Suggestions and improvements!!

Athena90 thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
hellooooooo

I am trying to get this place more fun!

So, I'm coming up with new things, well old things brought back. Depends on what you guys want.

There's Member of the week (MOTW) - there's a member in the hot seat and you get to know the member and make friends with him/her.

Discussion of the week (DOTW) - there's a topic of the week thats being discussing or debated and you guys get to share your view.

Quote of the week (QOTW) - there will be a quote up and you guys get to discuss the quote and the relevance to your life

Game of the week (GOTW) - there will be a game so all of you can play! 😛

Ok, so now i want suggestions. which activities do you guys want. If you guys want some other activities, tell me and i'll see if we can have them.

And if you guys want MOTW, who's the first person you want to grill? It has to be someone you know little about and want to find out more about. The person has to be someone who comes to ML. In the past we have grilled GMs and CMs and all, but they might be busy now. So lemme know if there's anyone you want to grill so i can ask them.

And for DOTW, some topic you guys are dying to discuss? Lemme know so i can post it up

And for GOTW, tell me what sort of game you guys would like to play? And we could play them.

OK, keep the suggestions coming! 😳😳
Edited by sneha3105 - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sunidhifan4evr thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: sneha3105

hellooooooo

I am trying to get this place more fun!

So, I'm coming up with new things, well old things brought back. Depends on what you guys want.

There's Member of the week (MOTW) - there's a member in the hot seat and you get to know the member and make friends with him/her. ----- i think we should have this because the otehr member gets to know the one on hot seat better

Discussion of the week (DOTW) - there's a topic of the week thats being discussing or debated and you guys get to share your view. ---- i like that because we can discuss current issue on that so there is not million topics on one major topic

Quote of the week (QOTW) - there will be a quote up and you guys get to discuss the quote and the relevance to your life-- i dont thing many ppl pay attention to this although it wud be nice if they did

Game of the week (GOTW) - there will be a game so all of you can play!--  i guess its ok not the best but ok ðŸ˜›

Ok, so now i want suggestions. which activities do you guys want. If you guys want some other activities, tell me and i'll see if we can have them.

And if you guys want MOTW, who's the first person you want to grill? It has to be someone you know little about and want to find out more about. The person has to be someone who comes to ML. In the past we have grilled GMs and CMs and all, but they might be busy now. So lemme know if there's anyone you want to grill so i can ask them.

And for DOTW, some topic you guys are dying to discuss? Lemme know so i can post it up---- obama lol becz i mean tats the major headlines right now

And for GOTW, tell me what sort of game you guys would like to play? And we could play them. -- the first one can be guess who is next

OK, keep the suggestions coming! 😳😳

iiHEARTyu-x0 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

We should have like new people posting new games every week :D

Like we can make this calendar, that says whos posting a game each week :)
sunidhifan4evr thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
We should have some kind of pop quizzes lol
Huduga thumbnail
Re-organise the whold General-discussion..

there are already, forum game, chit-chat, jokes,miscellenous, and this ML, DM,HF, FB,Comp.. ..

First the search for post doesn't work. (added: now it is working :-)
then posts are not getting moved to correct section. (added: well this is still true, mod shud move topics in correct sections, and shud warn others. but well..)
it is all messed up.
---
And abt grilling, that has become very silly. ppl just love to copy-paste 100s questions, which they themselves don't read.
yeah, questioners come, and don't even read prev.replied answers, they will just post the repeat questions too.
There shud be some rules abt it. bcoz some ppl don't seem to have common sense too.
====
Added-2. feb 6th

hmm, now it seems, ML and 'general discussions' section got merged,  from main page, it comes here.
I was talking to some friends, and i came to know.
that ML can't become like earlier. Coz now general-discussion forum got added. so now u have so many other sections, especially chit-chat, misc, FB, jokes,HF, love,science etc.
Those topics used to come in ML most of the times.

And now, many mods have relaxed or ignoring the rules in other serials sections, and bday,celebrations,congrats , games, jokes, articles everything is going on in many sections itself. Noone moves anything here.

Many of the topics which we can try here, already have their own sections.  so jokes shud go to jokes, debates shud go to debate mansion. health topics to "health and fashion" etc.
It is quite complicated.
The section 'chit-chat' looks more happening place, it has everything what ML has. There is very little difference.
You need a GM and admin to fix all these things. and have to define lots of rules, then u can have traffic and interest.
--------
And Thanks for taking interest in this place :-)
by the way, this section has 4 Mods and 2 viewbies and 2 CM.
-----

And few mods/viewbie contribute posts there daily.

Edited by Huduga - 15 years ago
LeoLeo thumbnail
This forum looks so cluttered and flooded. I am overwhelmed by the things on the page.
Can you guys make it a little cleaner and less ads? I understand that Ads are required for making money but there is better way to do that.
Instead of adding ads everywhere, add them strategically so you get more hits. That way the page looks more welcoming and you get hits.

LeoLeo thumbnail
If you want more ideas, look at vanilla forum software add-ons(http://lussumo.com/addons/). You should be able to grab some really cool ideas from there. These add-ons are for providing more features and some of them are pretty cool.
You guys can get some of them on to this site(not the addons but similar features).

Here is an example where some of them are used: http://www.loudindian.com/

Why reinventing the wheel when you can get it from these places already ;)