Ramayan

Vibhishan---corect?

Poll Question: Do you think Vibhishan was correct in joining Shri Ram?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
18 [90.00%]
2 [10.00%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 6

Page 1
Page   of 6
Page 2 Page 6

cityoflights

IF-Veteran Member

cityoflights

IPKKND 3rd Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 15 January 2009 at 7:19pm | IP Logged
Please reply!!!Big smile

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Vibhishan---corect?" in Ramayan forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

akhl

IF-Rockerz

akhl

Posted: 15 January 2009 at 9:07pm | IP Logged
Yes. Anywaybody who joins the side of Lord is correct.

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 15 January 2009 at 9:23pm | IP Logged
A more interesting discussion would be - if you were in their shoes, who would you follow - Vibhishan or Kumbhakarna?  The above question is a slam dunk, but more intriguing would be the cognitive dissonant exercise that would be invoked here.

Vibhishna

Goldie

Vibhishna

Posted: 16 January 2009 at 2:38am | IP Logged

Kumbhkaran, Vibhishan and Indrajeet - all of them did the right thing.

Kumbhkaran - stood by his brother, though he tried to dissuade his elder brother from continuing the war.

Indrajeet - supported his father and though he was convinced that Ram and Lakshman could be defeated he realised the truth in the end and tried to convince his father.

Both Kumbhkaran and Indrajeet went to war knowing very well that they would not return just to remain loyal to Ravan.

Vibhishan - would have done the same as Kumbhkaran if Ravan had not kicked him out. He would have continously pestered Ravan to release Sita and apologise to Ram. But he would have never left him if Ravan had not thrown him out. In this way, what Vibhishan did was also correct. And by aiding a person who was fighting for a righteous cause, he followed the path of Dharma.

For a moment I thought that this thread was developed because of the confusion of my name LOLLOLLOL

Edited by Vibhishna - 16 January 2009 at 2:40am

cityoflights

IF-Veteran Member

cityoflights

Posted: 16 January 2009 at 4:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Chandraketu

A more interesting discussion would be - if you were in their shoes, who would you follow - Vibhishan or Kumbhakarna?  The above question is a slam dunk, but more intriguing would be the cognitive dissonant exercise that would be invoked here.

You're right.LOL But it's too late to change the poll, so I guess I'll make another one.

cityoflights

IF-Veteran Member

cityoflights

Posted: 16 January 2009 at 4:39am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Vibhishna

Kumbhkaran - stood by his brother, though he tried to dissuade his elder brother from continuing the war.

Indrajeet - supported his father and though he was convinced that Ram and Lakshman could be defeated he realised the truth in the end and tried to convince his father.

Both Kumbhkaran and Indrajeet went to war knowing very well that they would not return just to remain loyal to Ravan.

Vibhishan - would have done the same as Kumbhkaran if Ravan had not kicked him out. He would have continously pestered Ravan to release Sita and apologise to Ram. But he would have never left him if Ravan had not thrown him out. In this way, what Vibhishan did was also correct. And by aiding a person who was fighting for a righteous cause, he followed the path of Dharma.

For a moment I thought that this thread was developed because of the confusion of my name LOLLOLLOL

Nice explanation.Clap You're right also.

No, I was not confused by your name.LOL

Vibhishna

Goldie

Vibhishna

Posted: 18 January 2009 at 7:59pm | IP Logged

No, I was not confused by your name.LOL
[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I don't mean any offence. My name has been mis-spelt so many times. That's why I thought that way.

Edited by Vibhishna - 18 January 2009 at 8:06pm

desichica

IF-Dazzler

desichica

Posted: 18 January 2009 at 8:05pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Vibhishna

Wonderful explanation Vibhishna...cudn't have said it better myself!!!!!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top