Arranged marriage or love marriage?? - Page 2

Posted: 14 years ago
Love marriages

I'm sorry but i dont believe in arranged marriages (no matter how sweet or good they sound)
- where the girl is forced to marry or taught from a young age that this is the right thing- when it always isn't

you all r saying that u wud like to fall in love after marrying ur life partners (fairy tale land- real life is not necessarily like Cinderella or sleeping beauty!🤣!)
BUT how do you know that u definitely will fall in love with this person? how do u know that this is the one? Maybe this person doesn't even fall in love with u! or may not reat U the way u like to be treated?
- not a safe option!

at least my love marriage u will be choosing a safe option!

Originally posted by Knowalot2

Love marriages

I'm sorry but i dont believe in arranged marriages (no matter how sweet or good they sound)
- where the girl is forced to marry or taught from a young age that this is the right thing- when it always isn't

you all r saying that u wud like to fall in love after marrying ur life partners (fairy tale land- real life is not necessarily like Cinderella or sleeping beauty!🤣!)
BUT how do you know that u definitely will fall in love with this person? how do u know that this is the one? Maybe this person doesn't even fall in love with u! or may not reat U the way u like to be treated?
- not a safe option!

at least my love marriage u will be choosing a safe option!

good arguments.. but in india it works... as brought is been such a way that girl fall in love with her husband, due to that reason divorce rates in comparison with west is less.. in west there is no concept of arranged marriage but only love then why the divorce rate is 99% where as in india the rate of divorce is 1%..  practically it shows arranged marriages are more successful than love..
Edited by lats55 - 14 years ago
I think when we say arranged marriages it immediatly gives the perception of being something forced and negative...but the only difference is that in love marriages you choose your partner and in arranged marriages your parents do...I think arranged marriages are definitly safer since our parents look at all aspects of the boy, including family, culture, background etc and make sure it matches with our upbringing and lifestyle so that we can easily fit in to the new household...

Love marriage might be more of external appearences than the more important things of life...and there is nothing to say that there is no love after marriage. You definily fall in love and share that special relationship with your spouse...And today even in arranged marriages the girl and boy spend time with each other and get to know each other before they tie the knot...

The only type of marriage that I dont works is the eloping wale marriages and as it happens in most films also where the girl eventually comes back...it happens in reality also...or even if they leave their family that sadness is always there...just my opinion and maybe its easy for me to say since I knew my husband long before we decided to get married and our parents arranged it for us..but it was not the filmy wala love marriage...
Good Topic to analysis 😆

Well in my point of view both r fine i wud say in love marriage its just diff tht u knw the person very well before marriage But ofcourse u hv to think abt u'r family n the VERY WELL KNOWN "CAST THING" least in india so when u r confident abt u'r choice go with Love Marriage In this i agree with knowalot Good Points 👏

Arrange marriage is safer side to not to hurt u'r family abt their future son/daughter in law dreams...they choose [ not actually choose but ask us to see,met n decide ] So If u think he/she is Ok for u, defo u can go ahead with arrange marriage, But yes this point comes in both way You shld knw each other in better way before marriage Meet each other spend some time Just say the time after Enagagement & Before Marraige is perfect to knw each other more n more, then only u can decide she/he is Ok or Not.

Asking me which i prefer i'll go with knowalot's point n love marriage But if n ONLY if my family n his family is agreed n fine with both of us relationship Then the CAST thing doesn't matter in my life for sure cz u can fall in luv with anybody tht time u dn no who is he/she family cast n things its just n Feeling u feel for tht particular person Thts It!!

^^ above conditions not applicable I'll Prefer Arrange Marriage For Sure!! it is also one kinda feeling maybe arrange marriage is fun like Naksh one Chupke Chupke Milna,Some Romantic Momnets Before Marriage,Some Lil [ONLY LIL] fight's on some silly topics,tht excitment for enagegment,for new family,new relations N ofcourse u get to knw Importance of u'r relations which u r living behind but not Actually LEFT!! 😳 n those Lil things on which we always laugh told by our grand parents saying tht this used to be in decades who does it NOW? coming to knw abt those importance tht they r also very much needed as other things in Life after Marriage. Hai naa?
isn't this a 4-5 months old post? :S
🤣 yes charu its jan topic the show even not started also
Originally posted by lats55

good arguments.. but in india it works... as brought is been such a way that girl fall in love with her husband, due to that reason divorce rates in comparison with west is less.. in west there is no concept of arranged marriage but only love then why the divorce rate is 99% where as in india the rate of divorce is 1%..  practically it shows arranged marriages are more successful than love..

Sorry but i strongly disagree wid this
Success rates does not always corallate with happiness . A marriage may be successful but this doesn't mean that the couple are happy.

There are indian couples who are married for the sake of not having a divorce ("a so called successful marriage")...becoz the wife has kids and doesnt want to see them get left out. SO she SACRIFICES her OWN HAPPINESS for the sake of their kids... they haven't divorced.

depends what u mean by the word success actually!...a happy married life? or the length of how long the couple have been married for!

Edited by Knowalot2 - 14 years ago
my replies r in pink😳

Originally posted by iluvyrkkh

I think when we say arranged marriages it immediatly gives the perception of being something forced and negative...but the only difference is that in love marriages you choose your partner and in arranged marriages your parents do...I think arranged marriages are definitly safer since our parents look at all aspects of the boy, including family, culture, background etc and make sure it matches with our upbringing and lifestyle so that we can easily fit in to the new household...

Rarely...
Not all families can research enough into how the other person (prospective groom)thinks!
I've seen a lot of cases where the prospective groom has lied (for example on no. of previous marriages, or mental health)...
no one is a mind reader. We need time to see what the other person's personality is like!
at least 6 months. Seen Rakhi ka Swayambar? and how many bad grooms there were there?

Love marriage might be more of external appearences than the more important things of life...
erm no.... love marriages doesn't mean marraige due to attraction ...In love marriages at least the couple can see whether the other person is suitable for their characteristics. U cant judge a person and their family in just 1 day or thru shaadi.com by what they've written in their biodata🤣

and there is nothing to say that there is no love after marriage.
what if u dont fall in love with ur partner after marriage? what if u dont get on well with that person?

You definily fall in love
how can u be so sure? not necessarily! again I can think of lots of cases where actually the true colours of the groom and his family have come out AFTER marriage.

and share that special relationship with your spouse...And today even in arranged marriages the girl and boy spend time with each other and get to know each other before they tie the knot...
not always
anyone can seem like a good person in just a few weeks...but u need at least 6 months to see what the person is REALLY like!

The only type of marriage that I dont works is the eloping wale marriages and as it happens in most films also where the girl eventually comes back...
they're FICTIONAL films..and they emphasise on the romance part of it...thats their job.
it happens in reality also...or even if they leave their family that sadness is always there...just my opinion and maybe its easy for me to say since I knew my husband long before we decided to get married and our parents arranged it for us..but it was not the filmy wala love marriage...
but u knew ur husband b4 getting married to him- so thats different.
Some arranged marriages do work...but not all! (as I've seen)!

Edited by Knowalot2 - 14 years ago
Originally posted by sweetladki87

I used to think love marriage is the way to go but after seeing few love marriages break, well not working, I think I would rather go with arranged marriage but i would want to know that guy for 6 mths to 1 yr.  at least that way I know, I won't judge that person wrong. (I have tendency to do that...I have judged lot of ppl wrong,.who were my good friends)

and ur saying that arranged marriages always work?

You shud then see the number of arranged marriages that have to be maintained but are a burden to the couple!

i had a love marriage.......and its been working great so far.......none of my family had gone through arrange marriages not even my parents........

thats the reason why i started watching this show.....

I guess it all boils down to whom ur marrying...and how well you communicate with your partner....

Be it luv or arrange......it all depends as it takes 2 to make it work......😊...