Arranged marriage or love marriage?? - Page 4

Posted: 14 years ago
I preferred arrange marriage.....
Both r gud in their own wayy bt i'll prefer ARRANGE MARRIAGE....
heyy... nice topic...

as for me... i want mine love cum arranged... i wanna fall in love with the guy i marry, before i marry him, or at least, get some time to know the guy...
i still like d idea of a love marriage... i can never imagine marrying someone im not in love with...
but den again..arranged marriage depends on what type it is..i dunt like d forced arranged marriages..or d ones where d boy-girl hardly know each other
of cos in YRKKH an arranged marriage has been portrayed beautifully
even in d movie Vivaah...but not necassry such things happen in real life..
in real life..ur taking abig risk in marrying some1 u dunt really know..how can u be so sure of his character and hw wud u know ur love will blossom after marriage??..one can neverbe too sure..even a love marriage doesnt hv 100% guarantee,of course...
bt at least ders tt satisfying feeling that u know  u love him, and thats d sole reason why u r marrying him
marriage in based on love n trust !!
this topic keeps popping up all the time

yet so perfect one to discuss at each stage

now going by the story one would say arranged marriages are the best

It's okay to have any kind of marriage,the real test comes after an arranged marriage- the factor called adaptability that works, but in a love marriage whether that person has really understood the other person and fallen in love or is it the initial spark that has been misunderstood   as love should be noted
tell me guys,do love marriages need not be worked on because  one has understood the other person.I don't. think so.any marriage needs nurturing, adjustments,trust,flexibility.so basically there is no basic difference between both. it completely boils down to the person one is marrying.

I had an arranged marriage but i never ever regretted it because of my husband's nature.I still live with my inlaws who are as old as my grand parent,i had a lot of adjustments to make but never regretted them as my husband did the same.I have married very young and have been married for ten years now.Now we realise that the trust and love has slowly developed between us
to me....seriously...a marriage shuld be lyk aksharas one...after your parents choose a boy for ya...dat doesn't mean he is mr.perfct 4 ya...so i think lyk akshara....after your parents chooses a boy...u gotta knw him...spend tym wid him lyk akshara did....that's da way both the guys would knw each other better...develop love 4  da man...and if u think he is perfect....get married...it'll be arrange+love marriage...haina?????to me dis idea is gud!!!!!!!!!😉
Originally posted by pinky_94

to me....seriously...a marriage shuld be lyk aksharas one...after your parents choose a boy for ya...dat doesn't mean he is mr.perfct 4 ya...so i think lyk akshara....after your parents chooses a boy...u gotta knw him...spend tym wid him lyk akshara did....that's da way both the guys would knw each other better...develop love 4  da man...and if u think he is perfect....get married...it'll be arrange+love marriage...haina?????to me dis idea is gud!!!!!!!!!😉
agree with u..love cum arranged marriage is gd!!😛
Wow, nice topic... I would really like to quote from my fav book Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen.. Eliza Bennet's friend Charlotte Lucas tells her "Happiness in marriage is entirely a matter of chance." It truly depends on partners... I think respect for each other plays more important role in the long run regardless of love or arranged... treating each other with dignity is very important... In that respect, I am sad to say my observation of newly married girls is that of disappointment... I am noticing so many girls are treating their husbands so rudely, so out of hand that it is unforgivable... I feel in this era of feminist movement, the pendulum has swung too far.
I agree with the others, doesnt matter if you had a love or an arranged, having that love stick through and going through hurdles and obstalces togehter as husband and wife is what marriage is about..
i had a love marriage, me and my husband knew each other for 1.5 years but its after i married and him and started living with him then i realized who he is...oh the other hand my sis in law had an arranged marriage and she is the same..both of us are happy and in love with our better halves...i think its to each his own!