Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai

Arranged marriage or love marriage?? (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 6

Page 1
Page   of 6
Page 3 Page 6

indian_chick

Goldie

indian_chick

Posted: 15 January 2009 at 10:43am | IP Logged
ummm....i dunnooo i dnt myndd bof2 tell u de truf..itdependz hw i feel at dah moment in life...if itz love marriage itz ite n if itz arragnd id make sure dah i knoo dee person propalii before id lykk sai yh2 em!!soo it realii dependz hw i feel!

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Arranged marriage or love marriage?? (Page 2)" in Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

premheer605

Groupbie

premheer605

Posted: 14 May 2009 at 9:48pm | IP Logged
well b4 i used 2 believe in love marriage but now i think arrange coz where eva i have seen i have seen that arrange maariage works for long then love marriage

Knowalot2

IF-Rockerz

Knowalot2

Posted: 09 August 2009 at 8:17am | IP Logged
Love marriages

I'm sorry but i dont believe in arranged marriages (no matter how sweet or good they sound)
- where the girl is forced to marry or taught from a young age that this is the right thing- when it always isn't

you all r saying that u wud like to fall in love after marrying ur life partners (fairy tale land- real life is not necessarily like Cinderella or sleeping beauty!ROFL!)
BUT how do you know that u definitely will fall in love with this person? how do u know that this is the one? Maybe this person doesn't even fall in love with u! or may not reat U the way u like to be treated?
- not a safe option!

at least my love marriage u will be choosing a safe option!

hide

IF-Rockerz

hide

Posted: 09 August 2009 at 8:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Knowalot2

Love marriages

I'm sorry but i dont believe in arranged marriages (no matter how sweet or good they sound)
- where the girl is forced to marry or taught from a young age that this is the right thing- when it always isn't

you all r saying that u wud like to fall in love after marrying ur life partners (fairy tale land- real life is not necessarily like Cinderella or sleeping beauty!ROFL!)
BUT how do you know that u definitely will fall in love with this person? how do u know that this is the one? Maybe this person doesn't even fall in love with u! or may not reat U the way u like to be treated?
- not a safe option!

at least my love marriage u will be choosing a safe option!

good arguments.. but in india it works... as brought is been such a way that girl fall in love with her husband, due to that reason divorce rates in comparison with west is less.. in west there is no concept of arranged marriage but only love then why the divorce rate is 99% where as in india the rate of divorce is 1%..  practically it shows arranged marriages are more successful than love..

Edited by lats55 - 09 August 2009 at 8:48am

ritu_iluvyrkkh

IF-Rockerz

ritu_iluvyrkkh

Posted: 09 August 2009 at 9:00am | IP Logged
I think when we say arranged marriages it immediatly gives the perception of being something forced and negative...but the only difference is that in love marriages you choose your partner and in arranged marriages your parents do...I think arranged marriages are definitly safer since our parents look at all aspects of the boy, including family, culture, background etc and make sure it matches with our upbringing and lifestyle so that we can easily fit in to the new household...

Love marriage might be more of external appearences than the more important things of life...and there is nothing to say that there is no love after marriage. You definily fall in love and share that special relationship with your spouse...And today even in arranged marriages the girl and boy spend time with each other and get to know each other before they tie the knot...

The only type of marriage that I dont works is the eloping wale marriages and as it happens in most films also where the girl eventually comes back...it happens in reality also...or even if they leave their family that sadness is always there...just my opinion and maybe its easy for me to say since I knew my husband long before we decided to get married and our parents arranged it for us..but it was not the filmy wala love marriage...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

anamika00_charu_

MaaU

IF-Sizzlerz

MaaU

Posted: 09 August 2009 at 9:20am | IP Logged
Good Topic to analysis LOL

Well in my point of view both r fine i wud say in love marriage its just diff tht u knw the person very well before marriage But ofcourse u hv to think abt u'r family n the VERY WELL KNOWN "CAST THING" least in india so when u r confident abt u'r choice go with Love Marriage In this i agree with knowalot Good Points Clap

Arrange marriage is safer side to not to hurt u'r family abt their future son/daughter in law dreams...they choose [ not actually choose but ask us to see,met n decide ] So If u think he/she is Ok for u, defo u can go ahead with arrange marriage, But yes this point comes in both way You shld knw each other in better way before marriage Meet each other spend some time Just say the time after Enagagement & Before Marraige is perfect to knw each other more n more, then only u can decide she/he is Ok or Not.

Asking me which i prefer i'll go with knowalot's point n love marriage But if n ONLY if my family n his family is agreed n fine with both of us relationship Then the CAST thing doesn't matter in my life for sure cz u can fall in luv with anybody tht time u dn no who is he/she family cast n things its just n Feeling u feel for tht particular person Thts It!!

^^ above conditions not applicable I'll Prefer Arrange Marriage For Sure!! it is also one kinda feeling maybe arrange marriage is fun like Naksh one Chupke Chupke Milna,Some Romantic Momnets Before Marriage,Some Lil [ONLY LIL] fight's on some silly topics,tht excitment for enagegment,for new family,new relations N ofcourse u get to knw Importance of u'r relations which u r living behind but not Actually LEFT!! Embarrassed n those Lil things on which we always laugh told by our grand parents saying tht this used to be in decades who does it NOW? coming to knw abt those importance tht they r also very much needed as other things in Life after Marriage. Hai naa?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Knowalot2

_charu_

IF-Sizzlerz

_charu_

Posted: 09 August 2009 at 9:20am | IP Logged
isn't this a 4-5 months old post? :S

MaaU

IF-Sizzlerz

MaaU

Posted: 09 August 2009 at 9:24am | IP Logged
ROFL yes charu its jan topic the show even not started also