Twilight

Why the hype about Twilight?

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

nrasheed

IF-Dazzler

nrasheed

Posted: 15 January 2009 at 10:56am | IP Logged
Ummm i'm really baffeled about the masses of younge ladies that seem to be in love with Bella and Edwards's relationship? can someone please fill me in on what i'm missing, cause i just dont get it? In my POV...Bella's and Edwards relationship seems very shallow, and a bit weird is it not? I mean he's a bit creepy following her around as he debates on wheather or not to eat her or cuddle up to her...Confused okay ....waiting to hear what you have to say...thanks...

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Why the hype about Twilight?" in Twilight forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

RandomSquared

IF-Sizzlerz

RandomSquared

Teen Bahuraaniyan Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 15 January 2009 at 2:04pm | IP Logged
well he's a vampire...n whole whole point is that he's the biggest threat to her life, n she threatens everything he ever worked for (not killing ppl) n yet they choose to be better cuz they love eachther

the following her around part is stalker-ish

mimi0295

IF-Veteran Member

mimi0295

Posted: 15 January 2009 at 6:50pm | IP Logged
Hiya diiiiiiiii!!

What're you doin' here? lol Im just jokin! It's been ages since you've PMed..:(

Kai, back to your topic, I agree. It is kind of creepy once you think of it. But as "youth" I can probably guess why everyone is so caught up with this saga. See, it's like what my teacher once said "The twilight saga is more lust than love" and apparently, us being teens and all get "hormonal" when we read things like that.
Haha, I was also madly insane over the series until now. When I got the chance to think of it, and realized my teacher was right. I kind of read it more for fun.. and I dont know if you'll get what I mean when I say the book is kind of "filling" . Haha, thats my theory!

---------Your Sunshine

P.S PM me! I miss you! :'(

~devi~

Goldie

~devi~

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 15 January 2009 at 9:10pm | IP Logged
As a fellow lover, i would like to represent my p.o.v by saying that its a forbidden love thing.

I think that deep down, including myself, every girl wants to be loved like Bella Swan. The way Edward cares for her is really what girls are deewana over...how he can love someone so much that he can suppress his desire to eat her and instead care for her...so....Embarrassed And how they would both give up their lives for each other without even thinking....

Also, its just amazing. It gives girls hope that maybe, those kind of relationships can still be found. You know...where two people can love each other so much that their existence means more to them then their selves...

I don't know about you or others, but for me, every night i dream about finding someone like Edward for myself...Embarrassed

and about him following her around and stuff...well, personally, i wouldn't mind being followed around by the most gorgeous man both internally and physically ever.

and i don't think its shallow at all, rather the opposite. In today's generation, it is very rare to find some one that will love you so much, that the only thing that is important to them any more is their happiness, and that is clearly Edward and Bella's relationship.

spunkpattinson

Goldie

spunkpattinson

Posted: 16 January 2009 at 2:42am | IP Logged
i think the way they have expressed love is the best part reallyy!!!
i reallyy love their chemistry!! and their love reallyyy makes me wish that one day my mr.edward cullen even cumxxx ....
tooo hell with mr.prince charming and tall dark handsum theory!!
pale is in !! lolxxxx
and glad to see ya after long tyme!!

nrasheed

IF-Dazzler

nrasheed

Posted: 16 January 2009 at 9:59am | IP Logged

thanks so much for the insight to your pov's....makes me marvel at the innocence of youth.... Big smile for you gals life is so black and white, its easy for you to see relationships as such, for in reality relationships have so many dynamics attached to it...and perhaps that is why Twilight is a teenage love story, Meyer's knew her target audience, and yeah mimiii, i agree it was a good story as long as you dont pick to deep beyound the surface...

Good to see you too sarareimoo....happy new year to youuu....
thanks again for your replies....

I guess in the end we all are just after a happily ever after ending..WinkLOL 

Born-star

IF-Rockerz

Born-star

Posted: 21 January 2009 at 3:19am | IP Logged
well I am 25 BUT I STILL Like the story..
If you minus the vampire part .
Story is really interesting how a guy care about a girl..
In real life only girls care about boys heheh
But edward  Has re create the love......

-Navi

IF-Rockerz

-Navi

Posted: 23 January 2009 at 3:49pm | IP Logged
I agree with you nrasheed. I liked twilight such a while ago and for the past few months horomones of it's philistine female fan base is just tooo much and with all that I started detesting twilight. Really overrated, writing style is mediocre and it's not that original.. unworthy of all the hype.

-Navi.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top