Bandini

!! Bandini - Articles Archive !! - Page 2

ar78655 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Who has the hottest body on television?

Ronit Roy: Being in his forties, it is commendable the way Ronit maintains his body. He works out 2-3 times a week and has stopped eating rice. Ronit carries off the casual look well, giving competition to guys half his age. You wouldn't think that he is the father of three children.

Link http://www.indya.com/gallery/gallery.aspx?aid=32
Edited by ammoos - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Does Leena Jumani scare you?

Leena Jumani is girl who has been scaring us on television for the past one month. She plays Suhasi in Koi Aane Ko Hai (Colors, Friday and Saturday at 10pm.). Leena who is also seen in Bandini (NDTV Imagine) spoke to us about her character and experience of doing a horror show.

How did you get this role?
I am playing a second lead in Bandini. I am originally Sindhi but I have been living in Gujarat for many years. I have done Gujarati films. I gave auditions for Bandini and before they wanted to start with this show (Koi Aane Ko Hai), they called me for this role and I was selected for it.

Tell us something about your role
This is my first horror show. I haven't played such a character in my career so far. I was also apprehensive about this role. They narrated the entire story to me and I was thinking 'God knows how will I do it!'. But it was my first show as a lead and I did not want to lose this opportunity. The whole transformation which I had to undergo for show from a simple girl called Suhasi to a very aggressive Savita was really challenging for me.

How did you prepare for this role?
I got selected only two days before the actually shoot so I did not get any time to work out on my role at all. The story has Maharashtrian family and I do not know anything about it as I am Sindhi.It was difficult for me to speak Marathi words. My co-actors who are Marathi helped me out and even few people from production team told me mannerism and everything. As far as my look is concerned my creative team explained things to me and we have made a lot of effort to ensure it turns out properly.

And what's the response been so far?
It was very different character when I switched to Savita's character. I have to use bad words and even have to change my expression but I have been getting good responses from Sandip sir and Ekta ma'm is also happy with my work. Whenever I go out kids get scared of me and their parents tell them that she is a very normal girl. In real life I had not seen such thing but yes I have heard about it a lot. My massi had seen a sprit. But I do not get scared of anything and mostly my mother accompanies me everywhere as I don't travel alone.

What are your expectations from your role in Bandini?

I got a good chance to showcase my talent in this show. If I would get such a chance again I will do it. In Bandini I am playing very simple village girl who belongs to poor family. I have lots of hope from that character even though it is a second lead over there. I am very positive about that and want to concentrate on that too.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/April/News_20090410_47

niveditha thumbnail

Bharat Chawda back in Bandini..

The next interesting twist in NDTV Imagine's Bandini is that Bharat Chawda who essayed the character of Shashank returns ...

niveditha thumbnail

New company for Mrunal Jain..

The actor who plays Hiten in Bandini has got a new company on the sets. Read to know further..

niveditha thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

'I want an award for best actress' – Leena Jhumani

Khemi of Bandini talks about her dreams and fears...

ar78655 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
TV stars cross over to the dark side

Maybe because it's slimming, stylish or just safe but the television brigade, unlike their onscreen personas, love the colour black. Actors are always seen in very bright and colorful traditional clothes on their serials. But when they step out of their reel life images, they tend to balance things out wearing black outfits - all the time!

Ronit Roy
Mostly seen in white as Dharmaraj on Bandini (NDTV Imagine), Ronit Roy loves wearing black when he's not shooting. We've spotted him in the colour at parties, hanging out and even at personal functions. And whether he's in formals or casuals, black is Ronit's colour of choice.

Link http://www.indya.com/gallery/gallery.aspx?aid=122Edited by ammoos - 13 years ago
niveditha thumbnail

Mrunal Jain's fitness mantra...

The handsome lad from Bandini talks about his fitness secrets and gives some tips...

niveditha thumbnail

Another love track in Bandini?

The story line in the NDTV Imagine show Bandini will now focus on Hiten and Khemi...

niveditha thumbnail
Serials move from city to village
Sonali Joshi/Hill Road Media

Gone are the days on TV when we watched business families doing unbelievably well in their huge bungalows with their lavish cars, wearing expensive clothes and heavy jewellery. More recently, the big havelis and jewellery has vanished and village life is taking center stage.
Showing 4 of 4 images Previous    Next

Bandini
, set in Gujrat, is the story of Santo, who lives in a village. Her grandfather works with diamond merchants so Santo's family is untouchable. Santo makes mud pots to sell. She wears unglamorous clothes and no make up. Bandini has also showed how killing a cow is inauspicious for all Hindus.
http://www.indya.com/gallery/gallery.aspx?aid=164
niveditha thumbnail
Asiya Kazi: I'll marry an older man

The actress of Bandini is married to someone thrice her age in the series but she says she will need a good reason to marry someone so much older to her in real life.

She says that if she were forced into marrying an older man, she would try to find out the reasoning behind it before accepting it.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/May/News_20090508_39

• Hill Road Media
  • Friday, May 08, 2009