Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

skeptical thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Arwen sweetie,

There will be teachers and teachers...................just like the world is made of different types of ppl.  Each of us remembers two types of teachers.  One whom we loved and the other whom we hated.

Lets talk about the one we hated:
Hated them for basically the following reasons -
1.  Could not put across the subject matter (I hate saying couldn't teach)
2.  Was too judgemental (like yr prof)

At colg level, the interaction is different betw the profs and the learners.  You can learn something from both of these above mentioned hated types despite the way you feel about them. 

For the first variety, you could question them....like, "Ma'am these are my views on this this this..what would you say? What is your take on it?"  You may be surprised at the knowledge that tumbles out.  Its all locked up in her head.  If you find the right key, you will be amazed at the wealth of knowledge inside yr prof's head.

For the second type, its a very difficult situation.  But learn now dear.  This handling will help you in yr future life.  Yr boss, your peers at work, yr subordinates will all give you a pain sometime or another in yr career whatever you may choose.  Ask Dewy, D_I, Numes, Sammy, Joey and other working girls on the forum.  One thing I have gleaned from yr writing about her (yr prof) is, that, she is sending a message across.  It could be....."There are two important things here:  its what you want to write and how you you write it."  Arwen, you may never be able to please her, if she is the pompous kind.  But if you do incorporate "its what you want to write and how you you write it" in yr style of writing, believe me it will take you places.  It is going to hone your communication skills.  Preparing brochures, presentations and giving lectures in your career will get enhaced by it.  Forget about her, she's a pain and is stuck in a grove.

All the best, amiga !!!!! 

PS  This is only my POV.  After seeing so many more summers than you, I thought I should say what I have.
ranjnanarang thumbnail
Thanks Arwen for the warm welcome.
Now after reading your posts i was dragged into my college days. Though I never did anything even remotely intellectual as I was in a catering college doing various things like working on ranges dishing oout innovative food, mixing various spirits may be to invent some new cocktail and coming up with disastrous stuff, learning to put the sheet right on the bed and not to be missed learning to deal with the guests of different advents and trying to invent techniques to remember names. Anyway as skepti said teachers are teachers and some of them can be painful. Worse is a judgemental teacher like yours, I equate them with Hitlar after all he also wanted to create a race of tall and good looking aryans and was a drawf himslef.
I suggest that don't take too many tensions (easier said than done as it is affecting grades) but since there is not much of an option so chill and you can always share all your vies with us any time girl.
ranjnanarang thumbnail

Originally posted by: Dawn Idol

Thanks guys ............... I'm glad all of you have started in right earnest ..........

I may have been the one to put forth the idea .............

But I'm sure it must have been on everybody's mind for quite some time now ..........

Ranjna ........... Ganapati Pule sounds heavenly .............

Sunrises & Sunsets .... sun drenched beaches ,;....... clean shore ....... sharng it with your loved ones ..........

Sighhhhhhhhhhhh .... What more can one ask for ........!!!!!!

It indeed is heavenly Dawn infact it has one of the asht ganpati temples which are very famous in maharashtra try and go there if you can.
Awesome.Sauce thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Arwen...

hey neha😊 was laughing thru out reading this cos i know xactly how u feel.. actually its not so bad with me..i dont have 2-4 hr breaks in between classes.....my problem is the fact that the teachers when they decide suddenly that they r not coming..they msg just b4 the class starts..like today..we had this one class and the teacher didnt show up...she msged the class rep just when the class was supposed to start....lucky that i didnt go to colg today....the worst is when the teacher has a class later on in the day and than she doesnt show up for some reason....😑😑😑 and another thing once my teacher didnt arrive on time for a two hr class so naturally all of us went r seperate ways..like the colg cafe or wahtever.. i was in the cafe with my friends when about 15 minutes b4 the class was suppsed to end, v reiceved the sms that the teacher had arrived and come for the class right now!!!!!! and than she actually had the nerve to say that u r not suppsoed to leave until i msg that the class wont take place!!!! she was an hour and forty five minutes late and she actually ahd the guts to say that😑😑😑what happened to the rule that if a teacher doesnt arrive for a class within ten minutes..that class is not suppsoed to take place??? another time this same teacher asked for an extra two hour session from 3-5... and she didnt arrived for that either and didnt send any msg.. the nxt day she said that she msgd that she wont b able to take the class... that particulsr msg was sent to my class rep at 3 am the nxt morningπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† so ever faced situtaions like this one???

so u hate Harry Potter? thats apity cos i love the books... though i cant stand the movies

i love this thread.........i m getting yet another oppurtunity to bash my teachers...i m alwasy doing that with my colg friends and my familyπŸ˜ƒ

πŸ˜†lolzzzzzzzzzzzz...arwen...i can feel ur pain...dear...I REALLY CAN....well frankly speakin'...i js sumtimes...don' understand the teachers....πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†(afterol'  M NORMAL STUDENT......HAINA...)πŸ˜†πŸ˜†..Seriously yaar....yew noe sum teachers js take us 4 granted....i mean...lemme tell ya a story...bout' wa happened few daiiz back......πŸ˜†πŸ˜‰ ....

yew noe..derez a RULE in ma coll dat cell fonez r not allowed durin' d class tym...so...ma dental co-ordinator....is veryy STRICT bout' dis rule........Durin' d start of d semester....he asked us to keep our cell fones on viberation or on silent....so dat it wont ring in between d class....n' disturbin' d flow of teachin'....he said dat"Make sure ur cell fones r switched off ....durin' d lecture...as i HATE d disturbance...if by ny' means, yew got ny callz  in between d class.....the only person who will answer it...will b "ME"....πŸ˜†πŸ˜†n'.it wont b pleasant..talkin' 2 a frustrated prof.early in d mornin'...πŸ˜†πŸ˜†..." so 4m dat daii we followed dat rule....like gud students...πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

now comes d best part....πŸ˜†...we were studyin' bout' d new dental techniques.....with d same teacher....n' guess wot....MA PROF. CELL RANG....in between d lecture....🀣.....he looked @ us ........n' we could see how embarressed he wuz....in front of the whole..class.....omg...we were laughin' sooooooooooooooooooooo hard.....dat tym...cuz it wuz completely UNEXPECTED....wot happened...as it wuz cumin' 4m d same prof. who wuz blabberin' bout' " CELL FONE ETIQUETTES" a daii b4...πŸ˜†

so the moral of d story is..............RULES R OLWAIIZ DIFF FOR TEACHERS N' STUDENTS...NO MATTER WOT...
IF WE DOE SUMTHIN' ITS " WRONG"  IF DEY DOE SUMTHIN' ITS " BY MISTAKE"

luv
neha😳
ranjnanarang thumbnail

Originally posted by: skeptical

I am going to continue with my FF: Moonbeams.........In the meanwhile I have written 2-3 short stories (My POVs), which Joey has catalogued in the FF section, should you feel like reading those in the mean time.

Coming to Ganpatipule, I have visited that ethereal place several times, right from the days of my childhood.  In those visits, I have made so many little little jottings.  Those were the times which I spent with my parents.  As I look back, we children must have been like yr baby troubling them through the journey.  But like you they too never remembered the irritations.  It was just good memories of they with their children.  Same like you.  And one day, your lil boy will remember his mamma with so much love and fondness.  Same like me.  Mayb I could post them here?  Is that allowed? πŸ˜•

Read them skepti and tounge tied as usual after reading your writings. simply putting them loved them. Infact one request can you write something on morning after wuld love to read it.
Thanks a lot
ranjnanarang thumbnail

Jo .......... I have yet to go thru your wedding threads ..........

Will get back later ............

Sitting in fromt of the system on your Bidaii day ????

Now why doesn't that surprise me !!!!! πŸ˜†

I doesnt surprise me either but want to know one thing jo how did you manage that. On my bidai they did not let me get a wink of india pak semi final in world cup.
ranjnanarang thumbnail
@sami lovely pic
actually I love snow hence loved the pic too. But I can imagine how painful it can get to be there day in and day out after a while it does get gloomy.

Dawn Idol thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Neha - Arwen ...........

Loved reading your college and teacher tales ............

Felt nostalgic too ...........

I can understand how bossy teachers can get ............
You know that kinda 'i'm always right " look  ..........

And bosses aren't diff you know ......... same rules applies here too .....

We do something wrong .... we're duffers
Boss does something wrong ..... he has too much on his mind ....

πŸ˜† .........

Edited by Dawn Idol - 15 years ago
Dawn Idol thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Guys ....... found this while browsing ..........

I think it's beautiful .............. Check it out ........

I'm just a little Sparrow
I have no pedigree
I'm rarely ever noticed
But the Lord is watching me

He gave me a coat of feathers
'tis very plain I know
Without a speck of color
For it wasn't made for show

It keeps me warm in winter
Protects me from the rain
Were it trimmed in gold or silver
Perhaps, would make vain

I have no barn or store house
I neither sow nor reap
God gives me my daily portion
With not a seed to keep

There are many other Sparrows
All over the world they're found
And my Father always knows
When one of us falls to the ground

I'm only a little Sparrow
A bird of low degree
But I know my Father loves me
Dost thou know His love for Thee?

It touches your heart does'nt it ............ 😊

Edited by Dawn Idol - 15 years ago
Taiyo thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Guys ....... found this while browsing ..........

I think it's beautiful .............. Check it out ........

I'm just a little Sparrow
I have no pedigree
I'm rarely ever noticed
But the Lord is watching me

He gave me a coat of feathers
'tis very plain I know
Without a speck of color
For it wasn't made for show

It keeps me warm in winter
Protects me from the rain
Were it trimmed in gold or silver
Perhaps, would make vain

I have no barn or store house
I neither sow nor reap
God gives me my daily portion
With not a seed to keep

There are many other Sparrows
All over the world they're found
And my Father always knows
When one of us falls to the ground

I'm only a little Sparrow
A bird of low degree
But I know my Father loves me
Dost thou know His love for Thee?

It touches your heart does'nt it ............ 😊

Dawn, that is really beautiful 😊

@ Arwen having problem with her college teacher... 😊 At times, teachers are like, "I know everything" and have this over the top superiority complex about themselves.

Regarding marks, I never could argue with my college professors, always felt I am going to flunk, and they were kind enough to pass meπŸ˜†

@Neha ... You one gone case πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

@Sam Me so want to see the snow-fall and the whole surrounding all white 😭😭😭 lucky you, though I know you must be hating it at the moment. πŸ˜ƒ
Edited by an12345678 - 15 years ago