Bandini

!! Bandini - Articles Archive !! (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 19

-Yuks-

IF-Veteran Member

-Yuks-

Posted: 05 June 2009 at 1:10pm | IP Logged

'it's 'more than a dream to be working with Balaji Telefilms'

-Aasiya Kazi

At 17, marriage is the last thing on her mind. But television actress Aasiya Kazi, who is married to a man almost thrice her age in the serial 'Bandini', says she would agree to marry an older man in real life but only if there is a good reason to do so.

'In real life, I will marry an older man and try and adjust only if there is a strong reason to do so. If my parents ask me to marry someone much older, I would first try and know why they are doing it and take a decision accordingly,'.

The Mumbai-based girl plays the role of Santu in NDTV Imagine's 'Bandini'. Set in a village in Gujarat, the story of the series revolves around Santu who is forced into a marriage of convenience with an elderly man, played by seasoned actor Ronit Roy.

Though Aasiya is young, she has a strong opinion on the issue being tackled through her debut show.

'As far as I have heard and I know, such marriages still take place in a lot of rural areas in our country and so it is a very real life-based story. But all I feel is that if parents do this for their vested interests, it's very wrong,' she asserted.

Unlike most girls her age, who would prefer doing stylish and bubbly roles on small screen, Aasiya says she feels lucky to be playing Santu despite the fact that she has to wear saris, gold ornaments, sindoor and a bindi all the time.

'I gave auditions for this role without knowing too much about what I would be doing and got selected. When I was told about the story, it was not that I was apprehensive. In fact, I was very happy that I would get to do something new - a role that many girls of my age would not get to do. So I feel I was one of the luckier girls,' she said.

'I really enjoy wearing saris for my on-screen character. It is something different from what I wear regularly. I wear a lot of jeans and dresses on day-to-day basis, but sari isn't something I wear all the time - that's what makes it fun,' she added.

'Bandini' is from the Balaji Telefilms stable and Aasiya, who is in Class 11 and studying Arts and Humanities, says it's 'more than a dream to be working with Balaji Telefilms'.

'Since childhood I have loved watching mostly cartoons like 'Tom and Jerry'. I used to watch serials with my mother. She liked to watch shows like 'Kyunkii Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi' and other such shows by Balaji Telefilms. So after being a regular watcher of Balaji shows, it's more than a dream to be working with the company,' she said.

Asked how comfortable she is working with Ronit Roy, Aasiya said: 'Ronit Roy is really good as a person and really good as an actor. He is very helpful. He guides me all the time - if I get stuck with a scene, he helps me in doing it right and corrects me if I am wrong,' she said.

Aasiya stays in Mumbai with her family. Her father is a civil engineer and mother a homemaker.

Yuks

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "!! Bandini - Articles Archive !! (Page 4)" in Bandini forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

niveditha

IF-Sizzlerz

niveditha

Posted: 06 June 2009 at 10:23am | IP Logged

Bandini's next twist..

Shashank expresses his love for Santo in NDTV Imagine's Bandini..

niveditha

IF-Sizzlerz

niveditha

Posted: 08 June 2009 at 12:44am | IP Logged
Asiya Quazi on her preparation for board exams

Asiya Quazi known as Santo of Bandini is getting ready for her 12th standard, she has passed out her 11th standard with flying colours. Asiya told us how she plans to manage her shooting and studies for the year.

Asiya studies on the sets also." I shoot 10-12 hours everyday and by the time I finish it I feel exhausted. So when I get any off I need to take sleep. But between two shots and my break I try to study on the sets. I was always a ranker in my college I never missed it but this year I got only 65%, my production house supported me a lot."

The actress did not take an off during her exams also. "I would get up early and study in the morning then I would go for my exams and in the evening I shot for my show then I would come in the night and sleep then again in the morning I would get up early for studies, it was going hectic that time. After my exam I did get holidays and I got rest."

Talking about her subjects this year, she says:" I have Political Science, Psychology, Logic, Hindi, English and EVS(Environmental Studies). I have this habit that once I finish reading the entire syllabus I can remember everything. If I am in mood to study, I will close windows and the door to my room, I will ask my family not to disturb me and I finish my study in 4-5 hours and then I am ready to give my exam next day."

She further explains: "So it is just a matter of mood. Further, arts is more about learning thing than studying. I always believe in self study and therefore I do not go for private classes. I love political science and I always fair well in that. But I will surely need holidays for Economics and Logic. My friends too helped me a lot; they give me notes and tell me about important topics and everything. Further, I have chosen to take this career so I will have to concentrate on both things. I cannot irritate my production house too much."

Asiya is studying in Bhavans College and will appear for her 12th next year. Bandini is her first show on TV.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/June/News_20090608_28

niveditha

IF-Sizzlerz

niveditha

Posted: 09 June 2009 at 12:55am | IP Logged
Asiya Quazi and Ronit Roy

Dharmaraj and Santo

Portrayed by: Ronit Roy and Asiya Quazi

Name of the show: Bandini, NDTV Imagine

Bandini is the story of Santo, an eighteen year old illiterate girl from a lower caste who belongs to a village called Dharampur in Gujarat. The story focuses on her unexpected marriage to Dharamraj Mahiyanshi, a fifty year old widower who has five children and owns a diamond factory in Surat.

http://www.indya.com/gallery/gallery.aspx?aid=332

Salmanayesha

IF-Sizzlerz

Salmanayesha

Posted: 09 June 2009 at 7:10pm | IP Logged
Age gap marriages rocking on television

The trend of age gap marriages has become really old now as it has been there right from the time of the saas bahu era. The current trends of the best shows on the small screen all have a very common factor in them- they all depict the lives of two individuals who have a long gap of age difference. Yawn! Indya takes a look at some current yarns spinning the wrinkled age-old story.

Ronit Roy and Shweta Tiwari

Prerna and Mr. Bajaj

Portrayed by: Shweta Tiwari and Ronit Roy

Name of the show: Kasauti Zindagi Kay, STAR Plus

Prerna (Shweta Tiwari) initially falls in love with her college cum family friend Anurag Basu (Cezanne Khan), they even get married. But later due to some issues, they two get divorced and Prerna gets married to Mr. Bajaj (Ronit Roy) who is as old as her daddy dearest.

Edited by ammoos - 23 June 2010 at 2:26pm

niveditha

IF-Sizzlerz

niveditha

Posted: 20 June 2009 at 9:32am | IP Logged

Balaji's Bandini is one of the driver shows of NDTV Imagine. The show has been lauded for its strong storyline and impressive power-packed performances by the likes of Rasika Joshi and Ronit Roy. Everything was running in favour of the show and its cast until now. Our sources inform us that Santo, the protagonist of Bandini in all likelihood may be replaced.

Informs a source, "Asiya Qazi who essays the role of Santo will be replaced from the show. Four girls of the same age-group as that of Asiya have been approached by the production house for the look-test. The new lead will be finalised in a couple of days. Apparently, Asiya used to throw her weight on the sets. She is neither accommodating nor co-operative. She creates unnecessary hassles for the production house when it comes to giving adequate time for the shoot."

When contacted Asiya Qazi gave us her version to the story. She said, " this is not true at all I am neither throwing tantrums nor am I demanding any off".

When contacted, a rather surprised Creative Director of the show Sandiip Sikcand rubbished the news.

We sent a text message to Ekta Kapoor, Producer and Creative head, Balaji Telefilms, but she didn't revert.

desi**fo***s

Edited by niveditha - 20 June 2009 at 9:44am

r_ahmed_shah

r_ahmed_shah

Posted: 21 June 2009 at 11:51am | IP Logged

Gen Next speaks on Fathers' Day... By Srividya Rajesh | 21 June 2009 | 9:52pm   Comments 6 Comments

Your favorite actors from television talk about their on screen fathers and share some facts with Telly Buzz in the Special on Fathers' Day..

niveditha

IF-Sizzlerz

niveditha

Posted: 22 June 2009 at 2:01am | IP Logged
Asiya to be replaced by Vinny on Bandini?

Asiya Qazi, who is currently portraying the role of Santo in Bandini (NDTV Imagine), will soon be replaced. The rumours doing the rounds are that Vinny Arora of Aathvan Vachan fame will take her place on the show.

A source says, "Asiya has never been cooperative, right from day one. She doesn't come on time to the sets and throws tantrums. This has been the issue for quite some time now and so she's finally getting replaced."

When contacted, Asiya Qazi denied the news saying, "No, there is no truth to this. I don't know from where these rumours are coming. I am very much a part of the show. In fact, I am even shooting for it."

The source also informed us about the audition process, saying, "Asiya will shoot for another three days. The auditions have already started for the new Santo. Girls of the same age group as Asiya are being considered. However, there is one person who is most likely to be seen as Santo: Vinny Arora, who was seen portraying the role of Urmi in Aathvan Vachan has good chances of playing this role."

When asked about the same, Vinny replies, "I am really not aware of this. Yes, I did give the look test two days ago but officially I haven't got any confirmation till now. They have told me that they will get back to me, so I am just waiting for their call."

About Asiya's acting, she says, "Asiya is a very talented actress and people love her the way she is. If I get to play Santo, then obviously I wouldn't try to be like her but I'll give it my best. As actors we don't imitate another, we just try to give our best in our own way. Although it is going to be difficult, it is not impossible!"

The new Santo will be seen on Bandini from next week.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/June/News_20090622_85

Post Reply New Post

Go to top