens and set the room temperature soaring with their scorching screen romance.

Today's prime time shows have fresher pairs (some as husband-wives, some as star-crossed love birds and some in the first flush of love ) who are creating magic.

Newly married, but not yet happily-ever after
That would best sum up the screen relationship between Karan Mehra and Hina Khan (Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai), Angad Hasija and Sara Khan, Parul Chauhan-Kinshuk Mahajan (Sapna...Babul Ka Bidaai), Ratan Rajput-Abhishek Rawat (Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo), Shivshakti Sachdev-Anuj Sachdev (Sabki Ladli Bebo), Harshad Chopra-Addite Gupta (Kis Desh Mein Hai Mera Dil), Rubina Dalik-Avinash Sachdev (Chhoti Bahu), Sushant Rajput-Ankita Lokhande (Pavitra Rishta)and Ronit Roy-Aasiya Kazi (Bandini). Marriage doesn't mean happily ever after for any of these couples...as seven degrees of separation keep threatening them even as other characters spin webs of deceit and make their lives hellish.

Love's like that
Only a handful would actually figure in this slot. Karan Wahi-Jennifer Winget (Dill Mill Gaye), Gaurav Khanna-Yami Gautam (Yeh Pyaar Na Hoga Kaam), Vivan Bhatena-Kritika Kamra (Pyar Ka Bandhan), Karan Grover-Suhasi Goradia (Yahan Main Ghar Ghar Kheli), Vishal Karwal-Richa Soni (Bhagya Vidhaata), Natasha Sharma-Aditya Redij (Na Ana Is Des...Laado) play youngsters who are in love but don't know that yet. Predictably the shows are devoted to building up the romance angle.

And the audience of course seems to be lapping it all up.

Sara Khan: My favourite jodi is Naitik and Akshara, played by Karan Mehra and Hina Khan. As far as audience popularity goes, these two top the charts right now. They are young and have a fresh look to them as it is their first show. They make a very good couple onscreen. Rajan Shahi has cast them perfectly and I am sure they will be loved for a long time.

Pracheen Chauhan: Angad Hasija and Sara Khan who play Alekh and Sadhna in Bidaai are absolutely fantastic. Their characters are wonderful. Their love story is different from the others because it has its unique touch. Another reason why I like Alekh so much is because I was initially offered the role which went to Angad. So I have followed the show keenly.

Kanica Maheshwari: My vote goes to Parul Chauhan and Kinshuk Mahajan (Ragini and Ranveer in Bidaai). They look good together on-screen and are doing a great job with their characters. Honestly speaking, I think I echo the sentiments of million when I name the two actors as my favourite. They are tremendously popular.
Hina Khan: My favourites are Bebo and her husband in Laadli. Though Shivshakti is young, she plays her part to the T. Her expressions are good and she and Anuj Sachdev, her on screen hubby, compliment one another beautifully in the looks and acting department.

Mazher Syedd: Ronit Roy and Aasiya Kazi, as Dharamraj and Santo make a fantastic pair. Though they have a huge age difference, they look fabulous together. Plus their unique and complex relationship in Bandini adds to their USP.

NDTV imagine: Bandini
Santu has done the crime of killing Arjan as she saved the life of her husband. Everyone has disowned her so now the story will go 10 years ahead next week.

http://www.indya.com/gallery/indyagallery.aspx?p=The-major-twists-in-serials-this-week&aid=1354