!! Bandini - Articles Archive !! - Page 15

Posted: 12 years ago

Mrunal Jain bags lead role in Looteri Dulhan..

It's not Barun Sobti, but Mrunal Jain who has been roped in as the male  lead of Imagine's upcoming show Looteri Dulhan..

Micckie Dudaaney to enter Chhoti Bahu!

Micckie Dudaaney who was last seen in Imagine TV's Bandini has been roped in to essay a grey role in Zee TV's Chhoti Bahu...

Poll-5: The Finest Performance Of A Bollywood Actor In The Last Decade (2001-2010)

http://hindifilmnews.com/polls-2/poll-5-the-finest-performance-of-a-bollywood-actor-in-the-last-decade-2001-2010/

Edited by Isa_de - 12 years ago
 Ronit Roy speaks about the bond he shares with Ona, his daughter from his first marriage

'I've missed 20 years of my daughter's life' 

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv-/Ive-missed-20-years-of-my-daughters-life/articleshow/8317951.cms

•  

Ronit Roy plays the bad daddy again

Friday, April 15, 2011, 17:32 [IST]

After his film Udaan, actor Ronit Roy will be again seen portraying a bad daddy's role in Deepa Mehta's upcoming film Midnight's Children. In the film, Ronit hits his on-screen son, Darsheel Safary so hard that the character in the film turns deaf in one year.

The award winning actor Ronit Roy joined the team of Midnight's Children after Irrfan Khan walked out of the film. He replaced Irrfan and will be seen playing a pivotal role of Ahmed Sinai, the father of Saleem Sinai, the protagonist in the film.

Deepa was very keen on Irrfan doing the role as she wanted to work with him and Irrfan has a good command on the holy book Quaran, which was very much needed to play the character. A source informes Bollywood Hungama, "Irrfan fitted the bill perfectly. However, his dates clashed with two other international projects Spiderman and Life Of Pi. So he had to reluctantly back out. That's when Deepa's search for Saleem Sinai's father started again. Someone recommended the man who played the father in Udaan. Deepa ordered a copy of Udaan and she was immediately convinced Ronit was right for the part."

Ronit informed, "I am really not at liberty to talk about this. But yes I've been shooting out of the country away from my family. That's been tough on me. I don't like to take my wife and daughter on location. It's a torture for them and a distraction for me."

Reportedly, Ronit has been studying the Holy Quran for the role. In his earlier film Udaan, he bagged the role when Kay Kay Mennon opted out of the film. Looks like others loss is Ronit's gain

Leena Jumani's first lip-lock!

Neha Maheshwri, TNN | May 14, 2011, 12.00am IST

TV has come of age and so have actors. They are trying things that were considered taboo until now.

One such actress is Leena Jumani aka Pakhi of Ganga Kii Dheej, who decided to shed all inhibitions and get into her first lip-lock ever with her male co-star Mohit Raina, of course on screen. But shooting for it obviously wasn't easy for this shy Gujarati girl.

Leena's character Pakhi recently got married on the show and it was time for consummation and that would mean some explicit and intimate scenes. She was intimated by the makers about the rain song with Mohit, which would ultimately lead to intimacy and conclude with a passionate kiss.

Everything went off well and so did the steamy smooch, but now the channel is in a predicament whether to air it or not. We contacted Leena who was rather chilled out about shooting the kiss sequence, but she admitted, "The consummation scene was one of the most stressful scenes I have shot so far. Moreover, Mohit and I had to make it look sensuous.

My biggest worry was the lip-lock. Thankfully, the song was picturised without many retakes and most importantly the lip-lock was passed in one attempt. I don't have any qualms to doing such scenes as long as I am convinced that its inevitable to the script." Is the Bhatt camp or Emraan Hashmi hearing?

Is Balaji planning a sequel to Bandini?

Ronit Roy and Aasiya Kazi

After the return of Kitani Mohabbat Hai and Choti Bahu with their respective second seasons, fans are rejoicing and now they have started to expect the sequels to all their favourite shows which have gone off air. So as the "Season 2" phenomenon is in the air fans of Bandini are expecting a sequel to their beloved show. Also a recent status message by Ekta Kapoor on a networking site indicating that Bandini season 2 was on her mind. Though TellyChakkar could not verify the authenticity of this message it did speak to some of the actors on the show if they had been approached for the next season or even heard about plans for the sequel.

Aasiya Kazi who played Santu says, "I have been getting messages from my fans but nothing has been communicated to me from the creative head or Ekta. We all want the show to come back as much as our fans want to as all of us from the cast are like a family. We speak on the phone whenever we can and try to meet at least once a month."

Shardul Pandit who essayed Maulik said, "I have not heard about season 2 at all. If it happens I would love to be a part of the show but nothing is happening at the moment. My role in the show is still very close to my heart as it was different."

Prerna Wanvari who played the character of Kadambari informs, "I get at least 50 requests from my fans on facebook requesting to get Bandini back but I have no idea about season 2. I will be really happy if it comes back."

However Ronit Roy took a step ahead and gave us a clearer picture. He said, "Yes, Ekta had put up a status stating that she is thinking about the next season for Bandini. But from thinking to implementation it's a long process where the actors, channel, production house will have to be brought together and you will have to wait for it." When asked if the sequel would work he says, "Seasons of shows have worked abroad and if this is formatted well it will work. But for now I have a lot of work to do."

Keep watching this space to know if Bandini does return with a new season

Wishing Prerna Wanvari, a happy birthday

•  
Prerna Wanvari

It's Prerna Wanvari's birthday today and she is happy because this is the day she gets all the special attention. The television star feels special on her birthday with all the cake cutting, gifts and people around her.

As per our source, "The actress celebrated her birthday last night in a joint Eid party at the house of Aasiya Kazi, her co-star from Bandini. The Bandini team was present where Prerna got lots of gifts including a Louis Vuitton purse from Aasiya. The party went on till 1.30!"

Prerna confirmed the same. Fortunately, she has an off today which means an endless celebration for the actress. "I will be going on a long drive with my close friends to town after which I will be with my family," she says. But spending time with her family is a must on her birthday as she says, "Everyone is busy otherwise. Mom has her work. Dad is busy with his and my brother is busy preparing for his boards this is one day when all of us come together."

We wish Prerna a happy year ahead.

Prerna Wanvari does it again

Prerna Wanvari

An item song that is, once again for Balaji Telefilms but this time for Kitni Mohabbat Hai 2.

A source says, "Prerna will be performing on the Punjabi track Mera laungawacha in Arjun and Arohi's wedding sequence in the episode tonight. At present Arjun and Arohi are staying at an old couple's place and they want the two to get married hence, they will take them to the temple which is considered to be very auspicious to get married. Whether the two get married or no is something one should look out for."

Another source adds, "Prerna will be seen performing on this song in a complete 'Munni' costume. She has earlier done item numbers in Tujh Sang Preet Lagai Sajna where she performed on 'Tera saath ho toh' and in Bairi Piya on the track 'Yeh galiyan yeh chaubara'."

Prerna confirmed the same and said, "Kritika Kamra (Arohi) and Karan Kundra (Arjun) are my friends and it was a good opportunity to spend some quality time with them." On her being Balaji's first choice for most of the dance numbers she says, "Yes, looks like they have faith in me."